Why memorize Psalm 91?
Prayer Focus week 33 (Sunday-Shabbat)
Does it matter what Scripture we memorize, as long as we memorize Scripture? No. The key is having His Word hidden within our hearts. Psalm 91 is an excellent passage to learn; it has been called the Ultimate Shield. It has been distributed to soldiers during the Desert Storm, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Chaplains have prayed it for their soldiers. Legend tells that Psalm 91 was said daily by soldiers during WWI. They entered into heavy combat – and were all spared! Regardless of whether we are soldiers or civilians, DAILY we all need His hand of protection.
Verse to memorize: Why is it difficult to memorize this passage? Age? Could be. The enemy does NOT want us to have His protection? Probably!
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust (Psalm 91:1-2, NIV)
- Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.
- He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge;his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart (Psalm 91:3-4, NIV)
- You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. (Psalm 91:5-6, NIV)
- A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
- You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. (Ps 91:7-8, NIV)
- If you make the Most High your dwelling – even the LORD, who is my refuge -then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. (Ps 91:9-10, NIV)
- For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; (Ps 91:11, NIV)
- They will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. (Ps 91:12, NIV)
Prayer:we blessed to be allowed to intercede for the needs. Some answers come within a few days, others may take weeks or months. Regardless of what we see with our natural eyes, HE is working. We need to continue to be faithful inintercession!
“Once again, Heavenly Father, You amaze us. You intervene in our lives on so many levels and in so many ways. Thank You for having chosen us to be Your children. Thank You for loving us! We worship You!! We prayer a hedge of protection around each of us: soldiers and civilians. Protect us spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically. Lead and guide us through these days – help us to choose to meditate on You and Your Word and not on that which we see with our eyes. We love You, our Holy Father. In Your name, we pray.”
Hallelujah: lots are great action THIS week!
- Marita: received permission to return to Israel!!! Truly an answer to a 3-year long prayer and the desire of her heart!
- Don: yesterday he only had to take pain meds two times! Thank you so much!
- Lynn (Paul’s wife): nodule on thyroid – not malignant!!
- Paul’s daughter: tumor on arm was not malignant!
- Chantell and boys are well!
- Bonnie: continues to sound amazing – best she’s sounded in months!!! Thank You, Lord!! Her oxygen level is good!!!
- Natan’s unit was successful; they detained #1 Talibanin all Afghanistan (who happened to be a Pakistani).
- Les’a: flexibility in increasing in foot and toe swelling is decreasing.
- Maxine is getting stronger every day. Hallelujah!!!
- Genevieve Rose (Deb’s granddaughter) and mother: both are doing well. She was born at 7#, 14oz.
Requests: (please email updates on these situations)… we blessed to be allowed to intercede for these! Some answers to prayer come within a few days, others may take weeks or months. Regardless of what we see with our natural eyes, HE is working. We need to continue to be faithful in our intercession!
Reminder: Don’t forget to email answers – even baby steps are answers!
- Pamela: shoulder surgery Monday.
- Rhonda: exact dosage of medication to be determined.
- John: extreme vomiting and weakness.
- Phyllis: pain to be gone, in Jesus’ name!
- Various individuals: healing from intense migraines.
- Don & others: total healing from shingles with no lingering effects.
- Natan: will find out by Wednesday if he will be granted R&R – please pray!
- Bob (husband of Les’a’s co-worker): cancer surgery results early this week.
- Diane (Jeannette’s friend): shingles on face and in eyes – very painful!!!
- Paul: upcoming total knee replacement surgery and pre-surgery complications.
- Les’a: swelling in foot to continue lessening and flexibility in toe to continue increasing.
- Hurting hearts & bodies would be healed.
- Maxine, Yvonne (& family): to be totally healed
- Jeannette: healing from eye surgery and continued complications.
- Carol (Maxine’s friend): lump in rib
- 2012: wisdom and self-control that we can all achieve financial freedom
- Jeanne (Bonnie’s friend): stage 4 ovarian cancer. salvation and healing with the understanding it was God Who healed her.
- Phyllis & Dawn: continued prayer for total healing of their knees.
- John: continued health and financial challenges.
- Jobs (Betty, Rhonda, Deb, and all those who not listed): those who need work. That God will give them fulfilling and rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother.
- Debbie and family (Maxine’s daughter and grandkids): prayer for their healing as they transition to life without Matt. Also, prayer for Frank and family during their transition without Judy. And for Karen and kids with their loss of Fred.
- Rudy (Les’a’s friend): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications.
- Financial needs.
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- God will protectour soldiers – that He will give them wisdom.
- Kyle (Yvonne’s son), Natan and family (Les’a and Don’s son and his family): Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God!
- Norman K: job interview– with possibility of working at home!
- Marita: where she is to live.
- Families (all of our families): to be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- Kyle: serving in Afghanistan. Pray that he will be protected, and fully yield his heart to the Lord.
- Grandson: pray that his mom and her boyfriend treat him with love.
- Marriages to be healed.
- Jon: That God intervenes and places him where he will be encouraged to make good decisions, impacting his family for good.
- God’s protection over Israel
- David: return to the God of his youth — that his family will be encouraged.
- Healing of family relationships.
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- God’s power, anointing, and favor on pastors.
- Sheri: migraines would permanently leave.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Debt-free in 2012!
- Pima County Sheriff's department.
- Those who need jobs will get jobs — God-chosen jobs.
- Deb: migraines and onslaught of the enemy.
- Need total & complete healing for hearts of my family that are wounded; forgiveness for offenses; & new found understanding & commitment to family, restoration & unity
- Need for increased income with wisdom & self-control, in order to pay off credit card/legal fees.
- Josiah D.: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- Favor & wisdomin the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Bob: special prayer for physical healing.
- God will heal our land
- Three sisters to meet godly men.
- Children will stop runningand will turn to God.
- Corbin (Jim’s acquaintance): God will open his eyes to accept Jesus as his Lord and that he will accept the word of God.
- God will supplythe needs of those in ministry.
- A’s daughter in law: her heart, drawn to her husband; that the Lord would place believers in her path.
- A’s relationship with his daughter: healing and mending of hearts.
- A’s Medicare situation to be straightened out – to his financial benefit. And for doctors to find the right solution to his health issues.
- T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God): the Lord would bring him the perfect helpmate – to share his life and to be a partner in ministry.