Week 55, year 2! (Sunday-Shabbat)
One of our intercessors observed that there are many needs on our prayer list. Indeed this is true; as evidenced by the fact that everywhere we turn we see people in desperate, critical situations. However, unlike those who do not know the power of prayer, we don’t have to merely say to those hurting individuals: “Sorry; you’re in my thoughts.”
G-d is giving us the opportunity to intervene through prayer. Circumstances will change. Did you know that this year alone we have had 119 answers to prayers!! And 39 more situations for which we are continuing to pray. Some of the answers are small and almost insignificant-seeming; others are huge – victories over issues that have harassed for years; but all are answers from our loving heavenly Father.
“And we prayed to our God and set a guard as a protection against them [the enemy/evil ones] day & night,” Neh 4:9 ESV
Guard in Neh 4:9 is also translated watch; other synonyms are protector, guardian, defender, sentinel. Yes, G-d has a message for us – we are to be the sentinels, the protectors, the guardians, the defenders of those who need protection through prayer.
Ezekiel 33:6 paints a clear picture of the importance G-d puts on watchmen:
“But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people … I will hold the watchman accountable ….”
G-d has a high standard for those of us who answer His call to become watchmen for our families, for our country, for Israel, for others. But, great is the reward! We get to have the opportunity to see our sovereign L-rd move, to see Him set the captives/the hurting free, to see Him using us.
“Precious, mighty L-rd, thank You for ALL the miracles You continue to bring about. Thank You for continuing to use us – we are amazed that You choose us – thank You. We love You, L-rd; we bless You! We pray that You heal our children, their children, and their marriages. Draw our families to You. Give traveling mercies and divine interventions during their travels. We pray Your continued healing and ministry to Janet and Maggie (each of whom lost their moms this month); heal David, Matt, and Keith of their addictions; physically heal Paul, Bonnie, Maxine, Joe, Lori, Marita, Alex, Phyllis, Lisa’s daughter, John – all of those with physical challenges. Bring revival to our country. Bring Your peace to J’lem. In Your most holy Name.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
1. PROTECTION FOR ISRAEL – God will bring His peace to J’lem and all of Israel.
2. REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
3. FAMILIES – MARRIAGES (specifically our children’s marriages): God will bring families together. Spirit of division will cease. Family relationships healed! Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
4. PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
5. Bonnie: healing, vitality – no more health issues. Where there is no blood vessel that God will cause one to develop.
6. Lori: back spasms will stop.
7. Fernandez family: God’s protection during Mike’s absence as he is working out of state.
8. Debbie & Dennis (now in Houston): direction for their new life; peace; bring them good friends to come alongside them during their transition.
9. Janet: prayer for peace, wisdom, comfort, and love to reign (Janet’s mom passed away)
10. Ann & George (now in Havasu): prayer for peace as their son passed away last Sat.
11. Maggie & Matt (Les’a’s sister in law and her son): Healing of Maggie’s family after her mom’s death. Her son Matt to be healed from addiction to prescription meds.
12. Lisa: healing and wisdom regarding daughter’s issues.
13. Marita (Israel): total foot and leg health.
14. Maxine: Pain will be gone & fascia to be healed. Dehydration will be corrected and kidneys will come out of stage 5.
15. Joe: no problems with complications from fall. Total healing.
16. PJ: God would open door for him to go to nursing school.
17. Tracy: healing of migraines
18. Friend and fellow musician (Oxana): pregnant with twins. She is in hospital again; prayer for financial, physical, and emotional needs to be met.
19. Connie: continued healing from infection.
20. Phyllis Fernandez: gall stones – healing, direction
21. David (Bev & Ruben’s son): That he will continue going to AA and will turn his heart fully to G-d.
22. John: health and vibrancy
23. Alex: wisdom & healing of liver.
24. Daughter (Debbie & Dennis): wisdom regarding high stress at work during pregnancy
25. Joanne (Dawn’s friend): hunger to know the Lord
26. Cynthia: I wanted to update on parents situation with the lawsuit. The lawyers have gotten nowhere in their fact gathering, in regards to finding a way to make my parents liable personally. Their goal is to cover for the cost of the medical expenses plus more for those who were hurt in the food bank accident. It became a personal thing because the church insurance was not a huge policy that will pay out the kind of money they hoped to get. So they haven't been able to get anywhere with it as a result of our prayers. The lawyers said they were going to try to appeal to the state Supreme Court, which is highly unlikely to get them results. They were not successful because my parents are not liable. A patron of the food bank hit the accelerator instead of their brakes, causing injuries to several people on the car's path. Some sued, others did not. The patron's insurance was not sufficient for the lawyers either. Our continued prayers are that this thing will be shut down completely and it's no longer something hanging over my parents. Those with injuries have recovered well. My family and I really appreciate all the prayers from the congregation on this and for those hurt. Together we all are a powerful prayer warrior team!
