It is well with my soul!
My plans versus actuality
Our daughter’s first child was to be dedicated to the L-rd on April 3 in Tulsa. As we were boarding the plane, we received a call that my mother-in-law became seriously ill; we needed to leave the airport’s boarding gate to return to care for her. Yonah and Bobby, understandingly, rescheduled the dedication until May 1. On April 29, we again went to the airport for a flight to Tulsa. However, due to immense storms in Dallas, we had to wait for hours at the Tucson gate for the weather to clear. After 4 hours of waiting, we were quickly ushered onboard. The captain announced that our plane would be the next one to take off. 45 minutes later, the plane taxied back to the Tucson gate and we were told to disembark. (One of the stewardesses would have been in overtime.) At the end of 6 hours of waiting, we were told our flight had now been canceled; we would not get to Tulsa until the next night. All 150 of us passengers were disappointed. But, you know what? I didn’t hear one negative comment nor grumbling! I found that, in itself, to be a huge miracle. The L-rd worked it out that they were able to put us not on the evening flight but on one that would leave at 5:55am the next morning!
During the day before’ s wait for the plane to leave, someone asked if I were frustrated and upset. No; I knew in my spirit that He was ordering our footsteps. I didn’t know what His plan was … but I knew He had something in store. Though I didn’t have a clue what, I felt strongly He was arranging details. When we returned home that night from the aborted flight, the L-rd, through the airline, gave us a travel voucher which paid for my airfare to see my mother the next week! Isn’t He wonderful!
During all the hours we were waiting, was I being “Pollyanna positive”? No. Was I being overly calm and patient? No. He gave me His peace! He enabled me to relax in His peace, trusting Him to bring about His plan.
As we encounter various frustrations, I believe it is important for us all to remember: ‘are we going to let temporal circumstances, impact our view of eternal truths?’ Are we going to allow difficulties to steal our peace? The Scripture tells us that frustrating present circumstances are not what is eternal. What is eternal is His Word and He promises “For the joy of the LORD is your [our] strength,” Neh 8:10b. Isn’t that great news!!! In Him, we have our trust!
So, with all of today’s stresses and challenges, how can it be ‘well with my soul’; how can we experience His peace and joy? We can trust in Him and in His Word!
PRAYER: “Father, thank You for ordering our footsteps according to Your plan. Help us to look not at current circumstances, but to look to You and to Your Word. You are such a loving G-d; thank You!!! We pray for our country — for You divine intervention that we will be a country that represents You in all we do and say. Bring Your peace to Your holy City, Jerusalem, and to Your Land, Israel. In the mighty Name of our soon-coming Messiah, Yeshua. Amen ”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Families in crisis
- Les’a: traveling mercies; divine appointments; all is well with her mother
- Protection for pastors
- HEALING and PEACE for all!!!
- PJ: tumor
- Rhonda & Aunt (Norman George’s): healing!
- Olsens: wisdom & peace
- Tere & Deb: healing!!!
- 2-year old Grandson (Mary & Joe Benton): Please pray little Joshua’s healing.
- April (Betty & Harold Olson’s daughter): diagnosed with cancer. Payer for healing and restoration.
- Don’s family: his mother passed away two weeks ago.
- Sa’ed (the Iranian-American pastor who was recently released from Iranian prison) and his wife: their marriage. And unity of their family.
- Marsha (Rhonda’s friend): friend’s husband has end stage renal failure. Encouragement and peace.
- Shar (Lori and Les’a’s friend): peace and physical and emotional strength
- Pray: for ISIS to be stopped; protection of believers
- Pray: for victims of terror and their families
- Pray: for those who are in financial or emotional difficulties.
- Pray for America.
- Paul & Lynn Mann: total restoration.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
Read all G-d is doing through prayer!
- Coles: amazing trip with many G-d-ordained appointments
- Georges: great trip!
- Oxana’s grandbaby, even after struggle with birth, born healthy!
- 3 other babies born healthy!!
- David Davis (pastor of Kehilat haCarmel in Haifa) has completed his extensive treatment in Mexico and has returned to Haifa!
- April: good report from doctor!
- Tracy’s infection didn’t spread to her bones!
- Shar (Les’a’s friend): house sold!!!