What has being an American meant to YOU?
What has being an American meant to us? Some of our family voyaged on the Mayflower, others fought in the American Revolution (and in every war since Independence [with the exceptions of Korea and the 1st Desert Storm]), and another became naturalized at 4 years old. Our family is much like your family, the typical American family. America has given much to each us regardless of whether we’ve been in this country for generations or recently been naturalized.
I believe each American should follow JFK’s excellent admonition in his 1961 inaugural address: “My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” So, I ask each of us: what are we willing to sacrifice for our country?
With all the political uncertainty, it is vital that we press in to God for our nation, our elections, for our country’s future.
We need to pray for the fear of the Lord to fall upon our nation – over all our citizens, over Democrats, over Republicans, over Independents. We all need to realign ourselves with God’s Word and His standard for laws and conduct. No one is without sin.
We are praying for God’s light to reveal darkness. “But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known,” Luke 12:2 NASB (also Mark 4:22; Matt 10:26; etc)
Lean in and pray – ask God how He would have you vote? There are two very different directions our nation will go — neither is without a bit of risk and concern. (If you have decided not to vote, we encourage you to reconsider: do your duty and participate. By not voting, we are allowing others to decide the future of our nation and abdicating our influence as believers in our country.)
Jethro gave Moses superb advice which is vital to us in this hour: “Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens,” Exodus 18:21, NASB.
CONSIDER: The time in which we are living right now is indeed historic. There are those who have compared these days leading up to the election to the time prior to Queen Esther’s approaching her king for the salvation of her people. She asked those close to her to fast and pray for 3 days prior to her approaching the king.
Are we – you? me? – are we willing to fast and pray for 3 days (Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday) for our country?
“Father, we are very thankful You know the beginning from the end. You are our God – Hallelu-YAH!!!! We pray for You to intervene in our country, for You to expose that which is ungodly, for You to raise up righteous leaders, for You to give us the leaders we need not the leaders we deserve. We pray You will turn the hearts of Americans to You. Bless Israel and the United States. In Yeshua’s sovereign Name, we pray. ”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- US election
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents
- Josiah, Tracy, Rhonda, Tere, Kerene, April, Connie: total healing
- Denise: safe travel, God-appointed encounters
- Friend (Donna): healing and encouragement
- Friend (Betty): healing and salvation
- April: divine appointment and favor
- Howells: needed sale
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church
- Attack on our loved ones to be broken and stopped
- Prayer for wisdom and favor as we encounter suffering people
- PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
Read what He is doing through prayer!
- Duane (Coles’ friend): miraculous recovery from stroke
- Rhonda’s & Colin’s surgeries went well
- Kerene: approval for new medicine!
- Tere got an excellent report from doc!
- Children are applying Scripture memory verses to their lives!
- VBS was terrific!
- Coles’ trips: amazing – thank you for your prayers!!
- Rhonda is receiving answers! We rejoice with her!
- David Davis (Israel): fantastic report from his doctors this week: he is cancer-free!!