Now is the time to pray!
“Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.” (Ephesians 6:18, NLT)
Aren’t we thankful for that our omniscient, all-knowing, L-rd quickens our hearts. He prepares us for assignments ahead. He entreats us to partner with Him as His intercessors.
As I look back over the past several years, I see how He has lead us through times of spiritual boot camp, when He was honing our intercessory skills. The spiritual battle in which we’ve been involved has been dotted with periods of seeming quiet and times of increased intensity.
It’s easy to wonder if these heavy times are directed toward us personally or toward our loved ones. We know that satan is a thief and a liar (Jn 8:44). He is here to destroy us and G-d’s Word in us. Yes, these attacks are directed toward all followers of our Messiah. As we look and listen, we understand that we’re not alone in these spiritual assaults because intercessors all over the world are praying the same types of prayers – satan is on a mission to destroy the saints.
Shortly before Purim this year, we again felt that wave of spiritual confrontation. The adversary attacks at our weakest point. The L-rd encourages us to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves (Mt 10:16); we are to foresee danger and take action (Pro 27:12). Because in Him is all victory!! Furthermore, our L-rd encourages us not to allow the evil one’s attacks to overwhelm us. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Phil 4:6-7)
Passover begins in 3 weeks: let us seek G-d for His deliverance from the evil one: for Israel, for the persecuted church, for our nation, for our loved ones, and for ourselves.
What shall we do? PRAY! SEEK G-d. FAST. “And he said to them, “This kind can come forth by nothing but by prayer and fasting.” (Mark 9:29, KJV).
“Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” (Jas 1:12, NIV)
“Mighty G-d, Ancient of Days, Ruler of the universe. Thank You that You never leave nor forsake us. You constantly lead and guide us. Help us to be not faint-hearted, help us to persevere to see Your breakthroughs. Bring Israel Your peace – we pray for Your man to be elected in Israel. Protect and encourage the persecuted church. Turn the hearts of Americans to You. In the most holy Name of our Messiah, we pray. ”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church.
- Pray for the emotional turmoil of many around us.
- Sister-in-law (Les’a): healing of her kidneys and lungs – she’s a strong believer who has many complications from diabetes
- Unspoken: favor, truth, and righteous resolution.
- Deb: victory over overwhelming circumstances. Encouragement!! God will provide; prayer for wisdom and favor with all those involved in the decision-making. Protection from false accusations and that truth, victory, and peace will reign. That Deb’s spirit will be lifted up: that she will have the words and clarity of mind to accomplish what needs to be done. That there will be a miraculously successful outcome of fairness and provision for her future.
- Carla: continued healing.
- Daughter (Debbie in Houston): prayer for complications surrounding her newborn. One-week old Caleb will grow to be a healthy, whole baby.
- Sandie (Norm K’s cousin): healing, peace, and direction.
- Connie & Dorey (Rhonda & Norm): healing & restoration!
- Friend (Norman G): healing and salvation.
- Prayer for family whose young son died Wednesday.
- Marita (Israel): health and renewed vitality. Revitalization.
- Prayer for wisdom and favor as we encounter suffering people.
- Marriages: peace, harmony, serve G-d
- Cynthia (who’s relocated near family in Louisiana): favor for a job, healing for her sister, godly relationships
- Jobs: Pamela, Norman G., PJ, Natan and his new military assignment.
- REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
- REVIVAL in Arizona
- FRIENDS: many of our friends are hurting physically and emotionally.
- FAMILIES & MARRIAGES: strong, healthy and Christ-centered; spiritual, mental, and emotional healing. God will bring families together. Spirit of division will cease. Family relationships healed! Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
- PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
- Protection of believers all over the world.
- Encouragement for the heavy-hearted
- Paul: total restoration including walking.
- Bevin (Les’a’s friend’s husband): physical and emotional healing.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
- John: health and vibrancy
Read all He is doing through prayer!
- Maggie (Les’a’s sister in law): came home from hospital.
- Deb got a job!!!
- Joe & Mary Benton arrived safely in Tucson from Mexico, where they are Wycliffe Translators.
- Dawn: family is turning to HaShem!
- Connie: good report from doctor – please pray for total healing!
- Alex’s aunt did not need chemo!
- Both Connie & Dorey are home from the hospital!!! They are each recuperating well.
- Connie’s surgery was successful and she was able to go home at least 2 weeks earlier than expected! We pray for her continual and total healing.
- Dorey’s surgery was also successful.
- Eric arrived safely in AZ.
- Joan and Natan had a great trip back to NM.
- Connie came home from rehab!