“ You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up,” Deut 6:7, of the Shema.
A couple of months ago, Don decided that we should put a mezuzah on the entrance to the sanctuary of our congregation. It is a mitzvah to put up the mezuzah; it is good to touch and pray each time we pass by the mezuzah. However, to get into the habit of “seeing” that mezuzah, each time I pass by it, has taken some time. Now, several weeks later … I am “seeing” it.
The mezuzahs that I most love are the one going into the garage and the one going into the sanctuary. The first because that brief moment of pausing at the mezuzah causes me to refocus my busy life onto Him; the other gives me an opportunity to pray for individuals by name in our congregation.
Doing His mitzvot causes us to develop good habits…. ones where we can impact other’s lives. And, in the end, they will become family traditions!
The Shema, Deut 6:4-9, instructs us to diligently teach God’s precepts to our children and to constantly talk about them wherever we are. And in the end, His precepts will become our habits.
“Thank You, heavenly Father for all Your workings! We praise and glorify Your holy Name – You and You alone are worthy of our praises! We love You. We bless You!! Touch our friends and family who are struggling. Heal those who are hurting. Heal finances. Heal marriages. Heal sick bodies. Help us to focus on developing good habits, that we can walk in Your mitzvot. Be with the Apple of Your Eye, Jerusalem – minister in and through believers there and in our country. Bring Your peace to Israel. In the Name of our soon-coming Messiah, Yeshua, we ask these things. Amen.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church.
- Pray for the emotional turmoil of many around us.
- Unspoken: prayer for wisdom and favor. That truth, victory, and peace will reign.
- Prayer for wisdom and favor as we encounter suffering people.
- Brother (Les’a): traveling safety and wisdom for a good outcome. And prayer for his family while he is away.
- Granddaughter (Rhonda & Norm): successful surgery.
- Connie: healing; successful surgery.
- Pregnant daughter (Debbie in Houston): prayer that complications will absolve and that baby and mother will be healthy
- Marita (Israel): health and renewed vitality
- Cynthia (who’s relocated near family in Louisiana): favor for a job, healing for her sister, godly relationships
- PJ: total body healing.
- Jobs: Pamela, Norman G., PJ, Natan and his new military assignment.
- REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
- REVIVAL in Arizona
- FRIENDS: many of our friends are hurting physically and emotionally.
- FAMILIES & MARRIAGES: strong, healthy and Christ-centered; spiritual, mental, and emotional healing. God will bring families together. Spirit of division will cease. Family relationships healed! Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
- PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
- Protection of believers all over the world.
- Encouragement for the heavy-hearted
- Paul: total restoration including walking.
- Dan & Sara (Art’s son and daughter in law): come together spiritually and emotionally – wisdom and favor for Art.
- Bevin (Les’a’s friend’s husband): physical and emotional healing.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
- John: health and vibrancy