2015 is gone!!!
We have 365 brand new days in a fresh new year
How was your 2015? Some people had an amazing year, and others’ year was filled with heaviness and trials. But, you know, it doesn’t matter what happened last year – it is gone! Hallelujah!
He has given us 365 brand new days. We have a clean slate in a brand new physical year. How are we going to fill these coming days?
Did you not live up to your expectations last year, ok. Did you blow it, ok. But life doesn’t stop there. One of my most favorite verses is that His mercies are new every morning.
Let’s look at the complete verse, “The steadfast love of the L-rd never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness,” Lamentations 3:22-23, ESV. The L-rd is reminding us that no matter what happens to us yesterday, or last year, that His mercies are new each and every morning. Isn’t it wonderful that He is given us a fresh slate! We get to begin afresh. All we have to do is walk in His forgiveness of ourselves and others and in His precepts today. If we blow it again today, we need to confess, get up, and begin walking again in His ways. Isn’t it magnificent that He enables us to go forth in the newness of His love.
I read about a marvelous idea of how to keep focusing on His interventions in our lives. Someone suggest putting a jar or bowl in the center of your table. Each time something happens – an answer to prayer, or something special He has done, jot down the date and what happened. At the end of the year (or should you have a moment of discouragement), pull out the little pieces of paper and read them. They will bless and encourage you.
Countless times in the Tenakh, G-d mentions memorials regarding His interventions in individual’s lives (Exodus 12:14, 13:9, 17:14; Leviticus 2:2, 9, 16; 5:12, 6:15, 23:24, 24:7; Numbers 5:26, 31:54, Joshua 4:1, 7; Psalm 38:1, 70:1; Isaiah 57:8, 66:3; Hosea 12:5; Acts 10:4). These bowls are a simplified example of His memorials.
“When the Lord said to Moses, “Write this as a memorial in a book and recite it in the ears of Joshua …” (Ex 17:14). Let His interventions be a constant reminder to you of the L-rd’s faithfulness, regardless of our failings.
“Thank You, mighty G-d, for Your constantly showing us Your love. For letting every morning start fresh! For giving us fresh beginnings; help us to remember Your miraculous interventions in our lives. We love You! Bless our families and all those who are struggling physically, financially, relationally, or spiritually. Turn the hearts of our country to You. Bless Israel with Your peace. In the holy Name of our Messiah, Yeshua, we pray.””
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Prayer for ISIS to be stopped; protection of believers
- Kelly (Pamela’s friend): peace and vindication.
- 2-year old Grandson (Mary & Joe Benton): Dad has been assigned to David-Monthan!! Please pray little Joshua is well enough to travel to Tucson.
- Tere: healing and wisdom in direction
- April (Betty & Harold Olson’s daughter): diagnosed with cancer. Payer for healing and restoration.
- Prayer for those who are in financial or emotional difficulties.
- Pray for America.
- Donna: new job
- Shar (Lori’s friend): job in Tucson, and sense of purpose
- Chantell (Les’a and Don’s daughter in law): birth of child Monday
- Deb: victory
- Paul & Lynn Mann: total restoration.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
Read all He is doing through prayer!
- Mary and Joe Benton’s son is being transferred to Davis-Monthan base in Tucson!
- Co-worker’s hubbie (Lori): released from ICU, after having grand mal seizures
- Families are being reunited!
- Grandson (Les’a and Don): spared and visited by an angel.
- Connie is getting stronger everyday … and able to come to Service last week.