Are we a failure?
“Do we occasionally get caught up in feeling sorry for ourselves?”
One of the best-known Americans easily could have considered himself a failure … for 28 years, he faced constant defeat. Yet, Abraham Lincoln persevered and became a great American hero. (Look at the list of all of the rejections and discouragements Lincoln faced over a 28-year period.)
While our frustrations are very real, they, however, pale in comparison with all Abe Lincoln faced. Wouldn’t you agree?
I believe there is something more important than merely trudging through the mire. What does God say about us? Are we failures in His eyes?
In the very beginning of the Bible, God tells us that he “… created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them,” Gen 1:27. He adds, “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them,” Eph 2:10.
How amazing that each one of us is created in His image. Regardless of how pretty, smart, athletic, wealthy, or spiritual we are, He created EACH and every one of us human beings in His image.
Who we are in Him is not contingent upon what we make of ourselves – it is contingent upon who He made us!!!
The good news is that He is not finished with us “For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus,” Phil 1:6. That means that we are not a ‘lost cause’! And He will continue working in us; our Lord is not a quitter, He will continue until the day of our Lord.
More good news: each morning – every morning – we can start afresh. I remember when our children were young, at the end of the day, I would write each of our short-comings on a white board. When we asked each other for forgiveness, I would cross out the wrong. When we asked God for His forgiveness, I erased the board. In the same way He erases the ‘white board’ in our individual lives.
Ponder: The author of Ecclesiastes proclaims , “… for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness,” Lam 3:22b-23. (also, Luke 1:78). It is refreshing to know that every morning His compassion and His mercies for us are new – Hallelu-YAH, He is renewing us daily!
“Father, thank You that You do not give up on us – even though we are a mess. You are our sovereign Lord. We exalt You and thank You for continuing Your mighty work in each of our lives. We bless You, our King! Bring stability to our Land and to Israel. Bring Your sovereign peace. In the Name of our soon-coming Messiah, Yeshua. Amen.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- USA: Unity in our country. Wisdom for our leadership and their direction. Prayer for their safety.
- Healing for: Reterstorfs, Robesons, etc.
- Dawn’s family & victims in Ohio shooting.
- Total healing spiritual and physical for all we know and love!
- Brother (Tracy Robeson): family crisis.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents
- Howells: needed sale
- Pray for healing and direction of the US
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church
- Attack on our loved ones to be broken and stopped
- Prayer for wisdom and favor as we encounter suffering people
- PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
Read what He is doing through prayer!
- The fires have stopped in Israel!!!
- Denise: amazing visit with family
- God intervened in the elections.
- April: God opened new doors!
- Duane (Coles’ friend): miraculous recovery from stroke
- Rhonda’s & Colin’s surgeries went well
- Kerene: approval for new medicine!
- Tere got an excellent report from doc!
- Children are applying Scripture memory verses to their lives!
- VBS was terrific!
- Coles’ trips: amazing – thank you for your prayers!!
- Rhonda is receiving answers! We rejoice with her!
- David Davis (Israel): fantastic report from his doctors this week: he is cancer-free!!