Benefits of Prayer: emotional benefits – overcoming moods, stress, anger
Week 26, year 2! (Sunday-Shabbat)
In the last two three weeks, we have seen the relationship and psychological benefits of consistent and in depth prayer. This week we shall list some of the emotional benefits. Jesus admonished us: “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me,” John 14:1 NASB.
1. Calming Anger: Ohio State University researchers found that praying for the well-being of the person with whom one is angry calms angers and fosters positive emotions and attitudes that improves overall health. (source: Personality & Social Psychology Bulletin)
2. Improving Mood & Outlook: A study of 600 middle-age and older adults, by the US Department of Health & Human Services, found that religious beliefs protected them against symptoms of depression. (source: Journal of Nervous and mental Disease)
3. Buffering Against Stress & Negative Emotions. University of Amsterdam (Holland) found that people with religious upbringing were less likely to manifest neuroticism (anxiety, anger, guilt, depression, view life situations as threatening or hopelessly difficult), even if they were predisposed to. (source: Twin Research & Human Genetics)
4. Enhancing Satisfaction With Life: A study of more than 2000 church members across the US revealed that giving help brings greater benefits than receiving help. (source: Psychosomatic Medicine)
5. Controlling Fear of Terrorist Attacks. Researchers in Germany found that students who held deeply religious beliefs had fewer fears or thoughts of death than their non-religious counterparts. And their religious convictions reduced stressful impact of threats, which helps overall health. (source: Journal Personality & Social Psychology)
ASSIGNMENT: pray 15 minutes a day! Prayer changes things! These benefits are even more pronounced when we have the LORD Yeshua, in our lives.
“LORD, we pray for those who have offended us. Bless them. Help us to develop consistent prayer lives. LORD, we want everything You have for us. Help us to focus on You and walking upright before You. Be with all our soldiers: those wounded, those here, and those in combat. Fill their hearts to overflowing with Your love. Protect Your Land of Israel – bring Your peace. Bring revival to the USA! In Your holy Name, we pray.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
1. PROTECTION FOR ISRAEL – God’s will bring His peace to J’lem and all of Israel.
2. REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
3. Isaiah (Phyllis’ grandson): emotional healing and physical protection from bullies. That You will give him a heart of compassion and a desire to serve You all of his days. That he will have favor & excitement when he goes to his new school after their move. Phyllis also requests prayer for the bullies.
4. Paul: total restoration: back pain to leave. He can sit in a wheel chair most of the day. He can now eat soft foods. Pray he will develop muscle strength to be able to walk; lungs will continue strengthening so tube can be removed; that he will have dexterity so he can operate a computer to help alleviate boredom. He is being moved to LaCanada, where they have activities and he will have interaction with many people.
5. Lynn: sleep and rest.
6. Daughter (Debbie & Dennis): wisdom regarding employment.
7. Dennis: wisdom concerning early retirement.
8. Murray: broken foot; god-son to be re-fucused.
9. Phyllis & families’ move into their new homes will be easy. In prayer, we know there is no distance: we pray that God will bless their homes and cleanse them of anything contrary to His Word.
10. John: healing.
11. Joan, Bonnie, & Connie: healing and ordering of their footsteps for treatment.
12. Bonnie: emotional healing from sister-in-law’s death.
13. Niece (Bonnie): healing for 4-yr old’s body.
14. Connie: new place to live; victory in her life. Son to move to Tucson.
15. Aunt (Jeannette): fell and hit head; airlifted to El Paso; healing and salvation.
16. Leonard (Phyllis brother): kidney action to be resumed; doctors to determine problem.
17. Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
18. Families to serve God.
19. Power to overcome temptations.
20. David (Bev & Ruben): repentance, deliverance.
21. Brother (Bev): healing from massive heart attack and salvation
22. God son (Doc): attitude change; wisdom for Doc.
23. Amy, Debbie, Charity (Debbie & Dennis): prayer for resolving emotional scars of past which are affecting extended family relationships.
24. Nephew (Bev & Ruben): Believer diagnosed with leukemia.
25. Friend (Norman G): able to conceive a child
26. New jobs for those in need.
27. Favor, peace, and wisdom in the work place.
28. Dawn’s daughter and grandson: accident. Both cars totaled; hallelujah: they were not hurt but badly shaken.
29. Chantell: new job
30. Joanne (Dawn): 84 yrs and not well. Please pray for her salvation
31. Laura (Norman G): unspoken; prayer for Steven as he begins life since his wife’s death
32. Maxine, Bonnie, Jim, Joe, Deb, John, Phyllis, and all others: pain-free, energy, healing, and vitality.
33. Brother (Murray): healing spiritually and physically.
34. Ron (Debbie & Dennis): light stroke; no apparent damage; air lifted to UMC. Prayer for total restoration.
35. PJ & Tracy: house and finances.
36. Son (Les’a’s co-worker’s son): healing and motivation
37. Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): continued emotional healing.
38. Krinskys: sale of home and moving mercies
39. Natan and Chantell: finances and transition into ‘normal God-centered life’
40. Natan: PTSD – transition home and all will quickly “be on the same page”
41. Son (John): divorce and custody, know the God of his father
42. John: correct medicine will be prescribed and there will be no side effects
43. Families: please pray that God will intervene and bring His peace and righteousness to these families.
44. Uncle (Deb): cancer
45. Father (Deb): seek medical needed medical assistance to be able to regain mobility
46. Friends and family (Deb): close relationship with the Messiah
47. Rhonda: stress & car issues.
48. Unspoken: spiritual battles. Pray that His love & truth will prevail.
49. Jobs (Dawn’s ‘grandson’, Debbie’s daughter, Betty, Art’s son, Les’a and Don’s daughter in law): favor and wisdom. God will open the doors to jobs where they can prosper (emotionally, physically, and financially)
50. Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2012!
51. Heather (Tracy & FaceBook): coma due to brain aneurism; she awakens
52. Bonnie: work comes early in the week – with no technical difficulties.
53. Tere: 2-year legal proceeding regarding mother’s care to come to a close quickly. And with a positive outcome.
54. Tsilla (Debbie): depression
55. Prayer for our soldiers: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
56. Jordan (Les’a & Don): Navy Sailor – prayer for him & his family.
57. Kyle (Yvonne’s son): heart to the Lord – heaviness of depression to lift.
58. Debbie & Dennis (& us all!!): God will lead and guide our footsteps and use us to minister to others.
59. Cynthia: lawsuit against her parents and their food bank ministry. Pray suit will be dropped & healing will result.
60. Isabel Mercedes Celis (6-year old Tucson girl who was abducted April 21): pray for safety and return to her family.
Read ALL He is doing this year through prayer!
· Phyllis & family arrived in Ohio. They had a good trip! Nevertheless, we miss her!
· Rudy (Les’a’s friend’s son): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications – improvement and is able to have work. His mother is grateful for the prayers and is amazed at his healing.
· Rhonda & Norm: the Lord brought order out of chaos!
· Paul: 7 weeks in hospital. He has more strength; he is able to eat some soft food (supplemented with feeding tube)! Prayer focus: the continued back pain from not moving for 7 weeks; he will develop muscle strength to be able to walk; lungs will continue strengthening so tube can be removed; that he will have dexterity so he can operate a computer so help alleviate boredom. And that he can remain at HealthSouth.
· Nephew (Les’a): serious auto accident with car’s being totaled. His outlook is great!
· Maxine: trip was fantastic!
· Krinskys: home has sold and they are getting ready to move.
· Interviews (Dawn’s ‘grandson’ and Debbie’s daughter): God to open doors to jobs
· David (Bev & Ruben): he is fulfilling court obligations. Pray for total deliverance and repentance.
· Danielle (Phyllis): excellent report – no cancer!
· Somewhat estranged son (John): initiated a visit!! Visit was good!
· Phyllis: feeling better!
· Lord is orchestrating timing!
· Becca (Tracy’s friend): surgery successful and, after a month in physical therapy, is able to go home! Prayer for salvation.
· Tere: trip was amazing!
· Danielle (Phyllis’ daughter): surgery successful – no malignancy. Doing amazingly!!!
· Jim’s nephew: able to return to work in record time!! (accident and all facial bones, except jaw, were broken.)
· Steve (Pamela’s friend): successful surgery & desire to be discipled.
· PJ: truth verified regarding his physical situation.
· Yom Kippur fast: several commented this was their first fast & it was very special.
· Janet: during Yom Kippur fast received word that her art was accepted in a festival!
· Maxine & Joe: trip was refreshing.
· Leonard (Phyllis’ brother) is out of the hospital!
· Jim: trip was fruitful.
· Pamela: strained back: able to work.
· John (Phyllis): going to AA everyday and is determined to make good decisions. He and his wife are speaking!! Hallelujah!!
· Harold: a fantastic word about his new job!!! TYJ!
· Maxine’s baptism: amazing and refreshing for all – especially her!
· Debbie’s and Dennis’ trips to see families: very good.
· Deb: trip to ABQ to see father, was very specialtime & experiences during visit, & seeds of love, devotion, & hope were planted.
· Daughter (Tere): successful out-patient surgery to remove fatty tissue cyst on leg.
· Joe: procedure: revealed no problems! Prayers they determine what is causing him the pain.
· Ramon (Krinskys): PSA count went from 4.0 to 0.0!! Doctor was extremely pleased and said he didn’t need to see him for 6 months.
· Bob (Maxine & Joe’s friend): excellent report from Mayo Clinic– cancer is in remission!!!
· Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): appears to continue doing better. Prayers that she continues with treatment.
· Betty& Harold: new jobs!
· Les’a & Don: God healed our water softener – repairman asked his Bible study to agree with himJ
· Family members are opening to the Word and prayer!
· Matthew (Frank): decided to stay in rehab!! Pray for total deliverance.
· Frank’s trip: good report
· Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
· Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
· Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
· Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
· Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
· Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
· Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
· Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
· Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
· Norman G: finished back taxes!
· Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
· Maxine: pain-free
· Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
· Marita: “Prayer Tools on your website is very popular.” It is being read in Israel, South Africa & France and is being translated into Spanish!!! May His Word continue to go forth!
· Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian turns to God for comfort during his grieving.
· Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
· Operation Jericho answers are coming!
· Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
· Natan returned from 3rd deployment.
· Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
· Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
· God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
· Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
· Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
· Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
· Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments– & full schedules!
· Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
· Bonnie: family visit was excellent
· Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
· Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
· Lynn Mann: healing from foot surgery.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Marita (in Israel): prayer for total healing from kidney stones. She does much for the Kingdom!
- Jeff & Paul (Paul & Lynn Mann): healing from knee surgeries.
- Krys (Les’a’s co-worker’s husband): serious problems caused by Parkinson's.
- Susie (Bonnie): from previous cervical fusion, one of the screws started migrating and was pushing at her esophagus threatening a puncture. Prayer for recovery from surgery and acceptance of Jesus.
- Bud (Tracy’s father): continued healing; insurance issues resolved.
- Bonnie: healing with oxygen levels.
- Christopher & Liz (Maxine): she has ovarian cancer, resulting in financial problems. Pray for encouragement.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listedGod will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS BRING GREAT RESULTS:read a summation of what our LORDdid last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.
On the website are specific answers from year 1 of Call To Prayer: