Bless Our Families
Week 10,year 2! (Sunday-Shabbat)
Perhaps there is nothing in the world that hurts a parent like an attack or a struggle which their child experiences. In our hearts, we, as parents, grieve and wish that we could take away their pain and suffering and make everything alright – just like we tried to do when they were little.
When God created us; He gave us these hearts for our families. The good news is He didn’t leave us there with anguish in our hearts. He gave us direction: to teach, to walk, to receive His mercies.
A line in the Shema command: “You shall teach them [God’s Commandments] diligently to your sons [& daughters] and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up,” Deut 6:7.
Yes, we are to earnestly teach God’s ways to our children. And, yes, probably most of us have blown it with our children at certain times. Now, is the time to repent before God and before our children and to make a change in our own lives. Let our children see God’s ways manifested in our actions.
- Declare: “As for me and my household, we shall serve the Lord,” Joshua 24:15b.“and all your household will be saved,” Acts 11:14b.
Hallelujah – we declare our children WILL be saved!
- Recognize: The enemy is here to kill and destroy (John 10:10). Destroy our families and our children’s families. But we call him a liar. In Jesus’ holy Name, we will not let him dissuade even one. Our children and their families will be strong in the Lord. “Wicked men are overthrown and are no more, but the house of the righteous stands firm” Prov 12:7.
- Claim: The Word of God in our children’s lives will not return void. He shall meet all of our needs.“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it,” Prov 22:6. “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus,” Phil 4:19.
- Remember: “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand. I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lends; And his descendants are blessed,” Ps 37:23-26, NKJV. We need to remember that our blowing it with or in front of our children is not the issue. The issue is repenting and showing our children our repentance by the change in our actions.
“Loving Father, You know how much we love these children whom You have given us. Thank You for them. We take Your authority and command that these fiery darts from hell that would attempt to destroy them – cease, In Jesus’ mighty Name. Satan, you are a liar; you may not have even one of our children. Lord, You are our constant friend, confidant, Commander in Chief. We pray Your healing touch on each of these families. We speak Your peace into their lives. We pray You turn them fully to You – ambush them with Your love. Help our actions to be examples before our children. Be with our soldiers. We curse and rebuke all ills that are attempting to harass them and their families. Bless our volunteer army. Heal those on our prayer lists who are sick physically, financially, and/or emotionally. We pray for Israeli believers. Bless them. Give them favor. Bring Your peace to J’lem. In Your hesed (loving kindness), we pray.”
Operation Jericho 3: many of us the need to resume our intense prayer posture this week. Want to join us? Monday-Friday, we are fasting a food item, or something (e.g., television). We are continuing to focus on families and breaking strongholds.
Read what He is doing this year through prayer!
1. Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
2. Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
3. Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
4. Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
5. Betty: job!
6. Frank: trip went very well.
7. Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
8. Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
9. Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
10. Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
11. Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
12. Norman G: finished back taxes!
13. Natan & Chantell found a house to rent – please pray this will be an easy & quick move for them, as they have to be out of the small apt by the 1st! (No time for PTSD this weekend!)
14. Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
15. Maxine: pain-free
16. Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
17. Marita: “Prayer Tools on your website is very popular.” It is being read in Israel, South Africa & France and is being translated into Spanish!!! May His Word continue to go forth!
18. Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian’s wife, who is in hospice, will also receive the Lord.
19. Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
20. Operation Jericho answers are coming!
21. David (Bev & Ruben): went to detox. Pray for total deliverance.
22. Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
23. Natan came home 3 weeks ago! Thank you for your prayers for his safety and continued prayers for his re-entry into family life.
24. Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
25. Cecelia (Yvonne’s 12-year old niece): her body was ravaged by cancer! Showing signs of progress – believing for total healing.Pray for her total healing – is in ICU for dialysis
26. Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
27. God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
28. Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
29. Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
30. Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
31. Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments– & full schedules!
32. Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
33. Bonnie: family visit was excellent
34. Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
35. Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
36. Lynn Mann: continued healing from foot surgery.
Listen to what our LORD did last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.
Prayer:Are we willing to continue your commitment to praying 15 minutes a dayfor a year? Reminder: Don’t forget even baby steps are answers!
· Families: please pray that God will intervene and bring His peace and righteousness to these families.
· Sister (Yvonne): urgent prayers regarding her desire to live, placement in rehab facility.Protection for husband, child, and family.
· Natan: TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury; serious concussions) & PTSD from explosions he was in during his 3 deployments in 4 years. Doctor also said if soldier has PTSD, so does his family. Please pray for Natan, Chantell, and their 2 sons for total healing.
· Ray & Sharon (Directors & Founders of Christian Friends of Israel): home broken into and many items stolen or broken
· Uncle (Deb): cancer
· Father (Deb): seek medical needed medical assistance to be able to regain mobility
· Deb: joyful and fulfilling trip
· Friends and family (Deb): close relationship with the Messiah
· Rhonda: stress & car issues.
· Unspoken: spiritual battles. Pray that His love & truth will prevail.
· Pamela: new position
· Leonard (Phyllis’ bro) removed lymph nodes were cancerous. After his staples are removed, chemo again – 6 weeks on 2 weeks off for 6 to 8 months. Further surgery to remove remaining lymph nodes in the rectal area. Please keep him on The Call to Prayer!
· Art: family reunion to be God-centered.
· Lori: God’s intervention and total resolution.
· Bob Hart (Les’a & Don): healing.
· Bev & Ruben: wisdom and direction
· Krinskys: home will sell quickly.
· Bonnie: work comes early in the week – with no technical difficulties.
· Prayers for our country and revival.
· Nathan (Jeannette’s son in law): encouragement and support as he works with patients.
· Brenan (Jeannette’s grandson): healing for heel and foot pain.
· Jeannette: find the right house that meets all their needs.
· Prayers for victims and their families in the heinous movie theater shootingin Aurora, CO.
· Prayer for victims and their families of the heinous acts of terror against Israeli tourists in Bulgaria.
· Tere: 2-year legal proceeding regarding mother’s care to come to a close quickly. And with a positive outcome.
· Phyllis & Maxine: pain-free, energy, and vitality.
· Maxine & Joe: traveling mercies – fantastic trip to see family.
· Family (Jeannette): camping trip – safety, protection, quality family time.
· Tsilla (Debbie): depression
· Ramon (Krinskys): prostate issues
· Natan: PTSD – transition home and all will quickly “be on the same page”
· Jordan (Les’a & Don): Navy Boot Camp – prayer for him & his family.
· PJ & Tracy: unspoken
· Frank: traveling mercies and blessings on his travels
· Kyle (Yvonne’s son): heart to the Lord – heaviness of depression to lift.
· Sylvia (Jeannette): passed away – prayer for family
· Jim & Bobbie (Les’a): his side was crushed by falling load from a fork lift. Please pray for total healing & they can quickly find a place to move into.
· Matthew (Frank): in rehab. Pray for deliverance and new friends.
· Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2012!
· Debbie & Dennis (& us all!!): God will lead and guide our footsteps and use us to minister to others.
· Another family reunion: joyous time of togetherness
· Group in Yellowstone: prayer to break strongholds over the area.
· Prayer for our soldiers: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
· Joe, Jim, John, Maxine: healing head-to-toe
· New jobs: favor and wisdom
· Mace Bravin: election for Pima County School Superintendent. That righteous men & women will be elected.
· Cynthia: lawsuit against her parents and their food bank ministry. Pray suit will be dropped & healing will result.
· Isabel Mercedes Celis (6-year old Tucson girl who was abducted April 21): pray for safety and return to her family.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Marita (in Israel): prayer for total healing from kidney stones. She does much for the Kingdom!
- Jeff & Paul (Paul & Lynn Mann): healing from knee surgeries.
- Krys (Les’a’s co-worker’s husband): serious problems caused by Parkinson's.
- Susie (Bonnie): from previous cervical fusion, one of the screws started migrating and was pushing at her esophagus threatening a puncture. Had surgery Thursday. Prayer for recovery and acceptance of Jesus.
- Bud (Tracy’s father): 2 tumors, and another one that is pre-cancerous.
- Bonnie: healing with oxygen levels.
- Christopher & Liz (Maxine): she has ovarian cancer, resulting in financial problems. Pray for encouragement.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
- Jeanne (Bonnie’s friend): stage 4 ovarian cancer. Salvation and healing with the understanding it was God Who healed her.
- Rudy (Les’a’s friend): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listed.
- God will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- Crystal Barton (Paul & Lynn Mann): in hospice – prayer for salvation decision. And strength for husband.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.