Thinking like G-d thinks, part 2
As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. (Prov 23:7)
We all tend to have one of 3 basic mind sets: worry, anxiety, & confusion; judgmental, suspicious, critical; passive or empty mind. However, G-d came that we might have life and life abundantly and none of those 3 mind sets is part of His design for us. His death was so that we might have a 4th mind set: an active mind that is filled with peace and joy.
- The first is worry, anxiety, and confusion. How easily these beset us! I really like Joyce Meyer’s analogy that worry is like sitting in a rocking chair. All day long, we rock back and forth. At the end of the day, we are tired from rocking, but we are still in the same place. We need to turn these worries into prayer and trust in G-d.
- The second is judgmental, suspicious, and critical. Another habit that is very easy to fall into, especially when those around us are critical about another person, place, or thing. Often we attempt to deceive our self or others by rationalizing that “I was only trying to help.” However, when we sincerely and truthfully examine our hearts, we realize that rather than being sincere in our desire to help the other, we really just want to “straighten them out.”
Romans 2:3 (NASB) strongly admonishes: “But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of G-d?” WOW! G-d is warning us that if we are doing the same things as the ones we’re being critical of, then we will not escape His judgment. May G-d help us not to be critical of others.
- The third area is passivity. A passive mind is very dangerous, because an empty mind is a place the devil can easily enter and dump his garbage. In 1Peter 5:8, the Scripture warns: “Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” (Also Luke 11:24-26, illustrates the danger of the devil’s returning to an empty place: he does so with a vengeance.) When we are not moving against the devil, he is winning the war (1Peter 5:9).
- The final type of mind set is the one which G-d designed us to have. It is an active and cautious mind filled with peace and joy. He wants us to meditate on positive and uplifting thoughts, rather than being consumed with the woes of life. Phil 4:8 instructs: “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.”
Instead of awakening “on the wrong side of the bed,” let’s begin our day with praise and thanksgiving! An excellent goal for us is what the Orthodox Jews strive to do daily: to thank G-d everyday at least hundred times.
Below are some things which you can add to your morning wake-up:
- Thank You, G-d, for a good night’s sleep!
- Thank You for another new day that will be filled with Your blessings!
- Thank You for the good things You are going to do todays!
- I love You and praise You for Your goodness, for Your salvation!
“O G-d, we never cease to be overwhelmed by Your love!!! Your tender guidance draws us ever near. We worship You, our King. Thank You for sending Your Son to die on the cross that we might have life and life abundantly. We worship You!!! We ask that You turn our hearts to repentance that we might once again be a nation which proclaims You and Your Word. Bless Israel and give her peace. In the Name of our Messiah, Yeshua, we pray.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Prayer for ISIS to be stopped; protection of believers
- Sa’ed (the Iranian-American pastor who was recently released from Iranian prison) and his wife: their marriage. And unity of their family.
- Dave Davis (pastor of Kehilat haCarmel in Haifa) is very ill; he’s in Mexico for treatment.
- 2-year old Grandson (Mary & Joe Benton): Dad has been assigned to David-Monthan!! Please pray little Joshua’s healing.
- Tere: healing .
- Marsha (Rhonda’s friend): friend’s husband has end stage renal failure. Encouragement and peace.
- April (Betty & Harold Olson’s daughter): diagnosed with cancer. Payer for healing and restoration.
- Betty (Don’s mom): peace.
- Prayer for those who are in financial or emotional difficulties.
- Pray for America.
- Paul & Lynn Mann: total restoration.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
Read all He is doing through prayer!
- Pamela’s miracle at work.
- Mary and Joe Benton’s son is now in Tucson! Grandson’s blood counts remained steady through the trip.
- Despite cesarean complications, Ellie (Chantell’s daughter) and Chantell are each healthy!
- April (Betty & Harold’s daughter): scan came back showing no cancer in her brain!!
- Co-worker’s hubbie (Lori): released from ICU, after having grand mal seizures
- Families are being reunited!
- Grandson (Les’a and Don): spared and visited by an angel.
- Connie is getting stronger everyday … and able to come to Service last week.