Prayer & Fasting, week 4
Prayer Focus: Families and Relationships
What is the most important relationship we have aside from our relationship with our Creator? I believe we’d all agree that it is with our families. We get families two ways either through genetics and/or through relationships. These relationships are often deeper and more long-lasting than genetic or physical families; this type of friend is closer than a brother and sister. (Prov 18:24b). How blessed we are to have both physical families and emotional families!!
Being part of a family, either physical or emotional, includes responsibility. We need to care for those whose hearts God has entrusted to us.
Here are a couple of great verses upon which to meditate when praying for families:
- We declare Whom we and our family will worship: “… but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” Josh 24:15.
- Our grandchildren will serve the LORD, because we fear God: “But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children.” Ps 103:17.
- We are to forgive, according to Scripture, when a family members offends us: “Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.” Col 3:13.
- We are to be dedicated to each other & to respect one another: “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Rom 12:10.
… and let’s not forget to continue praying for the healing of physical bodies, the United States, Israel, and for relationships!
Are we willing to pray 15 minutes a day?
“Father, we thank You for each of these who has committed to praying daily for the needs of the other. Thank You that we are Joshua’s and Caleb’s and want to help hold the other’s arms up when we tire or get discouraged. Bless these amazing friends. Help prayer to become a focus in each of our lives. Thank You for this week – we ask that You move mightily in each of our lives. In the Mighty name of our Messiah, Yeshua, we agree!”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Howells: needed sale
- Rhonda, Elin, Tere, April, 3-year old Josh: healing.
- Friend (Georges): healing
- Nieces (Marsha): God’s peace after the death of their father
- Marty Goetz: open heart
- Individuals in crisis! (inter-relational, emotional, physical) – we need to stand guard against the enemy.
- Protection for pastors.
- Marsha (Rhonda’s friend): friend’s husband. Encouragement and peace.
- HEALING and PEACE for all!
- Pray: for ISIS to be stopped; protection of believers.
- Pray: for victims of terror and their families.
- Pray: for those who are in financial or emotional difficulties.
- Pray for America.
Read all God is doing through prayer!
- Kerene: approval for new medicine!
- Rhonda: surgery went well
- Tere got an excellent report from doc!
- Children are applying Scripture memory verses to their lives!
- VBS was terrific!
- Coles’ trips: amazing – thank you for your prayers!!
- Rhonda is receiving answers! We rejoice with her!
- David Davis (Israel): fantastic report from his doctors this week: he is cancer-free!!
- Aunt (Norman George): went home from hospital!
- Brother (Jim Robeson): went home from hospital!
- Unspoken victories are beginning to shower down!!!
- Georges: great trip!
- Oxana’s grandbaby, even after struggle with birth, born healthy!
- 3 other babies born healthy!!
- David Davis (pastor of Kehilat haCarmel in Haifa) has completed his extensive treatment in Mexico and has returned to Haifa!
- April: good report from doctor!
- Tracy’s infection didn’t spread to her bones!
- Shar (Les’a’s friend): house sold!!!
- Peace has returned to Don’s mom!!!
- Pamela’s miracle at work.
- Mary and Joe Benton’s son is now in Tucson! Grandson’s blood counts remained steady through the trip.
- April (Betty & Harold’s daughter): scan came back showing no cancer in her brain!