Week 16, year 2! (Sunday-Shabbat)
“Now on the tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. It shall be for you a time of holy convocation, and you shall afflict [deny, humble yourselves, fast] yourselves and present a food offering to the LORD,” Leviticus 23:27-28. ESV.
“Then you shall sound the loud trumpet on the tenth day of the seventh month. On the Day of Atonement you shall sound the trumpet throughout all your land,” Leviticus 25:9, ESV.
Yom Kippur –The Holiest Day of the Biblical year, aside from Shabbat — is here!!! (to see a reenactment of Yom Kippur)
Each of the three fall festivals has its own flavor. Rosh haShanah was a very special celebration. Anticipation & excitement were high – His presence was felt by all. The 10 days between Rosh haShanah and Yom Kippur have been the Days of Awe. We may ask, what is “awe”? Remember how our nation was after 9/11? There was a hush, a reverence, over the land. The solemnity we felt after 9/11 will pale compared to what we will experience when we stand before our King.
For months we have been preparing ourselves. We have interceded; answered the call to be part of Operation Jericho (special ops intercessory assignments). We have fasted. We have seen G-d, our Heavenly Commander in Chief, answer our entreaties. As we conclude these days of repentance/introspection and preparation for Yom Kippur, let us ponder Yom Kippur’s being the rehearsal of the Great Day of Judgment.
Tuesday evening begins the Yom Kippur fast. Many wonder: how should I fast. Orthodox Jews do not eat or drink for the 25 hours. Others, with health challenges, cannot totally fast. Nevertheless, we encourage everyone to at least give up some favorite food. Personally, we will have only thin liquids during the fast. Yom Kippur is not only a memorial but also a dress rehearsal for the Day of Judgment when we will all appear before HaShem and all things hidden will be exposed.
Use this holy day to ‘clean up our acts’ spiritually, to remember His intervention in our lives, to seek G-d. People/our families, our nation, and Israel depend upon your prayers!! (G-d answers prayers on Yom Kippur )
Exercise: greet one another with “Tzom Kal!” May your fast be easy – and your day special before Him!
“Ancient of Days, You are an awesome God. We praise You for Your Word; for Your steadiness in spite of the craziness that so easily besets us. You are our holy God. Help us to turn from our wicked ways. We pray for each of the situations below: healing — financially, spiritually, relationally. Turn our nation and Israel to You. Bring your peace to J’lem. In Your loving Name, we pray.”
Read what He is doing this year through prayer!
1. Leonard (Phyllis brother): huge physical improvement. Up & walking, shaving. Holding down solid foods. Stomach pain almost gone! Hallelujah!
2. Jim: trip was fruitful.
3. Pamela: strained back: able to work without pain.
4. John (Phyllis): going to AA everyday and is determined to make good decisions. He and his wife are speaking!! Hallelujah!!
5. Harold: a fantastic word about his new job!!! TYJ!
6. Maxine’s baptism: amazing and refreshing for all – especially her!
7. Rudy (Les’a’s friend’s son): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications – improvement and is able to have part-time job. Please continue to pray for total restoration.
8. Debbie’s and Dennis’ trips to see families: very good.
9. Deb: trip to ABQ to see father, was very special. We enjoyed our time & experiences during my visit, & seeds of love, devotion, & hope, were planted.
10. Daughter (Tere): successful out-patient surgery to remove fatty tissue cyst on leg.
11. Joe: procedure: revealed no problems! Prayers they determine what is causing him the pain.
12. Ramon (Krinskys): PSA count went from 4.0 to 0.0!! Doctor was extremely pleased and said he didn’t need to see him for 6 months.
13. Bob (Maxine & Joe’s friend): excellent report from Mayo Clinic
14. Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): appears to continue doing better. Prayers that she continues with treatment.
15. Betty& Harold: new jobs!
16. Les’a & Don: God healed our water softener – repairman asked his Bible study to agree with himJ
17. Family members are opening to the Word and prayer!
18. Matthew (Frank): decided to stay in rehab!! Pray for total deliverance.
19. Frank’s trip: good report
20. Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
21. Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
22. Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
23. Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
24. Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
25. Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
26. Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
27. Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
28. Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
29. Norman G: finished back taxes!
30. Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
31. Maxine: pain-free
32. Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
34. Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian turns to God for comfort during his grieving.
35. Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
36. Operation Jericho answers are coming!
37. Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
38. Natan came home 3 weeks ago! Thank you for your prayers for his safety and continued prayers for his re-entry into family life.
39. Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
40. Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
41. God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
42. Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
43. Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
44. Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
45. Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments– & full schedules!
46. Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
47. Bonnie: family visit was excellent
48. Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
49. Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
50. Lynn Mann: total healing from foot surgery.
Listen to what our LORD did last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.
Prayer: Are we willing to continue your commitment to praying 15 minutes a day for a year? Reminder: Don’t forget even baby steps are answers!
· Jim’s nephew: accident and all facial bones, except jaw, were broken. He is being transferred to UCLA hospital. As he is a professional chef, his family requests prayer that his sense of sight and taste will return.
· Families of slain Ambassador Chris Stevens and other Americans assassinated in Libya
· Favor, peace, and wisdom in the work place.
· Dawn’s daughter and grandson: accident. Both cars totaled; hallelujah: they were not hurt but badly shaken.
· Chantell: new job
· PJ: truth will be obvious. God will give PJ great wisdom and much favor.
· Les’a: wisdom and direction
· Bev & Ruben: God will restoreall that was stolen from their home. That David will turn away from his destructive ways and to the God of his parents. God’s peace will reign!
· Joanne (Dawn): 84 yrs and not well. Please pray for her salvation
· Laura (Norman G): unspoken; prayer for Steven as he begins life since his wife’s death
· Maxine, Bonnie, Jim, Joe, and all others: healing and vitality.
· Brother (Doc): healing spiritually and physically.
· Ron (Debbie & Dennis): light stroke; no apparent damage; air lifted to UMC. Prayer for total restoration.
· PJ & Tracy: house and finances.
· Danielle (Phyllis): pray for deliverance, healing, stability for boys
· Son (Les’a’s co-worker’s son): healing and motivation
· Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): will continue in therapy.
· Becca (Tracy’s friend): continued healing from surgery. Know the Lord as Savior.
· Krinskys: sale of home and moving mercies
· Natan and Chantell: finances and transition into ‘normal God-centered life’
· Natan: PTSD – transition home and all will quickly “be on the same page”
· Son (John): divorce and custody, know the God of his father
· John: correct medicine will be prescribed and there will be no side effects
· Families: please pray that God will intervene and bring His peace and righteousness to these families.
· Uncle (Deb): cancer
· Father (Deb): seek medical needed medical assistance to be able to regain mobility
· Friends and family (Deb): close relationship with the Messiah
· Rhonda: stress & car issues.
· Unspoken: spiritual battles. Pray that His love & truth will prevail.
· Jobs: favor and wisdom
· Pamela: job direction
· Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2012!
· Lori: God’s intervention and total resolution.
· Bonnie: work comes early in the week – with no technical difficulties.
· Prayers for our country and revival.
· Nathan (Jeannette’s son in law): encouragement and support as he works with patients.
· Prayers for victims and their families in the heinous movie theater shootingin Aurora, CO.
· Prayer for victims and their families of the heinous acts of terror against Israeli tourists in Bulgaria.
· Tere: 2-year legal proceeding regarding mother’s care to come to a close quickly. And with a positive outcome.
· Phyllis & Maxine: pain-free, energy, and vitality.
· Tsilla (Debbie): depression
· Prayer for our soldiers: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
· Jordan (Les’a & Don): Navy Boot Camp – prayer for him & his family.
· Kyle (Yvonne’s son): heart to the Lord – heaviness of depression to lift.
· Debbie & Dennis (& us all!!): God will lead and guide our footsteps and use us to minister to others.
· Another family reunion: joyous time of togetherness
· Group in Yellowstone: prayer to break strongholds over the area.
· Cynthia: lawsuit against her parents and their food bank ministry. Pray suit will be dropped & healing will result.
· Isabel Mercedes Celis (6-year old Tucson girl who was abducted April 21): pray for safety and return to her family.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Marita (in Israel): prayer for total healing from kidney stones. She does much for the Kingdom!
- Jeff & Paul (Paul & Lynn Mann): healing from knee surgeries.
- Krys (Les’a’s co-worker’s husband): serious problems caused by Parkinson's.
- Susie (Bonnie): from previous cervical fusion, one of the screws started migrating and was pushing at her esophagus threatening a puncture. Prayer for recovery from surgery and acceptance of Jesus.
- Bud (Tracy’s father): continued healing; insurance issues resolved.
- Bonnie: healing with oxygen levels.
- Christopher & Liz (Maxine): she has ovarian cancer, resulting in financial problems. Pray for encouragement.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
- Jeanne (Bonnie’s friend): stage 4 ovarian cancer. Salvation and healing with the understanding it was God Who healed her.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listedGod will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.