Happy Birthday, America!
Week 56, year 2! (Sunday-Shabbat)
Last week we discussed the importance of being a watchman – G-d has called us, as Believers, to be watchmen — to be on high alert & to intercede for those in our families, in our communities, in our country. Through prayer, G-d IS changing circumstances! We are seeing people set free.
This week’s focus is to intercede for our nation. We are blessed to be Americans – what an amazing country the L-rd has given us. Truly we live in the “land of the free and the home of the brave.” The land of bounty. But these blessings have come with a price (I encourage you to watch the excellent video about the signers of the Declaration of Independence.
Each of these signers paid a price for the freedoms we depend upon each day. Are we, also, willing to pay for our freedom? We think: “I’m only one person; I am so over-busy. What can “I” do to help my country?”
Studies show that the average person wastes approximately 2 hours everyday at traffic lights, surfing the net, playing video games, etc. But, what if we took 10 minutes every day this week and prayed – really prayed, even fasted – for this great republic? We could be part of a ground swell of bringing G-d back into everyday life in our country. The L-rd has given us two powerful verses with promises for our living peaceful lives and for G-d’s healing for our land:
“ I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness, 1Tim 2:1-2, NIV.
14 “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land,” 2 Chron 7:14, NIV.
Will you take the challenge and pray 10 minutes each day this week for our country?
7 Prayer points for this week:
- Pray that America will stand strong in support of Israel
- Pray that Americans will understand that our nation's strength comes from God, not from our own ingenuity.
- Pray for our nation's young people; that G-d will protect them from the myriad of negative influences in our secular culture.
- Pray that authentic Christians will model Christ's love in workplaces throughout America.
- Pray that our nation's leaders will make wise decisions regarding the problems our country is facing.
- Pray for our troops serving in Afghanistan, Iraq and throughout the world. Ask the Lord to comfort, protect and guide them and keep their families back home strong.
- Pray for families and marriages.
“Thank You L-rd for entrusting this great nation to us. What a heritage You have given us. Help us to pray 10 minutes each day this week for healing of our land. Bring Your peace to J’lem. Protect our soldiers – bring them home safe and be with their families – help them to grow ever closer. Heal Maggie, Maxine, Joe, Bonnie, Joe, Connie, Paul, all those with health issues. Bless our families, bring them together to serve You. Protect our soldiers and their families – bring revival to our land. We worship You, mighty Father.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
1. PROTECTION FOR ISRAEL – God will bring His peace to J’lem and all of Israel.
2. REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
3. FAMILIES – MARRIAGES (specifically our children’s marriages): God will bring families together. Spirit of division will cease. Family relationships healed! Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
4. PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
5. Maggie (Les’a’s sis in law): 30 hours out of hospital and she is experiencing “heart failure” (PTL, not a heart attack).She is back in hospital with difficulty breathing, high blood pressure, high blood sugars, and low grade fever – please pray! G-d did a huge miracle this week by sparing her; we’re believing for another one! (My brother thanks everyone for their prayers – He is answering!) – and for son Matt who is in wk 3 for rehab for prescription drugs.
6. Aria (Dawn’s 4 yr old great granddaughter): swallowed a quarter-sized washer. It needs to pass by Monday, or she’ll have to have it surgically removed – please pray for this precious little one.
7. Bonnie: healing, vitality – no more health issues. Where there is no blood vessel that God will cause one to develop.
8. Lori: back spasms will stop.
9. Fernandez family: God’s protection during Mike’s absence as he is working out of state.
10. Maxine: Pain will be gone & fascia to be healed. Dehydration will be corrected and kidneys will come out of stage 5.
11. Joe: no problems with complications from fall. Total healing.
12. PJ: God would open door for him to go to nursing school.
13. Tracy: healing of migraines
14. Alex: wisdom & healing of liver.
15. Connie: continued healing from infection.
16. Phyllis Fernandez: gall stones – healing, direction
17. Janet: prayer for peace, wisdom, comfort, and love to reign (Janet’s mom passed away)
18. Lisa: healing and wisdom regarding daughter’s issues.
19. Art: prayer for Dan and Sara and their marriage – and come to the L-rd
20. Marita (Israel): total foot and leg health.
21. Betty & Harold (their daughter and kids): doing well!! Pray for April’s marriage and that they – and all our children – will totally turn their hearts to HaShem!
