Something to be prized … life!
This week I saw a woman who body was riddled with cancer. She appeared to be at least 20 years older than her 49 years. Her diagnosis: less than 6 months to live. In spite of the prognosis, she determined not to let that horrific news ruin her remaining days. The day we met her, she got married to her high school sweetheart and came in to look for winter boots, even though our winter here in Arizona is over. She said to my friend, “You may wonder why I am looking at boots when I only have less than 6 months to live… it’s because every day is a gift – something to be prized and valued….” Though she was frail, she was radiant.
Then, there was the story on WTNH News8 about the first grader in Union, Missouri, who shaved his head because his best friend lost his hair from chemotherapy. He told the reporter, “I want Zach to know he’s not the only one without hair.” Zach’s teacher said that Zach rarely missed school even throughout his chemo treatments because he wants to play with his best friend.
What do these individuals have in common? They don’t sit around feeling sorry for themselves. They appreciate life! And we, as Believers, know that G-d has given us life and life abundantly.
On a very different, but the same, vein, I came across a great sign. (In fact, my manager liked it so much that she hung it up so as to remind all co-workers not to be negative, but to be appreciative of the many good things we’ve each been given.)
As Believers, let us not get stuck in our problems. Instead of projecting the heaviness of our situations, let us remember the words Yeshua promised: “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” John 10:10 NASB.
Are we sitting on a cactus and glorifying the “thief”? Or are we sitting in the glory of our L-rd?
“We are constantly reminded of Your goodness – of the wonderful gift of life that You have given us. Thank You!! Help us to remember your supremacy and to reflect Your love and supremacy in all we do. Thank You for the many good things You’ve done this week – You’ve brought loved ones through surgeries; You’ve answered prayer. How we love You!! Be with our country – turn our people to You and away from our own agendas. Bring Your divine peace to Jerusalem. We bless You, O mighty G-d! In Your Son’s holy name, we pray.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church.
- Pray for the emotional turmoil of many around us.
- Deb: victory over huge circumstances. God will provide; prayer for wisdom and favor. That truth, victory, and peace will reign.
- Connie & Granddaughter (Rhonda & Norm): healing!
- Pregnant daughter (Debbie in Houston): prayer that complications will absolve and that baby and mother will be healthy. Peace & wisdom – for God’s spirit to reign. Peace for all concerned.
- Marita (Israel): health and renewed vitality. Revitalization.
- Prayer for the woman and the young boy in the Call To Prayer who each have cancer.
- Granddaughter (Dawn): favor for a new job and a positive outcome regarding child.
- Prayer for wisdom and favor as we encounter suffering people.
- Marriages: peace, harmony, serve G-d
- Cynthia (who’s relocated near family in Louisiana): favor for a job, healing for her sister, godly relationships
- Jobs: Pamela, Norman G., PJ, Natan and his new military assignment.
- REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
- REVIVAL in Arizona
- FRIENDS: many of our friends are hurting physically and emotionally.
- FAMILIES & MARRIAGES: strong, healthy and Christ-centered; spiritual, mental, and emotional healing. God will bring families together. Spirit of division will cease. Family relationships healed! Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
- PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
- Protection of believers all over the world.
- Encouragement for the heavy-hearted
- Paul: total restoration including walking.
- Dan & Sara (Art’s son and daughter in law): come together spiritually and emotionally – wisdom and favor for Art.
- Bevin (Les’a’s friend’s husband): physical and emotional healing.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
- John: health and vibrancy