‘The road to hell is paved with a thousand good intentions’
One of my personal biggest challenges is fitting everything I want or need to do into one day. It seems there is never enough time to accomplish all I want. What can I do?
As always, the Bible has the perfect solution. Below are 3 instructions that when applied help us fulfill our responsibilities.
- “[Put first things first.] Prepare your work outside and get it ready for yourself in the field; and afterward build your house and establish a home,” Prov 24:27, Amplified Bible.
- “But all things should be done decently and in order,” 1Cor 14:40, English Standard Bible.
- “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Lk 12:34, NIV.
Stephen Covey, author of The Seven Habits of Highly Successful People, stated that when filling a container with rocks, you should first put in the large rocks, Then the small ones will fill in the spaces around the large ones. In other words, do first things first. To truly fulfill the responsibilities at hand, we must do all things correctly and in order (1Cor 14:40). And, finally, the barometer of how well we’re doing is our checkbook, our calendar, or the checklist of our daily accomplishments. Our treasure can mean how we spend our money, how or with what we fill our calendar and/or our daily activities. As we look back over our checkbook, our calendar, our daily activities, do we see that we are running here and there? Or are we really staying focused on and fulling our true priorities?
Benefits of maintaining our priorities:
- We experience less stress.
- We accomplish that which is a priority.
- We develop, in His strength, our character by fulling our comittments.
As we plan this final week of the year, let us determine our priorities and put every effort into fulfilling them. Remembering to always keep our L-rd first place.
“Mighty G-d. Help us each to fulfill our obligations and responsibilities – the priorities we have. Help our hearts to remain stayed on You. Bless our men and women in uniform. Give them great wisdom – and protection. Bring Your peace to Your holy city, Bless our country with a desire to serve You. In the Name of our soon-coming Messiah, Yeshua.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Prayer for ISIS to be stopped; protection of believers
- April (Betty & Harold Olson’s daughter): diagnosed with cancer. Payer for healing and restoration.
- Donna: in hospital. Prayer for diagnosis and the L-rd’s healing touch.
- Prayer for those who are in financial or emotional difficulties.
- Pray for America.
- 2-year old Grandson (Mary & Joe Benton): Dad has been assigned to David-Monthan!! Please pray little Joshua is well enough to travel to Tucson.
- Tere: healing and wisdom in direction
- Donna: new job
- Deb: victory
- Paul & Lynn Mann: total restoration.
- Shar: overcoming and sense of purpose
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
Read all He is doing through prayer!
- Mary and Joe Benton’s son is being transferred to Davis-Monthan base in Tucson!
- Families are being reunited!
- Grandson (Les’a and Don): spared and visited by an angel.
- Connie is getting stronger everyday … and able to come to Service last week.