God’s Festivals: Passover, Unleavened Bread, & First Fruits
The first festivals of God’s sacred calendar are: Passover, followed by Unleavened Bread, and First Fruits. The LORD instructs that we are to observe His festivals forever; and that we are to explain them to our children. Yeshua, Himself, stated, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you,” Luke 22:15, NIV.
24“Obey these instructions as a lasting ordinance for you and your descendants. 25 When you enter the land that the LORD will give you as he promised, observe this ceremony. 26 And when your children ask you, ‘What does this ceremony mean to you?’ 27 then tell them, ‘It is the Passover sacrifice to the LORD, who passed over the houses of the Israelites in Egypt and spared our homes when he struck down the Egyptians.’” Then the people bowed down and worshiped.” Ex 12:24-27
CHALLENGE: bow down & worship God when He instructs us! (as opposed to resisting Him)
Unleavened Bread (Hag haMatzot):
23“On the fifteenth day of that month the LORD ‘s Feast of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast,” Lev 23:6
CHALLENGE: eat nothing with leavening for seven days.
First Fruits (Bikurim):
The 16th of Nisan is the festival of First Fruits. (Lev 23:9-14) Today Jews rarely celebrate First Fruits; however, it is the resurrection of our Messiah. “But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep,” I Cor 15:20 (also verses 22-23; also Luke 24:44-47)
CHALLENGE: meditate on all the Messiah’s death & resurrection gave to us, His followers.
“Father, you have blessed us with the opportunity to be allowed to intercede for the needs of others. Some answers come within a few days, others may take weeks or months. Regardless of what we see with our natural eyes, we know that You are working. Help us to continue to be faithful in intercession! We pray for the Syrians and the persecuted church. Bring Your peace to Jerusalem and to our nation. In Your holy Name, Yeshua, we pray.
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Israel’s safety will not be compromised
- Peace for the Syrians and persecuted church
- USA: Wisdom for our leadership and their health, their direction. Prayer for their safety.
- Total healing physical and spiritual for all we know and love! Lenore, Tere, Connie, Dawn, Maggie, Joe, Donna’s friend, etc.
- Howells: needed sale
- Pray for healing and direction of the US – prayer that evil will be exposed and silenced.
- Pray for Israel – unity and peace
- Protection of the persecuted church
- PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!