22. Ann & George (now in Havasu): prayer for peace as their son passed away last Sat.
23. Friend and fellow musician (Oxana): pregnant with twins. She is in hospital again; prayer for financial, physical, and emotional needs to be met.
24. David (Bev & Ruben’s son): That he will continue going to AA and will turn his heart fully to G-d.
25. John: health and vibrancy
26. Daughter (Debbie & Dennis): wisdom regarding high stress at work during pregnancy
27. Joanne (Dawn’s friend): hunger to know the Lord
28. Cynthia: I wanted to update on parents situation with the lawsuit. The lawyers have gotten nowhere in their fact gathering, in regards to finding a way to make my parents liable personally. Their goal is to cover for the cost of the medical expenses plus more for those who were hurt in the food bank accident. It became a personal thing because the church insurance was not a huge policy that will pay out the kind of money they hoped to get. So they haven't been able to get anywhere with it as a result of our prayers. The lawyers said they were going to try to appeal to the state Supreme Court, which is highly unlikely to get them results. They were not successful because my parents are not liable. A patron of the food bank hit the accelerator instead of their brakes, causing injuries to several people on the car's path. Some sued, others did not. The patron's insurance was not sufficient for the lawyers either. Our continued prayers are that this thing will be shut down completely and it's no longer something hanging over my parents. Those with injuries have recovered well. My family and I really appreciate all the prayers from the congregation on this and for those hurt. Together we all are a powerful prayer warrior team!
29. Deb: victory!
30. Bruce (Maxine’s brother in law): prostate and thyroid cancer. Healing and revelation of the Messiah.
31. Anna & Yair (daughter and fiancé of couple we help to support in Israel): Father and mother’s request: “please pray that the example and witness they have shown thus far in their lives will only grow and mature as they become the next generation serving the Lord in Israel.”
32. Dawn: wisdom, discernment, and direction
33. Sheri & Vince (Dawn’s kidz): God will open amazing doors; doors where their hearts are filled and when they can minister.
34. Judy & son (Les’a’s friend’s friend): he is charged with 1st degree murder – please pray for God’s righteousness to prevail on all levels.
35. Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
36. Power to overcome temptations.
37. Isaiah (Phyllis’ grandson): emotional healing and physical protection from bullies. That You will give him a heart of compassion and a desire to serve You all of his days. That he will have favor & excitement when he goes to his new school after their move. Phyllis also requests prayer for the bullies.
38. Jordan (Les’a and Don’s friend son): Naval seaman just deployed. Safety and drawing to the Lord
39. Leonard (Phyllis brother): kidney action to be resumed; doctors to determine problem.
40. Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2013!
Read all He is doing this year through prayer!
1. Maggie (Les’a’s sister in law and her son): Huge miracle! She is alive — met new different doctors. They feel this heart attack wound up be a blessing in disguise. (Since writing this; she experienced another set-back and is back in hospital; please refer to prayer request #5 above.) Her son Matt has been in rehab for 3 wks (addiction to prescription meds).
2. David: is in half-way house and looking good – has two jobs. Attending AA. Was sentenced to 3 years probation, instead of prison!
3. Debbie & Dennis (now in Houston): closing on Houston home and moving into their own home.
4. Marita (believer living in Israel): “Thank you for praying for my ankle. I feel that my ankle is healed completely. Thank you for your prayers. Blessings.”
5. Maxine: fantastic family time! Her kidney numbers came back perfect!
6. Joe: no serious damage when he fell.
7. Phyllis D (now in Ohio): in her own home!
8. Debbie & Dennis: back in States and many lives were touched for the L-rd during their trip.
9. Rudy (Les’a’s friend’s son): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications – Huge Miracle! God intervened — he is able to have work. His mother is grateful for the prayers and is amazed at his healing.
10. Paul: sounds amazing! Able to walk down parallel bars 8 times (riding in the wheel chair only to return to starting point)!! Both Lynn and Paul are doing outpatient therapy at Health South. Please continue praying for total restoration.
