United We Stand!
“one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
The concept of our country’s being “united” is evidenced even in the name of our country: the United States of America. Our Pledge of Allegiance continues the theme of our being one nation that is indissoluble – that cannot be divided. (“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”)
The idea of a people’s being in one accord is not a new concept; it was a recurrent message in three of the four Gospels.
- Matthew 12:25, NIV: “Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.”
- Yeshua instructed (in Mark 3:25, NASB): “If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.”
- Luke 11:17, NIV: “Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: “Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.”
Differing opinions is part of what makes America a great nation. We learn from our differences, but we must not allow them to divide us. Early American heroes understood the necessity of our country’s being united.
- Abraham Lincoln stated: “a house divided against itself cannot stand.”
- In Patrick Henry’s final public address, March 1799, he admonished his fellow citizens with a warning we need to embrace today: “Let us trust God, and our better judgment to set us right hereafter. United we stand, divided we fall. Let us not split into factions which must destroy that union upon which our existence hangs.”
Ponder: What are we going to do about the chaos, the offences, the hurt feelings that we see evidenced in our country today?
We must pray! We must not allow grievances to impede our unity with one another.
We must remember that just because another disagrees with us – or even the elections didn’t turn out as we had hoped – it is vital to the future of our nation that we act upon our Pledge that we are “… one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
We are not many several little groups – but ONE NATION. God has blessed us with this amazing nation we call home. Let’s get to work and help rebuild our unity.
“Father, bring unity to our country. Bring a halt to the evil that is rampant. Bring Your divine peace to the US as well as to Israel. Protect our leaders, give them Your divine wisdom and guidance. Let them not be led astray by the evil one. Give believers favor and Your words to speak to Israelis as well as to Americans. Turn these countries to You. In the Name of our soon-coming Messiah, Yeshua. Amen.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- USA: Unity in our country. Wisdom for our leadership and their direction. Prayer for their safety.
- Healing for: Reterstorfs, Robesons, etc.
- Dawn’s family & victims in Ohio shooting.
- Total healing spiritual and physical for all we know and love!
- Brother (Tracy Robeson): family crisis.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents
- Howells: needed sale
- Pray for healing and direction of the US
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church
- Attack on our loved ones to be broken and stopped
- Prayer for wisdom and favor as we encounter suffering people
- PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
Read what He is doing through prayer!
- The fires have stopped in Israel!!!
- Denise: amazing visit with family
- God intervened in the elections.
- April: God opened new doors!
- Duane (Coles’ friend): miraculous recovery from stroke
- Rhonda’s & Colin’s surgeries went well
- Kerene: approval for new medicine!
- Tere got an excellent report from doc!
- Children are applying Scripture memory verses to their lives!
- VBS was terrific!
- Coles’ trips: amazing – thank you for your prayers!!
- Rhonda is receiving answers! We rejoice with her!
- David Davis (Israel): fantastic report from his doctors this week: he is cancer-free!!