Does God Answer Prayer???
God’s Word states that “Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son,” John 14:13 NASB. While we all agree that we should not doubt that He will answer our prayers, sometimes we do.
Don’t you love how He continually brings situations into our lives to build our faith – to stretch our spiritual muscles. This week, we saw huge miracles: my sister-in-law underwent a kidney transplant. Everything went perfectly as planned, until her heart started being impacted and a heart attack ensued. (Prior to surgery, her heart was already compromised, and her cardiologist classified her as extremely high risk for surgery.) At one point, the day after surgery, things did not look good… But GOD!!! He answered our prayers — and now 3 days after surgery, the kidney is functioning beautifully, and she has been moved into a less-critical hospital unit!
On a totally different level, a friend’s dog appeared to have lupus. The Lord again intervened, and the dog is back to her normal self.
And, our grandson in North Carolina was diagnosed with multiple infections: mono, strep, sinus. One of the young children here at our congregation, in Tucson, prayed. Tommy (in North Carolina) began to feel better. The next week, all the young children in our congregation prayed. This time, Tommy was able to play outside. (This was a first in 3 weeks!) And two days later, he returned to school.
And another instance of answer to prayer, someone wanted to sell her home. “Out of the blue” she was offered more than she wanted. (She’d not yet listed her home.) Quickly and simply, her home was sold as was; she didn’t even have to fix it up…and was able to return the unused paint.
Does our Lord only do miracles for some – no! He is no respecter of persons. Even as He did for these, including for the dog, He wants to do miracles for us all!
God’s Word encourages us to come together with other believers and pray! “For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst,” Matt 18:20 NASB.
“You are such an amazing God – thank You for once again allowing us to partner with You! We love You! Thank You for letting us to see Your huge miracles! We bless You! We pray for Your peace for our country and Israel. Bring safety and strength to the persecuted Believers in the Middle East. In Your holy Name, we ask these things.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Maggie (Les’a’s sister-in-law): kidney transplant continued healing
- Connie: health and direction!
- Lenore & Friend (Lori): healing
- Dawn: surgery – total repair & traveling blessings
- Israel’s safety will not be compromised
- USA: Wisdom for our leadership and their health, their direction. Prayer for their safety.
- Total healing physical and spiritual for all we know and love! Lenore, Tere, Connie, Dawn, Maggie, Joe, Donna’s friend, etc.
- Howells: needed sale
- Pray for healing and direction of the US – prayer that evil will be exposed and silenced.
- Pray for Israel – unity and peace
- Protection of the persecuted church
- PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!