11. Jo Lynn (Norman G’s sister): despite a few setbacks this week, she is continuing to make great strides.
12. Keith: made contact with his grandmother. Please pray he wants to make permanent lifestyle changes.
13. Maxine: great report from doctor.
14. Connie: great answer to unspoken request.
15. Alejandrina (Bonnie’s new friend in hospital): One evening we prayed for Alejandrina to be able to leave ICU. Within a short period after prayer, daughter went to see Alejandrina. Daughter said difference in her was remarkable. In less than 24 hours after prayer she was moved out of ICU! Hallelujah.
16. Bonnie: did not have another hearty attack – HALLELUJAH! Again the Lord answered her prayers that she would not have open heart.
17. Alex: good report and direction regarding thyroid and liver issues. Please pray for total restoration.
18. God is making a way where there seemed to be none!
19. Sally’s surgery went very well.
20. Connie: surgery went very well and she’s back in service!
21. Yonah: opportunity to be mentored in worship
22. People resisted temptation – hallelujah!
23. Co-worker and Alex: each received positive reports from their doctors!
24. Lori: unspoken work-related issue: resolved the day we prayed! Thank YOU!!
25. Christine (Bev & Ruben’s daughter in law): her church gave her a van!
26. Maksim (Norman’s military friend): returned from Afghanistan! Pray for him and his family as he transitions back into life in the US.
27. Les’a feels great! PTL this yuk only lasted 10 days instead of the 3 weeks it has for most – thank you for your prayers!
28. Andre (Pamela & Norman’s friend): cactus in his eye. Cactus removed and no problems!.
29. Maxine: surgery went perfectly and took less times than doctor had expected.
30. Tracy: update on numbness on left side of head…it's from the dislocated clavicle. The bone is pressing on nerves and causing the numbness. Migraines aren't completely gone but let me tell you, Les'a, I haven't had an "episode" since December. Praise the LORD!!!!! I normally get a max of 2 migraines per month, so to have 3 months going on 4 not having any is truly a miracle! I have an "anterior sternoclavicular joint dislocation" from November when JJ banged his head against my chest, please pray that the LORD puts it back into its place.
31. Emergency Preparedness for the Modern Christian Family – excellent mtg!
32. Connie: passed test!
33. Natan: promoted!
34. Natan and family went to church again!
35. Joan(Les’a’s mom): settled back home – doing well.
36. Joan(Les’a’s mom): got excellent reports from her doctors.
37. Joe: released from hospital and feeling better!
38. Paul: small improvements – off oxygen. Breathing is fine – still too weak to cough. Back pain continues. Medicare will transfer him to a new facility next month. Lynn is getting lunch every day at Cornerstone! Doctors are encouraged and feel he is making good progress.
39. Embryonic steps our children are making toward the Lord!! Hallelujah!
40. Lori: positive report from doctor – prayer for a new job without lifting – that doesn’t strain her back..
41. Baby Addy (Betty & Harold’s granddaughter): excellent report from cardiologist – no return visit for 9 months! Holes in heart are closing..
42. God is giving CFS a reputation for being a praying congregation – and people are looking forward to miracles wrought as a result of our prayers! Isn’t our King wonderful to use “us”!
43. One of the believers whom we help to support: said she is focusing this year on intercession and CFS! WOW! That’s exciting!
44. God showed us many, many baby steps of answers He’s bringing about in the lives of our loved ones! Hallelujah!
45. Mom (Tracy’s): safely arrived in the US.
46. Bonnie: becoming stronger. She is able to work full time. Let us continue praying for her total healing and God’s perfect timing for her to return to work.. (She survived a 7-hour heart attack! And with only minor heart damage! And, He has granted her heart’s desire: she will not have open heart surgery! Out of the hospital – her doc was amazed at how much better she looked than she had 3 weeks before!)
47. Flu/Cold symptoms: healing and health for our loved ones.
48. Joan (Les’a’s mom): great report from spinal doctor. Physical therapy is immediate direction, rather than surgery – a true answer to her prayers! She is getting stronger everyday – walked a mile in physical therapy!
