We Must Wake Up!
Islam’s basic tenet of faith is to bring the whole world under Islam & Sharia law. From infancy, Muslims are taught to kill 1st the Saturday people (Jews) and then the Sunday people (Christians). Their objective is to convert or annihilate everyone who is an infidel (all those who do not believe in the perpetrator’s form of Islam.) And should a Muslim be killed in the process of fulfilling this mandate, then that ‘martyr’ (or Shaheed) is promised Paradise with 72 virgins.
This mindset is totally foreign to those whose culture is based on Judea-Christian ethics. We are taught in the Torah and throughout the Bible that we show our faith by the manner in which we conduct our lives. Our daily walks are reflective of our belief. In Islam, the end always justifies the means. For example, you have a sandwich and I am hungry; therefore, I am justified to steal your sandwich; or you refuse to convert to Islam, so I am justified to kill you.
It is interesting to note that ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) was too brutal even for al-Qaeda. This resulted in the two groups splitting in February, 2014. However, the goal of establishing the world under Islam and Sharia and killing infidels remained the same. We are seeing radical Islam sweep throughout the region of the Middle East:
· The ancient Coptic Church in Egypt, which was begun by the apostle Mark, was the first to garner publicity regarding the horrific treatment they received from radical Islam during the Muslim uprising (2010-2014). Churches and people were ravaged.
· The Christian community in Iraq is considered one of the oldest surviving Christian communities in the world. Christianity was believed to have been brought to Iraq in the 1st century AD by the Apostles Thomas and Thaddaeus. The militant extremists ISIS (or DAESH as per their Arabic acronym) started the genocide of “cleansing” Iraq of Christians. The agenda was to establish an Islamic Caliphate State. “For the first time in the history of Iraq [formerly Mesopotamia, which saw the rise of the first civilization in world history], Mosul is now empty of Christians,” Patriarch Louis Sako told AFP news agency following July 18’s harrowing events. Christian’s homes & businesses were looted; men and children, killed and/or be-headed; women, raped – the most gruesome forms of atrocities.
· Syrian Christian community, believed to have been begun by the Apostle Peter, is also experiencing the horror of ISIS.
· Israel, Egypt, and Assyria (which was part of Mesopotamia, including part of modern Iraq and Syria) have covenant with the Lord. In Isaiah 19:25b, the Lord says “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.”
· During WWII, prominent Protestant pastor Martin Niemöller summed up our situation: “First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—Because I was not a Socialist… Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a Jew. Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.” Radical Islam is coming not only for Jews, but Christians and even other Muslims
What are we going to do??
“Ancient of Days, we thank You for these Christians who have so bravely stood again Islam. Thank You that throughout the centuries they have carried the torch for Christianity. We pray for these precious ones. Protect all of those who stand uncompromisingly for You and the Bible. Turn America back to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Help us to discern the difference between good and evil – and help our nation to stand for righteousness. Bring Your peace and wisdom to Am Israel and Eretz Israel. In the Name of our soon-coming Messiah, Yeshua.”