Running, running, running …
Running, running, running from one commitment to another. Does this characterize your life?
Scripture admonishes G-d’s followers to work with all diligence and excellence.
- Ezra (the Scribe & Priest to whom is credited Parashah reading) recounted that work was being done with great care. “…and this work is going on with great care and is succeeding in their hands,” Ezra 5:8c.
Proverbs explains that one’s work results in reward and in profit:
- “One can be filled with good as the result of one’s words, and one gets the reward one’s deeds deserve,” Prov 12:14.
- “In all labor there is profit, But mere talk leads only to poverty.” Proverbs 14:23.
And in the Brit Hadashah (Apostolic Scriptures aka the New Testament), Paul expounds that the L-rd’s followers are to finish a project with zeal, just like they were when they the project. i.e. He instructed believers not to quit or fizzle out.
- “But now finish doing it also, so that just as there was the readiness to desire it, so there may be also the completion of it by your ability,” 2 Corinthians 8:11.
With each project, task, or ‘thing to do’ we are to be do and complete them with excellence, because all work is unto the L-rd. But, how can we complete everything with excellence that is laid before us when our plates are so full? Our Gabbai recently did an excellent teaching. He encouraged us to work each day to our best, accomplish all that we can, and then to rest on Shabbat.
G-d’s Word reminds us to “Remember the day, Shabbat, to set it apart for God. You have six days to labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Shabbat for Adonai your God. On it, you are not to do any kind of work.,” Ex 20:8-10. Even if we are unable to complete all our tasks during the week, we are to stop and not do any type of work on Shabbat. And in so doing, we will follow our L-rd’s instructions. A benefit: we will be able to tackle the new week with renewed and refreshed zeal.
The High Holy days begin in just 36 days. Let us, beginning with me, work to slow down to ready ourselves for His Holy Days. And the reward for working diligently all week long is His rest and refreshment on Shabbat.
Shabbat shalom! … enjoy His day of rest after your week of diligence
“Glorious mighty L-rd, thank You for being our Saviour! We love You! We pray that You help us to walk in Your precepts of work and Shabbat rest. We lift up those who are continuing to undergo spiritual attack – help us to be sensitive to intercede for them. Heal our land. Heal Israel. Bring Your peace. Bring Your prophets. In the holy Name of our Messiah, Yeshua, we pray.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church.
- Pray for America.
- Attack on our loved ones to be broken and stopped.
- Tere: healing and wisdom in direction
- Donna: healing
- Deb: victory over overwhelming circumstances. Encouragement!! God will provide; prayer for wisdom and favor with all those involved in the decision-making. Protection from false accusations and that truth, victory, and peace will reign. That Deb’s spirit will be lifted up: that she will have the words and clarity of mind to accomplish what needs to be done. That there will be a miraculously successful outcome of fairness and provision for her future.
- Mom (Don’s mom): direction as to where to live
- Connie: healing – total healing!
- Jim: recovery knee replacement surgery, healing. That he will be pain-free.
- Norman: job
- Brother-in-Law (Norman George): healing
- Shar: overcoming and sense of purpose
- Carla: continued healing.
- Prayer for wisdom and favor as we encounter suffering people.
- REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
- REVIVAL in Arizona
- FRIENDS: many of our friends are hurting physically and emotionally.
- FAMILIES & MARRIAGES: strong, healthy and Christ-centered; spiritual, mental, and emotional healing. God will bring families together. Spirit of division will cease. Family relationships healed! Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
- PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
- Protection of believers all over the world.
- Encouragement for the heavy-hearted
- Bevin (Les’a’s friend’s husband): physical and emotional healing.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
Read all He is doing through prayer!
- Grandson (Les’a and Don): spared and visited by an angel.
- Connie is getting stronger everyday … and able to come to Service last week.
- Norman’s brother-in-law has been moved to a regular hospital room!
- Maggie (Les’a’s sister in law): She continues to become stronger and stronger. She’s got an amazing attitude, she uses her time in dialysis as an opportunity to bring hope to others. (She is doing amazingly well!! Thank you for your prayers!!! Everyday she is getting strong!!! // 6 wks ago: She has awakened! She has phenomenally improved!!! //She is in rehab. Restoration is happening: her voice is almost back to normal, she has use of her hands, and she can walk a bit with a cane!)
- Deb got a job!!!
- Joe & Mary Benton : they’re returning from an excellent time in Okinawa and family time..
- Dawn: family is turning to HaShem!
- Connie: good report from doctor – please pray for total healing!
- Alex’s aunt did not need chemo!