That Wee Small Voice
The last two weeks we have seen how important forgiveness is – it sets our spirits free. Forgiveness allows God to intervene – for Him to work not only in our lives but also in the person who provoked, irritated, crushed, or wounded us. (We all know how much more effectively God handles situations than do we.) But what happens when we hear that small voice? It comes in softly at first and reminds of the wrong, of the unjustice, done to us. What then?
2 Cor 10:5 exhorts us to "take every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ,” 2 Cor 10:5b.
Yes, satan and his evil cohorts constantly bring thoughts to our minds that are contrary to His Word – that we are justified in being angry. It is satan’s desire that we allow our minds to dwell on these injustices. He wants to cripple us emotionally. The stronger our stand in resisting these thoughts, the stronger his attack will be. So, you may wonder ‘why bother – who needs this added stress when I’m already hurting inside’.
Our Lord came to set us free. He is with us, closer than a brother. He is waiting for us to turn to Him, to rely on Him moment by moment so that we can totally forgive so He can totally heal us and set us free. During these trials we must daily, hourly, moment by moment, pray that He will enable us to release the anger we hold against the other person. We need to force our minds, our thoughts, to be on His forgiveness of us, and to pray forgiveness and blessings for the other person.
We can be confident that He who began a good work in us will continue it!!! (Phil 1:6). He is developing our spiritual muscles so that we may be conformed to His image, so we can not only be free ourselves but also so we can be used of Him to bring deliverance to others.
I encourage each of us to be on guard, to be constantly aware of our thoughts, impulses, and actions. We are in spiritual warfare. The enemy wants us to live in bitterness and unforgiveness. Remember: satan’s intent is to destroy us. Hallelujah, the Word promises that as we resist the devil he WILL flee (James 4:7b) and we will be set free.
“Thank You, sovereign Lord, You died on the cross to forgive us our sins. Help us to forgive others. To resist the devil and not to entertain those thoughts. We continue to resist all malice and hurt that the enemy tries to bring into our minds. We forgive those who have hurt our spirits. We ask that You bless them. Bless Israel with Your peace. Heal our land. Protect our soldiers. In Your most holy Name, we pray.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
1. PROTECTION FOR ISRAEL – God’s will bring His peace to J’lem and all of Israel.
2. REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
3. FAMILIES – FAMILIES – FAMILIES: God will bring families together. Spirit of division will cease.
4. Pray our children will get into good Bible-believing churches! (Of course Messianic is our first choice. But if that is not an option, we want them hearing the Word and be surrounded by other believers.)
5. Maxine: Pain will be gone; that she will be able to resume her normal activities. That God will heal her kidneys; that her physical therapy will be successful.
6. Joe: doctors to have wisdom. Total healing.
7. Allen (Maxine’s son): encouragement. Wisdom, Direction..
8. Phyllis Fernandez: gall stones – healing, direction
9. Murray: healing of back
10. Alex: wisdom & healing of liver.
11. Connie: hernia surgery on the 17th
12. Daughter (Debbie & Dennis): wisdom regarding high stress at work during pregnancy
13. Debbie & Dennis: move – packing will be smooth & decisions will be easy. God will show them where in Houston their next home will be.
14. Joanne (Dawn’s friend): hunger to know the Lord
15. Les’a’s co-worker: peace and a good report from the doctor.
16. Cynthia: I wanted to update on parents situation with the lawsuit. The lawyers have gotten nowhere in their fact gathering, in regards to finding a way to make my parents liable personally. Their goal is to cover for the cost of the medical expenses plus more for those who were hurt in the food bank accident. It became a personal thing because the church insurance was not a huge policy that will pay out the kind of money they hoped to get. So they haven't been able to get anywhere with it as a result of our prayers. The lawyers said they were going to try to appeal to the state Supreme Court, which is highly unlikely to get them results. They were not successful because my parents are not liable. A patron of the food bank hit the accelerator instead of their brakes, causing injuries to several people on the car's path. Some sued, others did not. The patron's insurance was not sufficient for the lawyers either. Our continued prayers are that this thing will be shut down completely and it's no longer something hanging over my parents. Those with injuries have recovered well. My family and I really appreciate all the prayers from the congregation on this and for those hurt. Together we all are a powerful prayer warrior team!
17. Paul: That Paul will be able to be outpatient – at home – by 7/4/2013!! Non-contagious mersa will leave Paul’s body. That he will not be transferred until he is strong enough to undergo all therapy. Lynn’s back pain and stress to subside.
18. Bev: Direction – wisdom
19. Ginger (Chantell’s great aunt): in ICU. Know the Lord.
20. Marita (Israel): total healing of foot and leg with no further complications.
21. Victory over allergies/pollen and lingering colds
22. Friend (Krinskys’ daughter’s friend): serious health concern.
23. Bev & Ruben: 10-year old Audrey will have no fear of cars; God will provide a car for Christine. That this accident will draw the family together and to Him.
24. Deb: victory!
25. Many are making huge changes in their lives: that God will intervene and enable us all to live moment by moment trusting and leaning on Him.
26. Bruce (Maxine’s brother in law): prostate and thyroid cancer. Healing and revelation of the Messiah. Surgery 2/27
27. Grandson (Phyllis): turn from criminal acts and turn to God.
28. Phyllis De Lacio: soon will be able to move into her own home.
29. Anna & Yair (daughter and fiancé of couple we help to support in Israel): Father and mother’s request: “please pray that the example and witness they have shown thus far in their lives will only grow and mature as they become the next generation serving the Lord in Israel.”
30. Dawn: wisdom, discernment, and direction
31. Sheri & Vince (Dawn’s kidz): God will open amazing doors; doors where their hearts are filled and when they can minister.
32. Yonah & Bobby (Les’a and Don): wisdom regarding ministry opportunity and His perfect timing – and be debt-free.
33. Judy & son (Les’a’s friend’s friend): he is charged with 1st degree murder – please pray for God’s righteousness to prevail on all levels.
34. Marriages; children; families. Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
35. Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
36. Heal finances: give us Your direction how to spend money, we pray that this year, You will enable us to be debt-free, including our housing! Heal the finances of our children.
37. Jobs (Lori, Betty, Art’s son: favor and wisdom. God will open the doors to jobs where they can prosper (emotionally, physically, and financially)
38. Marita (in Israel): healing. Anointing as she ministers in deed and prayer.
39. Power to overcome temptations.
40. Bonnie: healing, vitality – no more health issues
41. Isaiah (Phyllis’ grandson): emotional healing and physical protection from bullies. That You will give him a heart of compassion and a desire to serve You all of his days. That he will have favor & excitement when he goes to his new school after their move. Phyllis also requests prayer for the bullies.
42. Jordan (Les’a and Don’s friend son): Naval seaman just deployed. Safety and drawing to the Lord
43. Mark (Ann & Geo Stevens’ son): diagnosis for the bleeding episodes; healing from COPD and neuropathy. Approval to move into handicapped apartment. Hope!
44. Tracy: healing of migraine, numbness on left side of head
45. Leonard (Phyllis brother): kidney action to be resumed; doctors to determine problem.
46. David (Bev & Ruben): repentance, deliverance.
47. Brother (Bev): healing from massive heart attack and salvation
48. Nephew (Bev & Ruben): Believer diagnosed with leukemia.
49. Amy, Debbie, Charity (Debbie & Dennis): prayer for resolving emotional scars of past which are affecting extended family relationships.
50. Friend (Norman G): able to conceive a child
51. Ron (Debbie & Dennis): light stroke; no apparent damage; air lifted to UMC. Prayer for total restoration.
52. Friends and family (Deb): close relationship with the Messiah
53. Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2013!
54. Tere: 2-year legal proceeding regarding mother’s care to come to a close quickly. And with a positive outcome.
55. Prayer for our soldiers: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
56. Jordan (Les’a & Don): Navy Sailor for him & his family.
57. Kyle (Yvonne’s son): heart to the Lord – heaviness of depression to lift.
58. Debbie & Dennis (& us all!!): God will lead and guide our footsteps and use us to minister to others.
59. Cynthia: lawsuit against her parents and their food bank ministry. Pray suit will be dropped & healing will result.
Read allHe is doing this year through prayer!
· Paul: he continues to be stronger (until this latest bout with respiratory infection). stood up by himself 4 times + sit on edge of bed without support + total restoration and home by 7/4/2013!
· Lori: unspoken work-related issue: resolved the day we prayed! Thank YOU!!
· Les’a feels great! PTL this yuk only lasted 10 days instead of the 3 weeks it has for most – thank you for your prayers!
· Christine (Bev & Ruben’s daughter in law): her church gave her a van!
· Maksim (Norman’s military friend): returned from Afghanistan! Pray for him and his family as he transitions back into life in the US.
· Andre (Pamela & Norman’s friend): cactus in his eye. Cactus removed and no problems!.
· Maxine: surgery went perfectly and took less times than doctor had expected.
· Tracy: update on numbness on left side of head…it's from the dislocated clavicle. The bone is pressing on nerves and causing the numbness. Migraines aren't completely gone but let me tell you, Les'a, I haven't had an "episode" since December. Praise the LORD!!!!! I normally get a max of 2 migraines per month, so to have 3 months going on 4 not having any is truly a miracle! I have an "anterior sternoclavicular joint dislocation" from November when JJ banged his head against my chest, please pray that the LORD puts it back into its place.
· Chantell’s great aunt — healing
· Bev & Ruben: 10-year old Audrey and her other grandmother were in auto accident. Car flipped and was totaled. Hallelujah – no head injuries! Nothing was broken. A huge miracle!
· Paul is off all oxygen; he is back to where he was physically before this last bout with pneumonia. Daily he is improving – slowly, but he is making progress. Hallelujah, the back pain is gone. Please pray for total restoration and that there will be no recurrences of pneumonia.
· Emergency Preparedness for the Modern Christian Family – excellent mtg!
· Connie: passed test!
· Natan: promoted!
· Natan and family went to church again – 4 times!
· Joan: settled back home – doing well.
· Joan got another excellent report from the doctor.
· Joe: released from hospital and feeling better!
· Paul: small improvements – off oxygen. Breathing is fine – still too weak to cough. Back pain continues. Medicare will transfer him to a new facility next month. Lynn is getting lunch every day at Cornerstone! Doctors are encouraged and feel he is making good progress.
· Embryonic steps our children are making toward the Lord!! Hallelujah!
· Lori: positive report from doctor – prayer for a new job without lifting – that doesn’t strain her back..
· Joan (Les’a’s mother): excellent report from neurologist – no surgery. Another excellent report for another doctor: no further treatment is necessary.
· Baby Addy (Betty & Harold’s granddaughter): excellent report from cardiologist – no return visit for 9 months! Holes in heart are closing..
· Mark (Ann’s son): doctors have direction; he is feeling better!
· God is giving CFS a reputation for being a praying congregation – and people are looking forward to miracles wrought as a result of our prayers! Isn’t our King wonderful to use “us”!
· One of the believers whom we help to support: said she is focusing this year on intercession and CFS! WOW! That’s exciting!
· God showed us many, many baby steps of answers He’s bringing about in the lives of our loved ones! Hallelujah!
· Mom (Tracy’s): safely arrived in the US.
· Bonnie: becoming stronger. She is able to work full time. Let us continue praying for her total healing and God’s perfect timing for her to return to work.. (She survived a 7-hour heart attack! And with only minor heart damage! And, He has granted her heart’s desire: she will not have open heart surgery! Out of the hospital – her doc was amazed at how much better she looked than she had 3 weeks before!)
· Flu/Cold symptoms: healing and health for our loved ones.
· Joan (Les’a’s mom): great report from spinal doctor. Physical therapy is immediate direction, rather than surgery – a true answer to her prayers! She is getting stronger everyday – walked a mile in physical therapy Friday!
· Maxine: out of the hospital and doing well. feeling soo much better! Did not have any compressions fractures!
· Bev & Ruben: huge answers to prayer. Pray David follows thru with his direction.
· Phyllis & family arrived in Ohio. They had a good trip! Nevertheless, we miss her! Danielle was able to purchase a beautiful double-wide home. Phyllis is going to service Sat!!
· Connie: found a new home!
· Granddaughter (Betty & Harold): born healthy!
· Rudy (Les’a’s friend’s son): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications – improvement and is able to have work. His mother is grateful for the prayers and is amazed at his healing.
· Rhonda & Norm: the Lord brought order out of chaos!
· Paul: even little setbacks, God uses! Paul is back at HealthSouth!
· Nephew (Les’a): serious auto accident with car’s being totaled. His outlook is great!
· Maxine: trip was fantastic!
· Krinskys: home has sold and they are getting ready to move.
· Interviews (Dawn’s ‘grandson’ and Debbie’s daughter): God to open doors to jobs
· David (Bev & Ruben): he is fulfilling court obligations. Pray for total deliverance and repentance.
· Danielle (Phyllis): excellent report – no cancer!
· Somewhat estranged son (John): initiated a visit!! Visit was good!
· Phyllis: feeling better!
· Lord is orchestrating timing!
· Becca (Tracy’s friend): surgery successful and, after a month in physical therapy, is able to go home! Prayer for salvation.
· Tere: trip was amazing!
· Danielle (Phyllis’ daughter): surgery successful – no malignancy. Doing amazingly!!!
· Jim’s nephew: able to return to work in record time!! (accident and all facial bones, except jaw, were broken.)
· Steve (Pamela’s friend): successful surgery & desire to be discipled.
· PJ: truth verified regarding his physical situation.
· Yom Kippur fast: several commented this was their first fast & it was very special.
· Janet: during Yom Kippur fast received word that her art was accepted in a festival!
· Maxine & Joe: trip was refreshing.
· Leonard (Phyllis’ brother) is out of the hospital!
· Jim: trip was fruitful.
· Pamela: strained back: able to work.
· John (Phyllis): going to AA everyday and is determined to make good decisions. He and his wife are speaking!! Hallelujah!!
· Harold: a fantastic word about his new job!!! TYJ!
· Maxine’s baptism: amazing and refreshing for all – especially her!
· Debbie’s and Dennis’ trips to see families: very good.
· Deb: trip to ABQ to see father, was very specialtime & experiences during visit, & seeds of love, devotion, & hope were planted.
· Daughter (Tere): successful out-patient surgery to remove fatty tissue cyst on leg.
· Joe: procedure: revealed no problems! Prayers they determine what is causing him the pain.
· Ramon (Krinskys): PSA count went from 4.0 to 0.0!! Doctor was extremely pleased and said he didn’t need to see him for 6 months.
· Bob (Maxine & Joe’s friend): excellent report from Mayo Clinic– cancer is in remission!!!
· Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): appears to continue doing better. Prayers that she continues with treatment.
· Betty& Harold: new jobs!
· Les’a & Don: God healed our water softener – repairman asked his Bible study to agree with himJ
· Family members are opening to the Word and prayer!
· Matthew (Frank): decided to stay in rehab!! Pray for total deliverance.
· Frank’s trip: good report
· Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
· Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
· Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
· Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
· Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
· Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
· Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
· Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
· Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
· Norman G: finished back taxes!
· Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
· Maxine: pain-free
· Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
· Marita: “Prayer Tools on your website is very popular.” It is being read in Israel, South Africa & France and is being translated into Spanish!!! May His Word continue to go forth! http://www.faithfulstewardship.org/prayandact/articles/62-tools-for-answered-prayers
· Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian turns to God for comfort during his grieving.
· Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
· Operation Jericho answers are coming!
· Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
· Natan returned from 3rd deployment.
· Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
· Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
· God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
· Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
· Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
· Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
· Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments– & full schedules!
· Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
· Bonnie: family visit was excellent
· Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
· Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
· Lynn Mann: healing from foot surgery.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Marita (in Israel): prayer for total healing from kidney stones. She does much for the Kingdom!
- Jeff & Paul (Paul & Lynn Mann): healing from knee surgeries.
- Krys (Les’a’s co-worker’s husband): serious problems caused by Parkinson's.
- Susie (Bonnie): from previous cervical fusion, one of the screws started migrating and was pushing at her esophagus threatening a puncture. Prayer for recovery from surgery and acceptance of Jesus.
- Bud (Tracy’s father): continued healing; insurance issues resolved.
- Bonnie: healing with oxygen levels.
- Christopher & Liz (Maxine): she has ovarian cancer, resulting in financial problems. Pray for encouragement.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listedGod will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS BRING GREAT RESULTS:read a summation of what our LORDdid last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.
On the website are specific answers from year 1 of Call To Prayer: http://www.faithfulstewardship.org/services/announcements/67-answers-to-pray