Elul week 2 – We earnestly pray the evil “Jericho” Walls — will fall … as we persevere!
Week 2 of our Walls of Jericho Fast
By Les’a Cole
How has your Walls of Jericho Fast been going?
Have you experienced spiritual. physical, or emotional attacks during this first week of our fast? If you have, know that you are not alone. ICor 10:13 reminds us that we are not alone but these attacks are common to others.
Let us remember that as we Believers unite with the purpose of seeing walls of chaos, discouragement, spiritual blindness, and discord fall, we will see Him prevail and enable us to overcome!!!
Even as the wall around Jericho fell, and the Berlin Wall came down, our sovereign YHVH will bring down these walls thru prayer and fasting. Throughout the centuries, followers of YHVH have turned to Him in prayer and fasting. To mention a few: Moses, Elijah, Esther, Ezra, Job, David, Daniel, Peter, Paul even Yeshua…fasted.
The Bible is filled with more than 70 references to fasting!
Fasting can bring breakthroughs like nothing else. Why? Because as we humble ourselves before God, we eliminate the desires of our flesh. And as we more fully give our hearts and our ways to YHVH, our attention turns away from thoses things that distract us.
There are many different types of fasts. We can eliminate a particular food, drink, or entertainment for a period of time. In place of eating or doing that which we enjoy … we need to use that time to pray! Intercede for those around you; for our country; for those in leadership in Israel and in the US.
Again, I believe the timing of this fast is significant; not only for ourselves but also for our country.
Elul is traditionally a time to repent & to turn more to God, to press into the most High in preparation for His fall High Holy Days, even as we are doing in this fast.
Let us look back on this first week of Elul. While the evil one’s attacks have perhaps intensified, we also remember that … ‘but Greater is He Who is in us! Than he who would attempt to destroy us.’ (1John 4:4b). Exciting news: we have already seen miracles!!! God is intervening in unexpected ways … during this fast, let’s keep our eyes open to see His hand move! If you’ve not yet begun this fast … start today!!! There are 22 more days until Yom Tru’ah.
Let’s each and everyone press in for His breakthroughs. (Each time that I’m tempted to eat “sugar” (or whatever), I pause and think: what do I want more: His breakthrough or this delicacy?!)
Believer beware: during these next 22 days, we will undoubtedly experience intense personal attacks. Why? Because the enemy knows that we’re moving forward in God. We are purposing to disrupt the enemy’s kingdom and his plan for us personally, for our families, for our nation, for Israel.
Some things we must do during this fast:
- Constantly lift up all righteous leaders – both political and spiritual leaders.
- Recognize that the havoc on us personally is an attack from the evil one. The enemy intends to dissuade us from our mission.
- Stay close to the YHVH. Don’t allow satan to discourage and depress.
- Continue in our partial fast: It is a point of determination to see His victory. (And remember: 1Cor 10:13 which states that “No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you [us] to be tempted beyond what you [we] are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you [we] will be able to endure it.”)
- On a natural level, don’t get overly tired (we are more susceptible to reacting to attacks from the enemy when we are overly tired).
And finally, remember that our YHVH (LORD) is moving; through these weeks of intercession, He is teaching us to be faithful! Though the battles may be intense, He will bring about His victory.
May we have eyes to see His victories. (Some may be tiny and others huge, regardless of the “size” of miracle, He is moving!)
Our love & prayers are with you!!!!!
“Ancient of Days, thank You for this season of Teshuva, of turning more intently to You. Help us to be strong and of good courage, as You told Joshua to be. Help us not to be faint-hearted nor to fall short of the goal that You have placed within each of our hearts. Help us to more faithfully turn to You. Touch our country and Israel with Your peace. We bless You, our amazing Father. B’shem, Yeshua.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- USA: Wisdom that we might unite and raise us Godly leaders.
- Israel: peace and righteousness.
- Protection of the persecuted church.