G-d bless America!
This week’s focus is to intercede for our nation. We are blessed to be Americans!! …what an amazing country the L-rd has given us!! Truly we live in the “land of the free and the home of the brave.” The land of bounty. But these blessings have been paid for with a price (I encourage you to watch the excellent video about the signers of the Declaration of Independence. .
Each of these signers paid a price for the freedoms we depend upon each day. Are we, also, willing to pay for our freedom? We think: “I’m only one person; I am so over-busy. What can “I” do to help my country?”
Studies show that the average person wastes approximately 2 hours everyday at traffic lights, surfing the net, playing video games, etc. But, what if we took 10 minutes every day this week and prayed – really prayed, even fasted – for this great republic? We could be part of a ground swell of bringing G-d back into everyday life in our country. The L-rd has given us two powerful verses with promises for our living peaceful lives and for G-d’s healing for our land:
“ I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people: for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness, 1Tim 2:1-2, NIV.
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land,” 2 Chron 7:14, NIV.
CHALLENGE: Will you take the challenge and pray 10 minutes each day this week for our country?
7 Prayer points for this week:
- Pray that America will stand strong in support of Israel
- Pray that Americans will understand that our nation’s strength comes from God, not from our own ingenuity.
- Pray for our nation’s young people; that G-d will protect them from the myriad of negative influences in our secular culture.
- Pray that authentic Christians will model Christ’s love in workplaces throughout America.
- Pray that our nation’s leaders will make wise decisions regarding the problems our country is facing.
- Pray for our troops serving in Afghanistan, Iraq and throughout the world. Ask the Lord to comfort, protect and guide them and keep their families back home strong.
- Pray for families and marriages.
“Thank You L-rd for entrusting this great nation to us. What a heritage You have given us. Help us to pray 10 minutes each day this week for healing of our land. Bring Your peace to J’lem. Protect our soldiers – bring them home safe and be with their families – help them to grow ever closer. Heal Maggie, Maxine, Joe, Bonnie, Joe, Connie, Paul, all those with health issues. Bless our families, bring them together to serve You. Protect our soldiers and their families – bring revival to our land. We worship You, mighty Father.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church.
- Pray for America.
- Deb: victory over overwhelming circumstances. Encouragement!! God will provide; prayer for wisdom and favor with all those involved in the decision-making. Protection from false accusations and that truth, victory, and peace will reign. That Deb’s spirit will be lifted up: that she will have the words and clarity of mind to accomplish what needs to be done. That there will be a miraculously successful outcome of fairness and provision for her future.
- Connie: healing – total healing!