27. Deb: victory!
28. Bruce (Maxine’s brother in law): prostate and thyroid cancer. Healing and revelation of the Messiah.
29. Anna & Yair (daughter and fiancé of couple we help to support in Israel): Father and mother’s request: “please pray that the example and witness they have shown thus far in their lives will only grow and mature as they become the next generation serving the Lord in Israel.”
30. Dawn: wisdom, discernment, and direction
31. Sheri & Vince (Dawn’s kidz): God will open amazing doors; doors where their hearts are filled and when they can minister.
32. Judy & son (Les’a’s friend’s friend): he is charged with 1st degree murder – please pray for God’s righteousness to prevail on all levels.
33. Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
34. Power to overcome temptations.
35. Isaiah (Phyllis’ grandson): emotional healing and physical protection from bullies. That You will give him a heart of compassion and a desire to serve You all of his days. That he will have favor & excitement when he goes to his new school after their move. Phyllis also requests prayer for the bullies.
36. Jordan (Les’a and Don’s friend son): Naval seaman just deployed. Safety and drawing to the Lord
37. Leonard (Phyllis brother): kidney action to be resumed; doctors to determine problem.
38. Amy, Debbie, Charity (Debbie & Dennis): prayer for resolving emotional scars of past which are affecting extended family relationships.
39. Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2013!
Read all He is doing this year through prayer!
1. Maxine: fantastic family time! Her kidney numbers came back perfect!
2. Joe: no serious damage when he fell.
3. Phyllis D (now in Ohio): in her own home!
4. Debbie & Dennis: back in States and many lives were touched for the L-rd during their trip.
5. Rudy (Les’a’s friend’s son): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications – Huge Miracle! God intervened — he is able to have work. His mother is grateful for the prayers and is amazed at his healing.
6. Paul: sounds amazing! Able to walk down parallel bars 8 times (riding in the wheel chair only to return to starting point)!! Both Lynn and Paul are doing outpatient therapy at Health South. Please continue praying for total restoration.
7. Jo Lynn (Norman G’s sister): despite a few setbacks this week, she is continuing to make great strides.
8. Keith: made contact with his grandmother. Please pray he wants to make permanent lifestyle changes.
9. David: is in half-way house and looking good. Attending AA.
10. Maxine: great report from doctor.
11. Connie: great answer to unspoken request.
12. Alejandrina (Bonnie’s new friend in hospital): One evening we prayed for Alejandrina to be able to leave ICU. Within a short period after prayer, daughter went to see Alejandrina. Daughter said difference in her was remarkable. In less than 24 hours after prayer she was moved out of ICU! Hallelujah.
13. Bonnie: did not have another hearty attack – HALLELUJAH! Again the Lord answered her prayers that she would not have open heart.
14. Alex: good report and direction regarding thyroid and liver issues. Please pray for total restoration.
15. God is making a way where there seemed to be none!
16. Sally’s surgery went very well.
17. Connie: surgery went very well and she’s back in service!
18. Yonah: opportunity to be mentored in worship
19. People resisted temptation – hallelujah!
20. Co-worker and Alex: each received positive reports from their doctors!
21. Lori: unspoken work-related issue: resolved the day we prayed! Thank YOU!!
22. Christine (Bev & Ruben’s daughter in law): her church gave her a van!
23. Maksim (Norman’s military friend): returned from Afghanistan! Pray for him and his family as he transitions back into life in the US.
24. Les’a feels great! PTL this yuk only lasted 10 days instead of the 3 weeks it has for most – thank you for your prayers!
25. Andre (Pamela & Norman’s friend): cactus in his eye. Cactus removed and no problems!.
26. Maxine: surgery went perfectly and took less times than doctor had expected.
27. Tracy: update on numbness on left side of head…it's from the dislocated clavicle. The bone is pressing on nerves and causing the numbness. Migraines aren't completely gone but let me tell you, Les'a, I haven't had an "episode" since December. Praise the LORD!!!!! I normally get a max of 2 migraines per month, so to have 3 months going on 4 not having any is truly a miracle! I have an "anterior sternoclavicular joint dislocation" from November when JJ banged his head against my chest, please pray that the LORD puts it back into its place.
28. Emergency Preparedness for the Modern Christian Family – excellent mtg!
29. Connie: passed test!
30. Natan: promoted!
31. Natan and family went to church again!
32. Joan: settled back home – doing well.
33. Joan got excellent reports from her doctors.
34. Joe: released from hospital and feeling better!
35. Paul: small improvements – off oxygen. Breathing is fine – still too weak to cough. Back pain continues. Medicare will transfer him to a new facility next month. Lynn is getting lunch every day at Cornerstone! Doctors are encouraged and feel he is making good progress.
36. Embryonic steps our children are making toward the Lord!! Hallelujah!
37. Lori: positive report from doctor – prayer for a new job without lifting – that doesn’t strain her back..
38. Baby Addy (Betty & Harold’s granddaughter): excellent report from cardiologist – no return visit for 9 months! Holes in heart are closing..
39. God is giving CFS a reputation for being a praying congregation – and people are looking forward to miracles wrought as a result of our prayers! Isn’t our King wonderful to use “us”!
