We can win the battle in our minds, part 1
We don’t have to meditate on every thought that pops into our minds
Have you ever noticed the haunting effects of negative comments? Hurtful remarks made years before continue to plague us. Why do these comments put us into such bondage and harass us? Why do they imprison us?
Because when we ponder these hateful remarks, they become amplified in our memories and transform us. Proverbs 23:7a, KJV, tells us “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” The more we ponder these thoughts, the more reality they have in our lives. Think back on a situation where someone said something that crushed or offended you. What happened as we allowed those hurtful words to be played again and again in our minds? We actually become the very thing the person said. We’ve all seen the devastating effects of careless words spoken to a young person. A parent, a school friend, or a teacher may say that the child is no good, worthless, or difficult. That child then becomes that very thing.
But, G-d says we are not what those words say we are. He did not create us to be a piece of junk. He fashioned us in His image! I challenge us each to meditate on the fact that we were created in the image of the Almighty G-d (Gen 1:27).
As we learn to control the thoughts in our minds, we will experience triumph over these distressing comments. We will gain victory over the battlefield of our minds. And we will be free to become all He created us to be!
The first step is to stop contemplating each and every negative thought that comes to mind. Joyce Meyer says, “As the mind goes, so goes the individual.” How true it is that our thoughts affect our emotions and, in turn, affect our actions and what comes out of our mouths.
Today is the day for us to begin renewing our minds. To change old habits and to break strongholds in our lives! His mercies are new every day. Every morning, G-d gives us a brand new day and a fresh start. And today we can determine to make changes in our thinking. And today we will begin to see G-d change and liberate us from the enemy’s harassments. Hallelujah!
“Hallelu-YAH, precious Father. Thank You for Your liberating power. For setting us each free from these tormenting thoughts and harassments by the enemy. We bless You for giving us a brand new day, each and every day. Help us to walk in it! Bless our country! Bring us Godly leaders; protect Israel with Your peace. Holy Father, we ask these things in the Name of our precious Messiah, Yeshua.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Prayer for ISIS to be stopped; protection of believers
- Kelly (Pamela’s friend): peace and vindication.
- 2-year old Grandson (Mary & Joe Benton): Dad has been assigned to David-Monthan!! Please pray little Joshua’s immune system so they will be able to travel to Tucson.
- Tere: healing and wisdom in direction
- April (Betty & Harold Olson’s daughter): diagnosed with cancer. Payer for healing and restoration.
- Prayer for those who are in financial or emotional difficulties.
- Pray for America.
- Donna: new job & healing
- Deb: victory
- Paul & Lynn Mann: total restoration.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
Read all He is doing through prayer!
- Despite cesarean complications, Ellie (Chantell’s daughter) and Chantell are each healthy!
- April (Betty & Harold’s daughter): scan came back showing no cancer in her brain!!
- Mary and Joe Benton’s son is being transferred to Davis-Monthan base in Tucson!
- Co-worker’s hubbie (Lori): released from ICU, after having grand mal seizures
- Families are being reunited!
- Grandson (Les’a and Don): spared and visited by an angel.
- Connie is getting stronger everyday … and able to come to Service last week.