Week 17, year 2! (Sunday-Shabbat)
“The Lord said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites: ‘On the fifteenth day of the seventh month the Lord’s Feast of Tabernacles begins, and it lasts for seven days. The first day is a sacred assembly; do no regular work,” Lev 23:33-35, NIV.
The Feast of Tabernacles/Booths: Sukkot
God designed each festival to be unique. Rosh haShanah, a joyous celebration. The Days of Awe and Yom Kippur, a quiet and pensive time. And, now we have the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot), a remembrance of the Hebrew children’s 40 years in the desert. It is a feast we are to celebrate Forever! He tells us to:
“Celebrate this as a festival to the LORD for seven days each year. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come … Live in booths for seven days,” Lev. 23:41-42, NIV.
Are only Jews to celebrate Sukkot? Let’s see what G-d says:
“Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORDAlmighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORDAlmighty, they will have no rain. If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The LORDwill bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles,” Zech 14:16-19, NIV.
Note: Two times in three verses He states the penalty for not celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot). ….I’m thinking we should each heed His admonition!
Exercise: Traditional greeting for Sukkot: חָג שָׂמֵחַ Chag Sameach! (Literally, [Have a]joyous festival)
“King of Kings! You continue to bless us. Thank You for Your presence in the Feasts! We rejoice in Your holy days! Lord, we love YOU! Thank You for touching each of the requests below. Healing and deliverance for each of the hurting whether spiritually, emotionally, physically, or financially. Bless our soldiers. Bring Your peace to J’lem. And we pray for revival in our country. In Your holy Name we pray. ”
Read what He is doing this year through prayer!
1. Yom Kippur fast: several commented this was their first fast & it was very special.
2. Janet: during Yom Kippur fast received word that her art was accepted in a festival!
3. Maxine & Joe: trip was refreshing.
4. Leonard (Phyllis’ brother) is out of the hospital!
5. Jim: trip was fruitful.
6. Pamela: strained back: able to work.
7. John (Phyllis): going to AA everyday and is determined to make good decisions. He and his wife are speaking!! Hallelujah!!
8. Harold: a fantastic word about his new job!!! TYJ!
9. Maxine’s baptism: amazing and refreshing for all – especially her!
10. Rudy (Les’a’s friend’s son): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications – improvement and is able to have part-time job. Please continue to pray for total restoration.
11. Debbie’s and Dennis’ trips to see families: very good.
12. Deb: trip to ABQ to see father, was very special. We enjoyed our time & experiences during my visit, & seeds of love, devotion, & hope, were planted.
13. Daughter (Tere): successful out-patient surgery to remove fatty tissue cyst on leg.
14. Joe: procedure: revealed no problems! Prayers they determine what is causing him the pain.
15. Ramon (Krinskys): PSA count went from 4.0 to 0.0!! Doctor was extremely pleased and said he didn’t need to see him for 6 months.
16. Bob (Maxine & Joe’s friend): excellent report from Mayo Clinic
17. Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): appears to continue doing better. Prayers that she continues with treatment.
18. Betty& Harold: new jobs!
19. Les’a & Don: God healed our water softener – repairman asked his Bible study to agree with himJ
20. Family members are opening to the Word and prayer!
21. Matthew (Frank): decided to stay in rehab!! Pray for total deliverance.
22. Frank’s trip: good report
23. Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
24. Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
25. Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
26. Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
27. Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
28. Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
29. Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
30. Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
31. Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
32. Norman G: finished back taxes!
33. Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
34. Maxine: pain-free
35. Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
36. Marita: “Prayer Tools on your website is very popular.” It is being read in Israel, South Africa & France and is being translated into Spanish!!! May His Word continue to go forth!
37. Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian turns to God for comfort during his grieving.
38. Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
39. Operation Jericho answers are coming!
40. Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
41. Natan came home 3 weeks ago! Thank you for your prayers for his safety and continued prayers for his re-entry into family life.
42. Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
43. Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
44. God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
45. Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
46. Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
47. Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
48. Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments– & full schedules!
49. Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
50. Bonnie: family visit was excellent
51. Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
52. Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
53. Lynn Mann: total healing from foot surgery.
Listen to what our LORD did last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.
Prayer: Are we willing to continue your commitment to praying 15 minutes a day for a year? Reminder: Don’t forget even baby steps are answers!
