Here We Are!
By Les’a Cole (Here We Are — caronavirus-1)
March 9th, we all enjoyed Purim was a joyous celebration with lots of Hamentaschen cookies. Life in America was great.
Just a week later, the entire world, as we knew it, changed. Grocery store shelves were empty. Schools and businesses closed. Why? Because of a ‘silent enemy,’ Coronavirus, which has lead to a world-wide pandemic.
For months – yes, for years – at CFS we have prayed and fasted for our nation. As a body, we have participated in many Jericho Fasts* for our nation. We have yearned to see God heal our land. To bring righteousness to the USA and to Israel.
These Jericho Fasts* have been a training ground, a spiritual bootcamp, for preparation for today’s COVID-19. It is interesting, how many are sensing this pandemic is another preparation.
President Trump Calls for Day of Prayer
March 13: President Donald Trump announced:
“It is my great honor to declare, March 15, as a National Day of Prayer. We are a Country that, throughout our history, has looked to God for protection and strength in times like these. No matter where you may be, I encourage you to turn towards prayer in an act of faith. Together, we will easy PREVAIL!”
Application to us
- Deut 31:8c: “Do not fear nor be dismayed.”
- Is 43:1b “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.”!!!
Now, is the time for us to stand fast. Be calm. YHVH has prepared us for this time; He has trained us in spiritual bootcamps.
Fill these days of social distancing with YHVH:
- Let us pray. Call a friend in the Congregation and intercede with them for others.
- Continue reading and studying His Word.
- Consider a Jericho Fast*. (This doesn’t have to be a total fast or even a liquid fast. Give up something you enjoy eating/doing. Spend that extra time in prayer.)
Let us remember
The powerful Purim theme: for such a time as this He created us — to change history!