Will YOU pray for America? part 2
Week 19, year 2! (Sunday-Shabbat)
Studies show that the average person wastes what amounts to two hours a day sitting at a traffic light, surfing the internet, checking email or facebook, or daydreaming. What if we put just 15 of those minutes every day to praying for America?
Think about it. That's less than the amount of time it takes you to brush your teeth & get dressed, or to check your email. Will you spend 15 minutes a day praying for our country?
Although the National Day of Prayer, whose historic origins date to a mandate by the President George Washington, is in May, believers all over the globe are praying and fasting for our nation at this time.
Want ideas of how to pray for America? Go to In Their Own Words videos. Everyday there is a new 5-min video. (additional helpful videos: Room 219 and How to Pray for America)
“LORD, we thank You that You have brought us to such a time as this – to pray for the land that You have given us. We pray for revival in our land. Turns the hearts of Americans back to You. Help us to realize that our own wiles will not bring Your peace. Forgive our sins. Confusethe plans of the enemy to destroy our country and culture. Heal the physically, mentally, and spiritually sick. Thank You for Your mighty intervention in Paul’s life. We continue to pray for total restoration. Bring your peace and protection to our soldiers and to J’lem. In Your precious Name we pray.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
1. Paul: total restoration
2. Leonard (Phyllis brother): kidney action to be resumed; doctors to determine problem
3. Phyllis & family: upcoming move
4. God son (Doc): attitude change; wisdom for Doc
5. Amy, Debbie, Charity (Debbie & Dennis): prayer for resolving emotional scars of past which are affecting extended family relationships.
6. Nephew (Bev & Ruben): Believer diagnosed with leukemia
7. Friend (Norman G): able to conceive a child
8. New jobs for the many who need one.
9. Krinskys: house sale and move to be without a hitch.
10. Families of slain Ambassador Chris Stevens and other Americans assassinated in Libya
11. Favor, peace, and wisdom in the work place.
12. Dawn’s daughter and grandson: accident. Both cars totaled; hallelujah: they were not hurt but badly shaken.
13. Chantell: new job
14. Bev & Ruben: God will restore all that was stolen from their home. That David will turn away from his destructive ways and to the God of his parents. God’s peace will reign!
15. Joanne (Dawn): 84 yrs and not well. Please pray for her salvation
16. Laura (Norman G): unspoken; prayer for Steven as he begins life since his wife’s death
17. Maxine, Bonnie, Jim, Joe, Deb, John, Phyllis, and all others: pain-free, energy, healing, and vitality.
18. Brother (Doc): healing spiritually and physically.
19. Ron (Debbie & Dennis): light stroke; no apparent damage; air lifted to UMC. Prayer for total restoration.
20. PJ & Tracy: house and finances.
21. Son (Les’a’s co-worker’s son): healing and motivation
22. Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): continued emotional healing.
23. Becca (Tracy’s friend): continued healing from surgery. Know the Lord as Savior.
24. Krinskys: sale of home and moving mercies
25. Natan and Chantell: finances and transition into ‘normal God-centered life’
26. Natan: PTSD – transition home and all will quickly “be on the same page”
27. Son (John): divorce and custody, know the God of his father
28. John: correct medicine will be prescribed and there will be no side effects
29. Families: please pray that God will intervene and bring His peace and righteousness to these families.
30. Uncle (Deb): cancer
31. Father (Deb): seek medical needed medical assistance to be able to regain mobility
32. Friends and family (Deb): close relationship with the Messiah
33. Rhonda: stress & car issues.
34. Unspoken: spiritual battles. Pray that His love & truth will prevail.
35. Jobs: favor and wisdom
36. Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2012!
37. Lori: God’s intervention and total resolution.
38. Bonnie: work comes early in the week – with no technical difficulties.
39. Prayers for our country and revival.
40. Prayers for victims and their families in the heinous movie theater shooting in Aurora, CO.
41. Prayer for victims and their families of the heinous acts of terror against Israeli tourists in Bulgaria.
42. Tere: 2-year legal proceeding regarding mother’s care to come to a close quickly. And with a positive outcome.
43. Tsilla (Debbie): depression
44. Prayer for our soldiers: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
45. Jordan (Les’a & Don): Navy Sailor – prayer for him & his family.
46. Kyle (Yvonne’s son): heart to the Lord – heaviness of depression to lift.
47. Debbie & Dennis (& us all!!): God will lead and guide our footsteps and use us to minister to others.
48. Another family reunion: joyous time of togetherness
49. Cynthia: lawsuit against her parents and their food bank ministry. Pray suit will be dropped & healing will result.
50. Isabel Mercedes Celis (6-year old Tucson girl who was abducted April 21): pray for safety and return to her family.
Read ALL He is doing this year through prayer!
1. Paul: improving!!! Daily, he is a tiny bit stronger, though he is still extremely weak. Pray for total restoration.
2. Somewhat estranged son (John): initiated a visit!! Visit was good!
3. Tere: trip was amazing!
4. Danielle (Phyllis’ daughter): surgery successful – no malignancy. Doing amazingly!!!
5. Jim’s nephew: able to return to work in record time!! (accident and all facial bones, except jaw, were broken.)
6. Steve (Pamela’s friend): successful surgery & desire to be discipled.
7. PJ: truth verified regarding his physical situation.
8. Yom Kippur fast: several commented this was their first fast & it was very special.
9. Janet: during Yom Kippur fast received word that her art was accepted in a festival!
10. Maxine & Joe: trip was refreshing.
11. Leonard (Phyllis’ brother) is out of the hospital!
12. Jim: trip was fruitful.
13. Pamela: strained back: able to work.
14. John (Phyllis): going to AA everyday and is determined to make good decisions. He and his wife are speaking!! Hallelujah!!
15. Harold: a fantastic word about his new job!!! TYJ!
16. Maxine’s baptism: amazing and refreshing for all – especially her!
17. Rudy (Les’a’s friend’s son): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications – improvement and is able to have part-time job. Please continue to pray for total restoration.
18. Debbie’s and Dennis’ trips to see families: very good.
19. Deb: trip to ABQ to see father, was very specialtime & experiences during visit, & seeds of love, devotion, & hope were planted.
20. Daughter (Tere): successful out-patient surgery to remove fatty tissue cyst on leg.
21. Joe: procedure: revealed no problems! Prayers they determine what is causing him the pain.
22. Ramon (Krinskys): PSA count went from 4.0 to 0.0!! Doctor was extremely pleased and said he didn’t need to see him for 6 months.
23. Bob (Maxine & Joe’s friend): excellent report from Mayo Clinic– cancer is in remission!!!
24. Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): appears to continue doing better. Prayers that she continues with treatment.
25. Betty& Harold: new jobs!
26. Les’a & Don: God healed our water softener – repairman asked his Bible study to agree with himJ
27. Family members are opening to the Word and prayer!
28. Matthew (Frank): decided to stay in rehab!! Pray for total deliverance.
29. Frank’s trip: good report
30. Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
31. Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
32. Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
33. Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
34. Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
35. Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
36. Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
37. Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
38. Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
39. Norman G: finished back taxes!
40. Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
41. Maxine: pain-free
42. Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
43. Marita: "Prayer Tools is very popular.” It is being read in Israel, South Africa & France and is being translated into Spanish!!! May His Word continue to go forth!
44. Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian turns to God for comfort during his grieving.
45. Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
46. Operation Jericho answers are coming!
47. Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
48. Natan came home 3 weeks ago! Thank you for your prayers for his safety and continued prayers for his re-entry into family life.
49. Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
50. Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
51. God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
52. Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
53. Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
54. Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
55. Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments– & full schedules!
56. Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
57. Bonnie: family visit was excellent
58. Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
59. Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
60. Lynn Mann: healing from foot surgery.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Marita (in Israel): prayer for total healing from kidney stones. She does much for the Kingdom!
- Jeff & Paul (Paul & Lynn Mann): healing from knee surgeries.
- Krys (Les’a’s co-worker’s husband): serious problems caused by Parkinson's.
- Susie (Bonnie): from previous cervical fusion, one of the screws started migrating and was pushing at her esophagus threatening a puncture. Prayer for recovery from surgery and acceptance of Jesus.
- Bud (Tracy’s father): continued healing; insurance issues resolved.
- Bonnie: healing with oxygen levels.
- Christopher & Liz (Maxine): she has ovarian cancer, resulting in financial problems. Pray for encouragement.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listedGod will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS BRING GREAT RESULTS:read a summation of what our LORDdid last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.