· Chantell: grandmother is very ill: prayer for peace, wisdom, traveling mercies
· New jobs for the many who need one.
· Jim’s nephew: accident and all facial bones, except jaw, were broken. He is being transferred to UCLA hospital. As he is a professional chef, his family requests prayer that his sense of sight and taste will return.
· Krinskys: house sale and move to be without a hitch.
· Families of slain Ambassador Chris Stevens and other Americans assassinated in Libya
· Favor, peace, and wisdom in the work place.
· Dawn’s daughter and grandson: accident. Both cars totaled; hallelujah: they were not hurt but badly shaken.
· Chantell: new job
· PJ: truth will be obvious. God will give PJ great wisdom and much favor.
· Les’a: wisdom and direction
· Bev & Ruben: God will restoreall that was stolen from their home. That David will turn away from his destructive ways and to the God of his parents. God’s peace will reign!
· Joanne (Dawn): 84 yrs and not well. Please pray for her salvation
· Laura (Norman G): unspoken; prayer for Steven as he begins life since his wife’s death
· Maxine, Bonnie, Jim, Joe, and all others: healing and vitality.
· Brother (Doc): healing spiritually and physically.
· Ron (Debbie & Dennis): light stroke; no apparent damage; air lifted to UMC. Prayer for total restoration.
· PJ & Tracy: house and finances.
· Danielle (Phyllis): pray for deliverance, healing, stability for boys
· Son (Les’a’s co-worker’s son): healing and motivation
· Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): will continue in therapy.
· Becca (Tracy’s friend): continued healing from surgery. Know the Lord as Savior.
· Krinskys: sale of home and moving mercies
· Natan and Chantell: finances and transition into ‘normal God-centered life’
· Natan: PTSD – transition home and all will quickly “be on the same page”
· Son (John): divorce and custody, know the God of his father
· John: correct medicine will be prescribed and there will be no side effects
· Families: please pray that God will intervene and bring His peace and righteousness to these families.
· Uncle (Deb): cancer
· Father (Deb): seek medical needed medical assistance to be able to regain mobility
· Friends and family (Deb): close relationship with the Messiah
· Rhonda: stress & car issues.
· Unspoken: spiritual battles. Pray that His love & truth will prevail.
· Jobs: favor and wisdom
· Pamela: job direction
· Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2012!
· Lori: God’s intervention and total resolution.
· Bonnie: work comes early in the week – with no technical difficulties.
· Prayers for our country and revival.
· Nathan (Jeannette’s son in law): encouragement and support as he works with patients.
· Prayers for victims and their families in the heinous movie theater shootingin Aurora, CO.
· Prayer for victims and their families of the heinous acts of terror against Israeli tourists in Bulgaria.
· Tere: 2-year legal proceeding regarding mother’s care to come to a close quickly. And with a positive outcome.
· Phyllis & Maxine: pain-free, energy, and vitality.
· Tsilla (Debbie): depression
· Prayer for our soldiers: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
· Jordan (Les’a & Don): Navy Boot Camp – prayer for him & his family.
· Kyle (Yvonne’s son): heart to the Lord – heaviness of depression to lift.
· Debbie & Dennis (& us all!!): God will lead and guide our footsteps and use us to minister to others.
· Another family reunion: joyous time of togetherness
· Group in Yellowstone: prayer to break strongholds over the area.
· Cynthia: lawsuit against her parents and their food bank ministry. Pray suit will be dropped & healing will result.
· Isabel Mercedes Celis (6-year old Tucson girl who was abducted April 21): pray for safety and return to her family.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Marita (in Israel): prayer for total healing from kidney stones. She does much for the Kingdom!
- Jeff & Paul (Paul & Lynn Mann): healing from knee surgeries.
- Krys (Les’a’s co-worker’s husband): serious problems caused by Parkinson's.
- Susie (Bonnie): from previous cervical fusion, one of the screws started migrating and was pushing at her esophagus threatening a puncture. Prayer for recovery from surgery and acceptance of Jesus.
- Bud (Tracy’s father): continued healing; insurance issues resolved.
- Bonnie: healing with oxygen levels.
- Christopher & Liz (Maxine): she has ovarian cancer, resulting in financial problems. Pray for encouragement.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
- Jeanne (Bonnie’s friend): stage 4 ovarian cancer. Salvation and healing with the understanding it was God Who healed her.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listedGod will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS BRING GREAT RESULTS: