Will YOU pray for America?
Week 18,year 2! (Sunday-Shabbat)
Our country needs us — each of our prayers — like never before.
“We are facing forces that are unabashedly declaring their intention to destroy this nation by disregarding the moral and biblical framework of the founders’ convictions. Unless we become involved and vigilant in prayer, we risk the loss of our freedoms,” Michael Youssef, PhD, Coptic Orthodox Christian who immigrated to the US from Egypt.
Believers in America and all over the world are praying for America. Our country is in desperate need of healing. Sin is rampant within our land. Our citizens have turned from the Almighty. We have broken each of the 10 Commandments. But our Lord has promised that if WE, His followers, will turn from OUR wicked ways, He will heal our land! That is not just good news – it is great news!
Join thousands of American Christians and Christians around the world in praying for our country. To aid your prayer time, we will be regularly posting short prayer videos.
- Thank God for this great nation that He has given us. Name specifically what you are thankful in regards to America.
- Praise God using His many Names revealed in Scripture! Thank Him for His holy character, His loving-kindness, and mercy!
- Thank God throughout the day for your personal blessings in your life.
- Pray to the Lord with a song! Sing a song or hymn of praise to our King today!
Tips and Suggestions on How to Pray
- Watch the video and pray with him/her at the end.
- Pray throughout the day about today's prayer topic.
- Pray together! Gather friends, coworkers, neighbors,and family to pray over prayer topics. Bedtime is always a good time for families to quiet hearts before God's throne in prayer and supplication. If you are single, call a friend in the evening to intercede together.
- If you feel led, pray about fasting during the next 40 days on behalf of our nation.
“Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen.”Rev 7:12, NASB.
“Mighty, gracious heavenly Father, forgive us our sins. We pray that You heal our land. Bring revival to our people. We pray You will thwart the plans of the enemy to destroy our country and culture. Thank You for Your intervention in each of our requests. Touch Paul’s body – we pray You totally restore this man of God. Heal the spiritually and physically wounded – bring Your deliverance. Heal our country. Bless & protect our soldiers. Bring Your peace to J’lem. In Your holy Name we pray.”
Read what He is doing this year through prayer!
1. Danielle (Phyllis’ daughter): surgery successful – no malignancy. Doing amazingly!!!
2. Steve (Pamela’s friend): successful surgery.
3. Yom Kippur fast: several commented this was their first fast & it was very special.
4. Janet: during Yom Kippur fast received word that her art was accepted in a festival!
5. Maxine & Joe: trip was refreshing.
6. Leonard (Phyllis’ brother) is out of the hospital!
7. Jim: trip was fruitful.
8. Pamela: strained back: able to work.
9. John (Phyllis): going to AA everyday and is determined to make good decisions. He and his wife are speaking!! Hallelujah!!
10. Harold: a fantastic word about his new job!!! TYJ!
11. Maxine’s baptism: amazing and refreshing for all – especially her!
12. Rudy (Les’a’s friend’s son): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications – improvement and is able to have part-time job. Please continue to pray for total restoration.
13. Debbie’s and Dennis’ trips to see families: very good.
14. Deb: trip to ABQ to see father, was very special. We enjoyed our time & experiences during my visit, & seeds of love, devotion, & hope, were planted.
15. Daughter (Tere): successful out-patient surgery to remove fatty tissue cyst on leg.
16. Joe: procedure: revealed no problems! Prayers they determine what is causing him the pain.
17. Ramon (Krinskys): PSA count went from 4.0 to 0.0!! Doctor was extremely pleased and said he didn’t need to see him for 6 months.
18. Bob (Maxine & Joe’s friend): excellent report from Mayo Clinic
19. Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): appears to continue doing better. Prayers that she continues with treatment.
20. Betty& Harold: new jobs!
21. Les’a & Don: God healed our water softener – repairman asked his Bible study to agree with himJ
22. Family members are opening to the Word and prayer!
23. Matthew (Frank): decided to stay in rehab!! Pray for total deliverance.
24. Frank’s trip: good report
25. Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
26. Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
27. Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
28. Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
29. Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
30. Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
31. Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
32. Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
33. Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
34. Norman G: finished back taxes!
35. Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
36. Maxine: pain-free
37. Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
38. Marita: “Prayer Tools on your website is very popular.” It is being read in Israel, South Africa & France and is being translated into Spanish!!! May His Word continue to go forth! http://www.faithfulstewardship.org/prayandact/articles/62-tools-for-answered-prayers
39. Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian turns to God for comfort during his grieving.
40. Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
41. Operation Jericho answers are coming!
42. Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
43. Natan came home 3 weeks ago! Thank you for your prayers for his safety and continued prayers for his re-entry into family life.
44. Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
45. Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
46. God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
47. Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
48. Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
49. Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
50. Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments– & full schedules!
51. Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
52. Bonnie: family visit was excellent
53. Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
54. Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
55. Lynn Mann: total healing from foot surgery.
Listen to what our LORD did last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.
Prayer: Are we willing to continue your commitment to praying 15 minutes a dayfor a year? Reminder: Don’t forget even baby steps are answers!
· Paul: hospitalized with critical viral infection, seizures, and complications – URGENT prayer for this man’s healing (Also, please pray for Lynn: strength; son Jeff: peace and draw close to God.)
· Amy, Debbie, Charity (Debbie & Dennis): prayer for resolving emotional scars of past which are affecting extended family relationships.
· Nephew (Bev & Ruben): Believer diagnosed with leukemia
· Friend (Norman G): able to conceive a child
· Chantell: grandmother is very ill: prayer for peace, wisdom, traveling mercies
· New jobs for the many who need one.
· Jim’s nephew: accident and all facial bones, except jaw, were broken. He is being transferred to UCLA hospital. As he is a professional chef, his family requests prayer that his sense of sight and taste will return.
· Krinskys: house sale and move to be without a hitch.
· Families of slain Ambassador Chris Stevens and other Americans assassinated in Libya
· Favor, peace, and wisdom in the work place.
· Dawn’s daughter and grandson: accident. Both cars totaled; hallelujah: they were not hurt but badly shaken.
· Chantell: new job
· PJ: truth will be obvious. God will give PJ great wisdom and much favor.
· Les’a: wisdom and direction
· Bev & Ruben: God will restoreall that was stolen from their home. That David will turn away from his destructive ways and to the God of his parents. God’s peace will reign!
· Joanne (Dawn): 84 yrs and not well. Please pray for her salvation
· Laura (Norman G): unspoken; prayer for Steven as he begins life since his wife’s death
· Maxine, Bonnie, Jim, Joe, and all others: healing and vitality.
· Brother (Doc): healing spiritually and physically.
· Ron (Debbie & Dennis): light stroke; no apparent damage; air lifted to UMC. Prayer for total restoration.
· PJ & Tracy: house and finances.
· Danielle (Phyllis): pray for deliverance, healing, stability for boys
· Son (Les’a’s co-worker’s son): healing and motivation
· Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): will continue in therapy.
· Becca (Tracy’s friend): continued healing from surgery. Know the Lord as Savior.
· Krinskys: sale of home and moving mercies
· Natan and Chantell: finances and transition into ‘normal God-centered life’
· Natan: PTSD – transition home and all will quickly “be on the same page”
· Son (John): divorce and custody, know the God of his father
· John: correct medicine will be prescribed and there will be no side effects
· Families: please pray that God will intervene and bring His peace and righteousness to these families.
· Uncle (Deb): cancer
· Father (Deb): seek medical needed medical assistance to be able to regain mobility
· Friends and family (Deb): close relationship with the Messiah
· Rhonda: stress & car issues.
· Unspoken: spiritual battles. Pray that His love & truth will prevail.
· Jobs: favor and wisdom
· Pamela: job direction
· Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2012!
· Lori: God’s intervention and total resolution.
· Bonnie: work comes early in the week – with no technical difficulties.
· Prayers for our country and revival.
· Nathan (Jeannette’s son in law): encouragement and support as he works with patients.
· Prayers for victims and their families in the heinous movie theater shootingin Aurora, CO.
· Prayer for victims and their families of the heinous acts of terror against Israeli tourists in Bulgaria.
· Tere: 2-year legal proceeding regarding mother’s care to come to a close quickly. And with a positive outcome.
· Phyllis & Maxine: pain-free, energy, and vitality.
· Tsilla (Debbie): depression
· Prayer for our soldiers: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
· Jordan (Les’a & Don): Navy Boot Camp – prayer for him & his family.
· Kyle (Yvonne’s son): heart to the Lord – heaviness of depression to lift.
· Debbie & Dennis (& us all!!): God will lead and guide our footsteps and use us to minister to others.
· Another family reunion: joyous time of togetherness
· Group in Yellowstone: prayer to break strongholds over the area.
· Cynthia: lawsuit against her parents and their food bank ministry. Pray suit will be dropped & healing will result.
· Isabel Mercedes Celis (6-year old Tucson girl who was abducted April 21): pray for safety and return to her family.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Marita (in Israel): prayer for total healing from kidney stones. She does much for the Kingdom!
- Jeff & Paul (Paul & Lynn Mann): healing from knee surgeries.
- Krys (Les’a’s co-worker’s husband): serious problems caused by Parkinson's.
- Susie (Bonnie): from previous cervical fusion, one of the screws started migrating and was pushing at her esophagus threatening a puncture. Prayer for recovery from surgery and acceptance of Jesus.
- Bud (Tracy’s father): continued healing; insurance issues resolved.
- Bonnie: healing with oxygen levels.
- Christopher & Liz (Maxine): she has ovarian cancer, resulting in financial problems. Pray for encouragement.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
- Jeanne (Bonnie’s friend): stage 4 ovarian cancer. Salvation and healing with the understanding it was God Who healed her.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listedGod will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS BRING GREAT RESULTS:
On the website are answers from year 1 of Call To Prayer