40. One of the believers whom we help to support: said she is focusing this year on intercession and CFS! WOW! That’s exciting!
41. God showed us many, many baby steps of answers He’s bringing about in the lives of our loved ones! Hallelujah!
42. Mom (Tracy’s): safely arrived in the US.
43. Bonnie: becoming stronger. She is able to work full time. Let us continue praying for her total healing and God’s perfect timing for her to return to work.. (She survived a 7-hour heart attack! And with only minor heart damage! And, He has granted her heart’s desire: she will not have open heart surgery! Out of the hospital – her doc was amazed at how much better she looked than she had 3 weeks before!)
44. Flu/Cold symptoms: healing and health for our loved ones.
45. Joan (Les’a’s mom): great report from spinal doctor. Physical therapy is immediate direction, rather than surgery – a true answer to her prayers! She is getting stronger everyday – walked a mile in physical therapy Friday!
46. Maxine: out of the hospital and doing well. feeling soo much better! Did not have any compressions fractures!
47. Bev & Ruben: huge answers to prayer. Pray David follows thru with his direction.
48. Phyllis & family arrived in Ohio. They had a good trip! Nevertheless, we miss her! Danielle was able to purchase a beautiful double-wide home. Phyllis is going to service Sat!!
49. Connie: found a new home!
50. Granddaughter (Betty & Harold): born healthy!
51. Rhonda & Norm: the Lord brought order out of chaos!
52. Paul: even little setbacks, God uses! Paul is back at HealthSouth!
53. Nephew (Les’a): serious auto accident with car’s being totaled. His outlook is great!
54. Maxine: trip was fantastic!
55. Krinskys: home has sold and they moved.
56. Interviews (Dawn’s ‘grandson’ and Debbie’s daughter): God to open doors to jobs
57. David (Bev & Ruben): he is fulfilling court obligations. Pray for total deliverance and repentance.
58. Danielle (Phyllis): excellent report – no cancer!
59. Somewhat estranged son (John): initiated a visit!! Visit was good!
60. Phyllis: feeling better!
61. Lord is orchestrating timing!
62. Becca (Tracy’s friend): surgery successful and, after a month in physical therapy, is able to go home! Prayer for salvation.
63. Tere: trip was amazing!
64. Danielle (Phyllis’ daughter): surgery successful – no malignancy. Doing amazingly!!!
65. Jim’s nephew: able to return to work in record time!! (accident and all facial bones, except jaw, were broken.)
66. Steve (Pamela’s friend): successful surgery & desire to be discipled.
67. PJ: truth verified regarding his physical situation.
68. Yom Kippur fast: several commented this was their first fast & it was very special.
69. Janet: during Yom Kippur fast received word that her art was accepted in a festival!
70. Maxine & Joe: trip was refreshing.
71. Leonard (Phyllis’ brother) is out of the hospital!
72. Jim: trip was fruitful.
73. Pamela: strained back: able to work.
74. John (Phyllis): going to AA everyday and is determined to make good decisions. He and his wife are speaking!! Hallelujah!!
75. Harold: a fantastic word about his new job!!! TYJ!
76. Maxine’s baptism: amazing and refreshing for all – especially her!
77. Debbie’s and Dennis’ trips to see families: very good.
78. Deb: trip to ABQ to see father, was very specialtime & experiences during visit, & seeds of love, devotion, & hope were planted.
79. Daughter (Tere): successful out-patient surgery to remove fatty tissue cyst on leg.
80. Joe: procedure: revealed no problems! Prayers they determine what is causing him the pain.
81. Ramon (Krinskys): PSA count went from 4.0 to 0.0!! Doctor was extremely pleased and said he didn’t need to see him for 6 months.
82. Bob (Maxine & Joe’s friend): excellent report from Mayo Clinic– cancer is in remission!!!
83. Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): appears to continue doing better. Prayers that she continues with treatment.
84. Betty & Harold: new jobs!
85. Les’a & Don: God healed our water softener – repairman asked his Bible study to agree with himJ
86. Family members are opening to the Word and prayer!
87. Matthew (Frank): decided to stay in rehab!! Pray for total deliverance.
88. Frank’s trip: good report
89. Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
90. Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
91. Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
92. Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
93. Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
94. Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
95. Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
96. Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
97. Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
98. Norman G: finished back taxes!
99. Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
100. Maxine: pain-free
101. Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
102. Marita: “Prayer Tools on your website is very popular.” It is being read in Israel, South Africa & France and is being translated into Spanish!!! May His Word continue to go forth!
103. Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian turns to God for comfort during his grieving.
104. Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
105. Operation Jericho answers are coming!
106. Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
107. Natan returned from 3rd deployment.
108. Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
109. Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
110. God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
111. Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
112. Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
113. Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
114. Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments — & full schedules!
115. Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
116. Bonnie: family visit was excellent
117. Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
118. Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
119. Lynn Mann: healing from foot surgery.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listedGod will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS BRING GREAT RESULTS: read a summation of what our LORD did last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.
On the website are specific answers from year 1 of Call To Prayer: