A New Year!
Week 31, year 2! (Sunday-Shabbat)
What is the over-riding message we are taking into this new calendar year? Traditionally, people make new year’s resolutions. The proverbial list goes on: lose weight, get finances in order, clean the garage, etc., etc. After a few weeks – or days – all our visions of change begin to fade, and we slip back into our old ways … until the next year when we once again make resolutions.
By following God’s calendar, we are not left on our own to fail, yet again. Every few months the Lord gives us opportunities to reflect and prepare ourselves spiritually for His upcoming holy day – for meeting with Him on His mo’ed (His appointed day).
Let us each take this opportunity to ponder what changes the Lord would have us each to make. And then let’s commit our ways, these changes, to Him. By relying on Him we CAN overcome these bad habits. Each time I am faced with temptation, I remember what my pastor said “What do I want more: the temptation or God & His ways?” Yes, there are distractions everyday but I work on focusing on “Do I REALLY want to walk in His fullness or am I going to settle for compromise.”
First Corinthians teaches that “No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it,” ICor 10:13. (Hallelujah! My temptations are common to man – they are not just my own, personal issues/trials. He will not let me be tempted beyond what He knows I am able to overcome – with His help. We will be able to endure and come out winners. Hallelujah!)
“Mighty God, Our King! Thank You for Your divine love and direction. We love You!! Thank You for Your intervention in our lives! Help each of us to fulfill the call You have our on our lives. Lord, we help us to surrender the areas You are leading us to change. We want to walk in Your fullness – in Your precepts. We love You! Touch each of these situations. Heal our land; heal our families; heal Israel; heal our soldier; heal our finances. Bring our families to a fullness of You. Be with our grandchildren – protect them. Thank You for caring so much for us that You gave Yourself that we might know You. Help us to give ourselves to You. Holy Father, we bless You in Your most sacred Name.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
1. PROTECTION FOR ISRAEL – God’s will bring His peace to J’lem and all of Israel.
2. REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
3. FAMILIES – FAMILIES – FAMILIES: God will bring families together. Spirit of division will cease.
4. Marriages; children; families. Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
5. Power to overcome temptations.
6. Lori: direction, healing, and a new job.
7. Dennis: wisdom for direction after retirement
8. Daughter (Debbie & Dennis): wisdom regarding employment.
9. Bonnie: strength as she returns to full time work, healing, vitality – no more health issues
10. Bruce (Maxine’s brother in law): prostate and thyroid cancer. Healing and revelation of the Messiah.
11. Joe: healing
12. Paul: total restoration: back pain to leave! Back pain is still excruciating. Will be at HealthSouth until 12/27.
13. Connie: healing & upcoming move
14. Dan (Art’s son): job interview – peace, favor, wisdom, he gets job! Also, prayer for his desire to mend his marriage.
15. John: healing & believers have wisdom how to best help John.
16. Phyllis: healing & adjustment to life in Ohio.
17. Isaiah (Phyllis’ grandson): emotional healing and physical protection from bullies. That You will give him a heart of compassion and a desire to serve You all of his days. That he will have favor & excitement when he goes to his new school after their move. Phyllis also requests prayer for the bullies.
18. Murray: broken foot; god-son to be re-fucused.
19. Brother (Murray): healing spiritually and physically.
20. Joan, Bonnie, & Connie: healing and ordering of their footsteps for treatment.
21. Dawn (Tracy’s mom): safety in travel to the US; home near work
22. Tracy: healing of migraine, numbness on left side of head
23. PJ & Tracy: house and finances.
24. Aunt (Jeannette): fell and hit head; airlifted to El Paso; healing and salvation.
25. Leonard (Phyllis brother): kidney action to be resumed; doctors to determine problem.
26. David (Bev & Ruben): repentance, deliverance.
27. Brother (Bev): healing from massive heart attack and salvation
28. Nephew (Bev & Ruben): Believer diagnosed with leukemia.
29. Amy, Debbie, Charity (Debbie & Dennis): prayer for resolving emotional scars of past which are affecting extended family relationships.
30. Friend (Norman G): able to conceive a child
31. Chantell (Les’a & Don): new job
32. Joanne (Dawn): 84 yrs and not well. Please pray for her salvation
33. Laura (Norman G): unspoken; prayer for Steven as he begins life since his wife’s death
34. Ron (Debbie & Dennis): light stroke; no apparent damage; air lifted to UMC. Prayer for total restoration.
35. Son (Les’a’s co-worker’s son): healing and motivation
36. Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): continued emotional healing.
37. Natan and Chantell: finances and transition into ‘normal God-centered life’
38. Natan: PTSD – transition home and all will quickly “be on the same page”
39. Families: please pray that God will intervene and bring His peace and righteousness to these families.
40. Uncle (Deb): cancer
41. Father (Deb): seek medical needed medical assistance to be able to regain mobility
42. Friends and family (Deb): close relationship with the Messiah
43. Jobs (Dawn’s ‘grandson’, Debbie’s daughter, Betty, Art’s son, Les’a and Don’s daughter in law): favor and wisdom. God will open the doors to jobs where they can prosper (emotionally, physically, and financially)
44. Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2012!
45. Bonnie: work comes early in the week – with no technical difficulties.
46. Tere: 2-year legal proceeding regarding mother’s care to come to a close quickly. And with a positive outcome.
47. Tsilla (Debbie): depression
48. Prayer for our soldiers: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
49. Jordan (Les’a & Don): Navy Sailor – prayer for him & his family.
50. Kyle (Yvonne’s son): heart to the Lord – heaviness of depression to lift.
51. Debbie & Dennis (& us all!!): God will lead and guide our footsteps and use us to minister to others.
52. Cynthia: lawsuit against her parents and their food bank ministry. Pray suit will be dropped & healing will result.
53. Isabel Mercedes Celis (6-year old Tucson girl who was abducted April 21): pray for safety and return to her family.
Read ALL He is doing this year through prayer!
· Paul: Yesterday, Paul was able to stand on his own weight for 7 minutes! Back pain remains the issue. Lynn said that she “is tired, lonely, and scared.” Let us continue praying for Paul’s back; his drive to overcome; Lynn’s encouragement; for total restoration..
· Bonnie: she is also becoming stronger.Friday she returned to work full time. Let us continue praying for her total healing and God’s perfect timing for her to return to work.. (She survived a 7-hour heart attack! And with only minor heart damage! And, He has granted her heart’s desire: she will not have open heart surgery! Out of the hospital – her doc was amazed at how much better she looked than she had 3 weeks before!)
· Joan (Les’a’s mom): great report from spinal doctor. Physical therapy is immediate direction, rather than surgery – a true answer to her prayers! She is getting stronger everyday – walked a mile in physical therapy Friday!
· Maxine: out of the hospital and doing well. feeling soo much better! Did not have any compressions fractures!
· Bev & Ruben: huge answers to prayer. Pray David follows thru with his direction.
· Phyllis & family arrived in Ohio. They had a good trip! Nevertheless, we miss her! Danielle was able to purchase a beautiful double-wide home. Phyllis is going to service Sat!!
· Connie: found a new home!
· Granddaughter (Betty & Harold): born healthy!
· Rudy (Les’a’s friend’s son): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications – improvement and is able to have work. His mother is grateful for the prayers and is amazed at his healing.
· Rhonda & Norm: the Lord brought order out of chaos!
· Paul: even little setbacks, God uses! Paul is back at HealthSouth!
· Nephew (Les’a): serious auto accident with car’s being totaled. His outlook is great!
· Maxine: trip was fantastic!
· Krinskys: home has sold and they are getting ready to move.
· Interviews (Dawn’s ‘grandson’ and Debbie’s daughter): God to open doors to jobs
· David (Bev & Ruben): he is fulfilling court obligations. Pray for total deliverance and repentance.
· Danielle (Phyllis): excellent report – no cancer!
· Somewhat estranged son (John): initiated a visit!! Visit was good!
· Phyllis: feeling better!
· Lord is orchestrating timing!
· Becca (Tracy’s friend): surgery successful and, after a month in physical therapy, is able to go home! Prayer for salvation.
· Tere: trip was amazing!
· Danielle (Phyllis’ daughter): surgery successful – no malignancy. Doing amazingly!!!
· Jim’s nephew: able to return to work in record time!! (accident and all facial bones, except jaw, were broken.)
· Steve (Pamela’s friend): successful surgery & desire to be discipled.
· PJ: truth verified regarding his physical situation.
· Yom Kippur fast: several commented this was their first fast & it was very special.
· Janet: during Yom Kippur fast received word that her art was accepted in a festival!
· Maxine & Joe: trip was refreshing.
· Leonard (Phyllis’ brother) is out of the hospital!
· Jim: trip was fruitful.
· Pamela: strained back: able to work.
· John (Phyllis): going to AA everyday and is determined to make good decisions. He and his wife are speaking!! Hallelujah!!
· Harold: a fantastic word about his new job!!! TYJ!
· Maxine’s baptism: amazing and refreshing for all – especially her!
· Debbie’s and Dennis’ trips to see families: very good.
· Deb: trip to ABQ to see father, was very specialtime & experiences during visit, & seeds of love, devotion, & hope were planted.
· Daughter (Tere): successful out-patient surgery to remove fatty tissue cyst on leg.
· Joe: procedure: revealed no problems! Prayers they determine what is causing him the pain.
· Ramon (Krinskys): PSA count went from 4.0 to 0.0!! Doctor was extremely pleased and said he didn’t need to see him for 6 months.
· Bob (Maxine & Joe’s friend): excellent report from Mayo Clinic– cancer is in remission!!!
· Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): appears to continue doing better. Prayers that she continues with treatment.
· Betty& Harold: new jobs!
· Les’a & Don: God healed our water softener – repairman asked his Bible study to agree with himJ
· Family members are opening to the Word and prayer!
· Matthew (Frank): decided to stay in rehab!! Pray for total deliverance.
· Frank’s trip: good report
· Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
· Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
· Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
· Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
· Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
· Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
· Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
· Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
· Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
· Norman G: finished back taxes!
· Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
· Maxine: pain-free
· Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
· Marita: “Prayer Tools on your website is very popular.” It is being read in Israel, South Africa & France and is being translated into Spanish!!! May His Word continue to go forth!
· Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian turns to God for comfort during his grieving.
· Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
· Operation Jericho answers are coming!
· Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
· Natan returned from 3rd deployment.
· Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
· Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
· God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
· Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
· Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
· Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
· Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments– & full schedules!
· Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
· Bonnie: family visit was excellent
· Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
· Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
· Lynn Mann: healing from foot surgery.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Marita (in Israel): prayer for total healing from kidney stones. She does much for the Kingdom!
- Jeff & Paul (Paul & Lynn Mann): healing from knee surgeries.
- Krys (Les’a’s co-worker’s husband): serious problems caused by Parkinson's.
- Susie (Bonnie): from previous cervical fusion, one of the screws started migrating and was pushing at her esophagus threatening a puncture. Prayer for recovery from surgery and acceptance of Jesus.
- Bud (Tracy’s father): continued healing; insurance issues resolved.
- Bonnie: healing with oxygen levels.
- Christopher & Liz (Maxine): she has ovarian cancer, resulting in financial problems. Pray for encouragement.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listedGod will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS BRING GREAT RESULTS:read a summation of what our LORDdid last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.
On the website are specific answers from year 1 of Call To Prayer