Tools For Answered Prayer – by Marita Brokenshaw
Marita Brokenshaw (Marita is a powerful intercessor and has just returned from a 3-year stay in Jerusalem. Your contributions to CFS help to support this faithful one!)
Petitioning God for an Urgent Need.
Getting results from prayer depends upon how you approach God. When you make your appeal to Him, you are addressing the Supreme Court of heaven.
God is the Most High God.
There isn’t anyone higher than He. When you use His Word in His court, you win. When you know that, you are bold. It is not hit and miss. There is a way to pray in absolute confidence, so you have no questions nor doubts but that you have the answer. The Bible is a legal document, and God stands behind it.
You have an Advocate — Jesus.
He is the Lawyer who pleads your case. Whatever words you say to Him, Jesus will use to plead your case. When you use His Words to plead your case in His Father’s court, the outcome is sure. The case is fixed. (“My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One,” I John 2:1, NIV.)
You have the Holy Spirit, who is the Sheriff.
While a judge does the decreeing and passing judgment, there must be an enforcer. The Holy Spirit is the enforces and ensures God’s Word is carried out on earth. Angels, also, do their part as messengers.
I read a testimony from someone on Petitions and found an interesting key. This is what the individual said:
“I wanted to change my circumstances desperately. I asked the Lord, how did I get into this mess? And He spoke to me and said, “I’m going to show you a key today that will change the rest of your life.” And He took me to 1 John 5:14, NIV: “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.” Whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions we’ve asked of Him.
“I asked the Lord “What is a petition?” And the Lord spoke to me and said, “It’s a legal binding document between you and Me. It’s My Word that is on the line here. I’m going to show you how to take My Word and change your world.” And He did. And for the next four hours, I wrote my very first petition based on Romans 13:8, KJV: “Owe no man anything, but to love one another. For he who loves another has fulfilled the law.”
And the Lord said, “Here’s how you do this. You write this petition. You confess it out loud. You continue your tithing, your giving to your local church, and, then, you sow your seed to other ministries of people that I show you to.”
These three steps — tithing, giving, speaking God’s Word — have totally and radically changed my life.
|A Petition is a declaration of your rights, based on the Word of God. Take a piece of paper, make a legal document:I ask to be granted the following specific request:_____________________________________________________________________
Date: This is the ____________ day of___________________, 20___________
Approach God in the right order (as listed in 1Timothy 2:1-4, NIV: “I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made for all people for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.”).
- Bring your Petitions to Him by writing out your request, then look for Scriptures regarding your situation.
- Speak Scriptures out loud. The spoken Word has power; it will cause faith to rise in your heart. (There are many instances in Scripture of speaking — not “praying in our minds” or “thinking” but “speaking the Word”. God did not “think” the world into existence, He “spoke” it. Romans 10:9-10 says, “If you declare with your mouth [not “think “– but “speak”], “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Jesus said to Satan, “Go, Satan, for it is written…,” Matthew 4:10. Jesus quoted the Word out loud. How much more should we!)
Below are Scriptures to help you. Add others which are appropriate for your situation.
- Job 22:27-30 (your decision will be carried out)
- Psalm 37:3-6 (heart’s desire)
- Psalm 100 (thanksgiving)
- Psalm 107:16 (gates of bronze)
- Psalm 136 (his love is eternal)
- Luke 11:5-13 (persistence)
- Romans 8:31-39 (Christian victory)
- Philippians 4:13 (I can do all things)
- James 1:5-6 (ask in faith)
- 1 Tim 2:1-4 (instructions for prayer)
- 1 John 5:14-15 (petitioning God)
- Court God with Prayers & Intercession, which include worship songs, thanksgiving, and praise. Have love in your heart for Him and for others. Pray for those in authority: church leaders, your boss, government leaders, Israel, parents, etc., so that you can lead a peaceful life in all godliness and dignity.
- Thanksgiving…thank God in advance for your request, as if you have it already.
P.S. God will answer persistent and believing prayers. His Word is His will.
Put on the Armor of God
“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people, ” Ephesians 6:13-18, NIV.
Putting on the armor of God protects you from the fiery darts of the evil one. As negative thoughts come against you, your shield will quickly bounce off those darts.
Be aware that the spirit of fear or the spirit of intimidation will try to control your emotions. It will cause confusion and cancel everything. Keep your faith on target. What you believe in your heart is what manifests in your life: either you are controlled by faith or fear.
The flaming sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. Quote Scriptures out loud; it will come to pass in your life. Satan will have to flee.
Don’t forget that it is a battle, and you have to be persistent with your prayers until you get a breakthrough. God will cause you to have favor.
How great is our God!
CHALLENGE: Make a petition. Begin acting on the contract.
“Hallelu-YAH! You are our King – and in You all the promises are ‘yes’ and ‘amen’! Glory! We bless YOU. Teach us to pray effectively. Teach us to be Your arms, mouth, heart extended to Your people. Bring Israel, Jerusalem, our country to a knowledge of Who You are. Help us to turn to the G-d of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Bless and protect our soldiers, the persecuted church, those in captivity. In the holy Name of our soon-coming messiah, Yeshua.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church.
- Pray for America.
- Jim: recovery knee replacement surgery. Please pray flexibility will increase, pain will subside, and all other parts of his back, etc will operate pain-free..
- Shar: overcoming and sense of purpose
- Tere: healing and wisdom
- Sister-in-law (Les’a): to be able to live/function independently
- Carla: continued healing.
- Deb: victory over overwhelming circumstances. Encouragement!! God will provide; prayer for wisdom and favor with all those involved in the decision-making. Protection from false accusations and that truth, victory, and peace will reign. That Deb’s spirit will be lifted up: that she will have the words and clarity of mind to accomplish what needs to be done. That there will be a miraculously successful outcome of fairness and provision for her future.
- Connie: healing.
- Prayer for wisdom and favor as we encounter suffering people.