Does G-d Answer Prayer?
Have you ever wondered, “Will G-d answer “MY” prayers?” or thought “He’ll answer everyone else’s prayers but mine.” Sometimes life tries to make us feel we are insignificant or unworthy for the Master of the Universe to answer OUR prayers. But, Hallelu-Yah, His Word tells us time and again that He is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34, Rom 2:11, etc.).
A couple of interesting incidents come to mind when I think about G-d’s answering the prayers of everyday people.
The first one is about a young sailor on a submarine mission during WWII. The submarine malfunctioned, and the engines would not start. It could not resurface, and oxygen was running dangerously low. The captain called all sailors together and explained the situation. He asked if anyone knew how to prayer. No one said anything. A lone voice in the boiler room said that he didn’t know how to prayer, but that his grannie did. The captain was puzzled, how would that help as she was thousands of miles away in farm country in the USA. The boy explained they could pray and ask G-d to ask his grannie to pray for them. They did. A few minutes later, the engines “suddenly” started and the sub surfaced. All survived! When the sailor returned home, he discovered that the L-RD had indeed awakened his grannie from a sound sleep and prompted her to pray for her grandson. G-d answered the prayers of sailors who did not know how to pray and the grandmother was prompted to pray for their safety.
Another example happened last week in our congregation. About 20 minutes before the start of service, I felt a heaviness, a prompting to pray. During service’s time of prayer, I encouraged everyone to pray. We prayed for my sister-in-law and others. A few days later, I learned that at that moment of our prayer, my sister-in-law had been experiencing extreme spiritual darkness as she was getting ready for kidney dialysis. Our prayers were unbeknownst to her. Shortly after our praying, she rejoiced in the peace the L-RD had given her. Yes, G-d answered the prayers of our congregation, and I’m sure others were prompted to pray for her as well.
And a 3rd example, last week was the Israeli election for Prime Minister. All the polls and pundits announced that Benjamin Netanyahu would not win; at best, he would tie. Because Believers all over the world felt Benjamin Netanyahu would be strongest at not giving up Israel’s land inheritance from G-d, they prayed and interceded for the election and that G-d’s man would win. Much to the surprise of political strategists, prognosticators, and pundits, etc., Netanyahu didn’t just win, he won by a landslide.
These hours are critical, we must pray and intercede for people, for situations, etc. When G-d prompts us, we must react with constant intercession.
“Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things…” (Jer 33:3)
“Precious Father, we are humbled at Your using “us”! You, Who are above all else, choose to use us, were are mere men. Thank You for this incredible opportunity. Help us to walk worthy of Your calling. We worship You! Bring Your peace to Israel – silence the naysayers. Confound the plans of the evil one. Turn the hearts of Israelis and Americans to You. Heal those who are struggling emotionally and physically. Order our footsteps. We love You, our soon-coming Messiah! And in Your holy Name, we pray.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church.
- Pray for the emotional turmoil of many around us.
- Sister-in-law (Les’a): healing of her kidneys and lungs – she’s a strong believer who has many complications from diabetes
- Unspoken: favor, truth, and righteous resolution.
- Deb: victory over overwhelming circumstances. Encouragement!! God will provide; prayer for wisdom and favor with all those involved in the decision-making. Protection from false accusations and that truth, victory, and peace will reign. That Deb’s spirit will be lifted up: that she will have the words and clarity of mind to accomplish what needs to be done. That there will be a miraculously successful outcome of fairness and provision for her future.
- Carla: continued healing.
- Grandson (Debbie in Houston): prayer for total health and healing.
- Sandie (Norm K’s cousin): healing, peace, and direction.
- Connie & Dorey (Rhonda & Norm): healing & restoration!
- Friend (Norman G): healing and salvation.
- Prayer for family whose young son died Wednesday.
- Marita (Israel): health and renewed vitality. Revitalization.
- Prayer for wisdom and favor as we encounter suffering people.
- Marriages: peace, harmony, serve G-d
- Cynthia (who’s relocated near family in Louisiana): favor for a job, healing for her sister, godly relationships
- Jobs: Pamela, Norman G., PJ, Natan and his new military assignment.
- REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
- REVIVAL in Arizona
- FRIENDS: many of our friends are hurting physically and emotionally.
- FAMILIES & MARRIAGES: strong, healthy and Christ-centered; spiritual, mental, and emotional healing. God will bring families together. Spirit of division will cease. Family relationships healed! Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
- PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
- Protection of believers all over the world.
- Encouragement for the heavy-hearted
- Paul: total restoration including walking.
- Bevin (Les’a’s friend’s husband): physical and emotional healing.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
- John: health and vibrancy