What is a mother? She is one who either birthed us physically or helps us mature spiritually. She is a mentor. She is someone with whom we can share our deepest concerns. She is someone who will not give us merely “feel good” answers but one who will tell us what His Word says. She encourages us to stay the course.
The first commandment with a promise is to “Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you,” Deut 5:16 NIV.
What does your mother mean to you? Have we given full respect to our mothers in the faith and to our earthly mothers? Do we need to reach out and show appreciation or to make amends?
Scripture doesn’t say for us to honor only those mothers who deserve it; the Torah doesn’t qualify what type of mother we are to honor. It simply states that we all are to honor our mothers. Indeed it is true that none of us has been a perfect mother. We would all do some things differently if given the opportunity. (Praise God for His forgiveness, because each of us did the best we could do with what we knew at the time. “Lord, we ask that You help each of us to forgive those who offended us. We also pray that those whom we’ve hurt will forgive us as well.”)
Fringe benefit of following His commands: we will live long and it will be well with us! (and, oops! there is a strong consequence of not following: “And Jesus replied, ‘And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death,’” Matt 15:3-4, NIV.)
And for each of our grandchildren we claim that they will walk in the fullness of God’s Word. We are reminded of the sincere faith that has dwelt in you, their grandmother … “and now, I am sure, dwells in you [our grandchildren] as well,” 2Tim 1:5, ESV. Yes, together, we stand believing that the faith He has borne in each of us will also dwell in our grandchildren!
“Thank You, precious Father, for having given each of us mothers! You’ve given each of us role models – those women who have helped and who help chart our courses. Thank YOU!!! Bless these women, or the memory thereof. Thank You for Your healing touch on our loved ones. We worship You!!! Bring wisdom to our leaders and to Israel’s. Bring Your peace to Israel and to our nation. In the Name of our Messiah, Yeshua.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel! Pres. Trump will move the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem during his meeting this week.
- Protection of the persecuted church.
- Pray for America.
- Maggie (Les’a’s sister-in-law): kidney transplant continued healing
- Lenore & Friend (Lori): healing
- Donna’s friend
- Dawn: healing – total repair & traveling blessings
- USA: Wisdom for our leadership and their health, their direction. Prayer for their safety.
- Total healing physical and spiritual for all we know and love! Lenore, Tere, Connie, Dawn, Maggie, Joe, Donna’s friend, etc.
- Howells: needed sale
Read all He is doing through prayer!
- God is answering prayers!!!
- God is answering the prayers of our children
- Connie has a new place to live!!
- Maggie survived 2 heart attacks during her heart transplant – and a week later she was released to go home!!!
- Norman’s niece cancer in remission!!!
- The fires have stopped in Israel!!!
- Denise: amazing visit with family.
- God intervened in the elections.
- April: God opened new doors!
- Duane (Coles’ friend): miraculous recovery from stroke.
- Rhonda’s & Colin’s surgeries went well
- Kerene: approval for new medicine!
- Tere got an excellent report from doc!
- Children are applying Scripture memory verses to their lives!
- VBS was terrific!
- Coles’ trips: amazing – thank you for your prayers!!
- Rhonda is receiving answers! We rejoice with her!