49. Maxine: out of the hospital and doing well. feeling soo much better! Did not have any compressions fractures!
50. Bev & Ruben: huge answers to prayer. Pray David follows thru with his direction.
51. Phyllis & family arrived in Ohio. They had a good trip! Nevertheless, we miss her! Danielle was able to purchase a beautiful double-wide home. Phyllis is going to service Sat!!
52. Connie: found a new home!
53. Granddaughter (Betty & Harold): born healthy!
54. Rhonda & Norm: the Lord brought order out of chaos!
55. Paul: even little setbacks, God uses! Paul is back at HealthSouth!
56. Nephew (Les’a): serious auto accident with car’s being totaled. His outlook is great!
57. Maxine: trip was fantastic!
58. Krinskys: home has sold and they moved.
59. Interviews (Dawn’s ‘grandson’ and Debbie’s daughter): God to open doors to jobs
60. David (Bev & Ruben): he is fulfilling court obligations. Pray for total deliverance and repentance.
61. Danielle (Phyllis): excellent report – no cancer!
62. Somewhat estranged son (John): initiated a visit!! Visit was good!
63. Phyllis: feeling better!
64. Lord is orchestrating timing!
65. Becca (Tracy’s friend): surgery successful and, after a month in physical therapy, is able to go home! Prayer for salvation.
66. Tere: trip was amazing!
67. Danielle (Phyllis’ daughter): surgery successful – no malignancy. Doing amazingly!!!
68. Jim’s nephew: able to return to work in record time!! (accident and all facial bones, except jaw, were broken.)
69. Steve (Pamela’s friend): successful surgery & desire to be discipled.
70. PJ: truth verified regarding his physical situation.
71. Yom Kippur fast: several commented this was their first fast & it was very special.
72. Janet: during Yom Kippur fast received word that her art was accepted in a festival!
73. Maxine & Joe: trip was refreshing.
74. Leonard (Phyllis’ brother) is out of the hospital!
75. Jim: trip was fruitful.
76. Pamela: strained back: able to work.
77. John (Phyllis): going to AA everyday and is determined to make good decisions. He and his wife are speaking!! Hallelujah!!
78. Harold: a fantastic word about his new job!!! TYJ!
79. Maxine’s baptism: amazing and refreshing for all – especially her!
80. Debbie’s and Dennis’ trips to see families: very good.
81. Deb: trip to ABQ to see father, was very specialtime & experiences during visit, & seeds of love, devotion, & hope were planted.
82. Daughter (Tere): successful out-patient surgery to remove fatty tissue cyst on leg.
83. Joe: procedure: revealed no problems! Prayers they determine what is causing him the pain.
84. Ramon (Krinskys): PSA count went from 4.0 to 0.0!! Doctor was extremely pleased and said he didn’t need to see him for 6 months.
85. Bob (Maxine & Joe’s friend): excellent report from Mayo Clinic– cancer is in remission!!!
86. Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): appears to continue doing better. Prayers that she continues with treatment.
87. Betty & Harold: new jobs!
88. Les’a & Don: God healed our water softener – repairman asked his Bible study to agree with himJ
89. Family members are opening to the Word and prayer!
90. Matthew (Frank): decided to stay in rehab!! Pray for total deliverance.
91. Frank’s trip: good report
92. Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
93. Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
94. Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
95. Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
96. Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
97. Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
98. Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
99. Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
100. Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
101. Norman G: finished back taxes!
102. Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
103. Maxine: pain-free
104. Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
105. Marita: “Prayer Tools on your website is very popular.” It is being read in Israel, South Africa & France and is being translated into Spanish!!! May His Word continue to go forth!
106. Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian turns to God for comfort during his grieving.
107. Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
108. Operation Jericho answers are coming!
109. Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
110. Natan returned from 3rd deployment.
111. Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
112. Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
113. God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
114. Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
115. Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
116. Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
117. Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments — & full schedules!
118. Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
119. Bonnie: family visit was excellent
120. Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
121. Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
122. Lynn Mann: healing from foot surgery.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listedGod will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS BRING GREAT RESULTS: read a summation of what our LORD did last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.
On the website are specific answers from year 1 of Call To Prayer: