Week 15, year 2! (Sunday-Shabbat)
“In the seventh month, on the first of the month, there shall be a sabbath for you, a remembrance with shofar blasts, a holy convocation,”Leviticus 16:24.
The High Holy Days are here!!!
The month of Tishrei begins Sunday evening, Sept 16, 2012. There are three major Biblical festivals in this one month: Rosh haShanah (aka Feast of Trumpets; Lev. 23:23; Num. 29:1- 6), Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement), and Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles or Booths).
Many Americans use January 1, New Year’s Day, as a time to plan a better life, making "resolutions." However, those who closely follow the Bible do not look at “resolutions” as a one-day evaluation/decision. During the month of Elul (the month before Rosh haShanah), we focused on our spiritual life, God’s love for us, His attributes of mercy, and our love for Him. This period helped ready us to meet the Lord on the High Holy Days.
Can we even count the ways that during this brief 4 weeks that the Lord has gently shown us, individually, His love and His desire for us to re-align of our spiritual direction. He revealed areaswhere we each need to ‘tighten up our walks before Him’, ways we can be more pleasing to Him. Hasn’t it been an amazing experience??!! Stretching, yes; but good, because we know in whose hands we have entrusted our lives.
Rosh haShanah begins the day after Elul finishes.The shofar (ram’s horn or trumpet) is blown on Rosh Hashanah to herald the High Holy Days. It is blown to awaken those who are spiritually sleeping and calls worshippers to turn to God. It also announces that a great event is about to take place.
This year, we are again going to have exciting time during these days! Last year the Lord met us in amazing ways – let’s get ready for what the He is going to do this year!!! Come to each of the Festivals with expectancy in your heart!
Exercise: greet one another with “Shanah tova!” Happy New Year!
“Glorious Father! The month of Elul has been a great experience – thank You for having helped us prepare spiritually for Your festivals. We come with expectancy in our hearts – thank You for loving us even more than we can imagine – even more than we love ourselves. Bless each intercessor with favor in the work place – help us to be blessings to our co-workers. Help us to be good stewards and to get out of debt by the end of 2012. Bless our children and families. Help them to know You and to walk in Your ways. Be with our soldiers – thank You for their voluntary service. Heal the sick among us. Bring Your peace to J’lem. Turn our country back to You. In Your most holy Name, we pray.”
Read what He is doing this year through prayer!
1. Harold: a fantastic word about his new job!!! TYJ!
2. John (Phyllis): going to AA everyday and is determined to make good decisions. He and his wife are speaking!! Hallelujah!!
3. Maxine’s baptism: amazing and refreshing for all – especially her!
4. Rudy (Les’a’s friend’s son): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications – improvement and is able to have part-time job. Please continue to pray for total restoration.
5. Debbie’s and Dennis’ trips to see families: very good.
6. Deb: trip to ABQ to see father, was very special. We enjoyed our time & experiences during my visit, & seeds of love, devotion, & hope, were planted.
7. Daughter (Tere): successful out-patient surgery to remove fatty tissue cyst on leg.
8. Joe: procedure: revealed no problems! Prayers they determine what is causing him the pain.
9. Ramon (Krinskys): PSA count went from 4.0 to 0.0!! Doctor was extremely pleased and said he didn’t need to see him for 6 months.
10. Bob (Maxine & Joe’s friend): excellent report from Mayo Clinic
11. Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): appears to continue doing better. Prayers that she continues with treatment.
12. Betty& Harold: new jobs!
13. Les’a & Don: God healed our water softener – repairman asked his Bible study to agree with himJ
14. Family members are opening to the Word and prayer!
15. Matthew (Frank): decided to stay in rehab!! Pray for total deliverance.
16. Frank’s trip: good report
17. Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
18. Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
19. Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
20. Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
21. Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
22. Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
23. Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
24. Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
25. Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
26. Norman G: finished back taxes!
27. Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
28. Maxine: pain-free
29. Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
30. Marita: “Prayer Tools on your website is very popular.” It is being read in Israel, South Africa & France and is being translated into Spanish!!! May His Word continue to go forth!
31. Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian turns to God for comfort during his grieving.
32. Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
33. Operation Jericho answers are coming!
34. Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
35. Natan came home 3 weeks ago! Thank you for your prayers for his safety and continued prayers for his re-entry into family life.
36. Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
37. Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
38. God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
39. Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
40. Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
41. Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
42. Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments– & full schedules!
43. Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
44. Bonnie: family visit was excellent
45. Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
46. Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
47. Lynn Mann: total healing from foot surgery.
Listen to what our LORD did last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.
Prayer: Are we willing to continue your commitment to praying 15 minutes a day for a year? Reminder: Don’t forget even baby steps are answers!
· PJ: truth will be obvious. God will give PJ great wisdom and much favor.
· Leonard (Phyllis’ brother): healing; food will stay down.
· Les’a: wisdom and direction
· Bev & Ruben: God will restoreall that was stolen from their home. That David will turn away from his destructive ways and to the God of his parents. God’s peace will reign!
· Joanne (Dawn): 84 yrs and not well. Please pray for her salvation
· Laura (Norman G): unspoken; prayer for Steven as he begins life since his wife’s death
· Maxine, Bonnie, Jim, Joe, and all others: healing and vitality.
· Brother (Doc): healing spiritually and physically.
· Ron (Debbie & Dennis): light stroke; no apparent damage; air lifted to UMC. Prayer for total restoration.
· PJ & Tracy: house and finances.
· Danielle (Phyllis): pray for deliverance, healing, stability for boys
· Joe: doctors will determine cause for pain
· Son (Les’a’s co-worker’s son): healing and motivation
· Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): will continue in therapy.
· Becca (Tracy’s friend): continued healing from surgery. Know the Lord as Savior.
· Krinskys: sale of home and moving mercies
· Natan and Chantell: finances and transition into ‘normal God-centered life’
· Natan: PTSD – transition home and all will quickly “be on the same page”
· Son (John): divorce and custody, know the God of his father
· John: correct medicine will be prescribed and there will be no side effects
· Families: please pray that God will intervene and bring His peace and righteousness to these families.
· Uncle (Deb): cancer
· Father (Deb): seek medical needed medical assistance to be able to regain mobility
· Friends and family (Deb): close relationship with the Messiah
· Rhonda: stress & car issues.
· Unspoken: spiritual battles. Pray that His love & truth will prevail.
· Jobs: favor and wisdom
· Pamela: job direction
· Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2012!
· Lori: God’s intervention and total resolution.
· Bonnie: work comes early in the week – with no technical difficulties.
· Prayers for our country and revival.
· Nathan (Jeannette’s son in law): encouragement and support as he works with patients.
· Prayers for victims and their families in the heinous movie theater shootingin Aurora, CO.
· Prayer for victims and their families of the heinous acts of terror against Israeli tourists in Bulgaria.
· Tere: 2-year legal proceeding regarding mother’s care to come to a close quickly. And with a positive outcome.
· Phyllis & Maxine: pain-free, energy, and vitality.
· Tsilla (Debbie): depression
· Prayer for our soldiers: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
· Jordan (Les’a & Don): Navy Boot Camp – prayer for him & his family.
· Kyle (Yvonne’s son): heart to the Lord – heaviness of depression to lift.
· Debbie & Dennis (& us all!!): God will lead and guide our footsteps and use us to minister to others.
· Another family reunion: joyous time of togetherness
· Group in Yellowstone: prayer to break strongholds over the area.
· Cynthia: lawsuit against her parents and their food bank ministry. Pray suit will be dropped & healing will result.
· Isabel Mercedes Celis (6-year old Tucson girl who was abducted April 21): pray for safety and return to her family.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Marita (in Israel): prayer for total healing from kidney stones. She does much for the Kingdom!
- Jeff & Paul (Paul & Lynn Mann): healing from knee surgeries.
- Krys (Les’a’s co-worker’s husband): serious problems caused by Parkinson's.
- Susie (Bonnie): from previous cervical fusion, one of the screws started migrating and was pushing at her esophagus threatening a puncture. Had surgery Thursday. Prayer for recovery and acceptance of Jesus.
- Bud (Tracy’s father): continued healing; insurance issues resolved.
- Bonnie: healing with oxygen levels.
- Christopher & Liz (Maxine): she has ovarian cancer, resulting in financial problems. Pray for encouragement.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
- Jeanne (Bonnie’s friend): stage 4 ovarian cancer. Salvation and healing with the understanding it was God Who healed her.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listed.
- God will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS BRING GREAT RESULTS: