FAME is a 4-letter word
When we think of fame, we often think about having notoriety, being esteemed, excelling, etc. At the 1999 TV Hall Of Fame ceremony, the gentle and much-loved ordained Presbyterian minister Mr. Rogers, from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood explained what fame was to him.
“Fame,” he said “is a 4-letter word like tape or zoom or face or pain or life or love. What ultimately matters is what we do with it.” He went on and explained “those of us in television are chosen to be servants. It doesn’t matter what our particular job, we are chosen to help meet the deeper need of those who watch or listen.”
I was struck by the awareness of the responsibility he felt toward those who watched his show. As believers, we also need to be aware of how our actions impact others, Yeshua instructed “In the same way, let your light shine before people, so that they may see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven,” Matt 5:16 CJB.
Secretly we may each yearn for appreciation, respect, even notoriety, but our focus ought to be walking in His ways and, thereby, impacting and meeting the needs of those across whose path we walk. As each of us reflects Him, we will see our world changed….our country will turn back to the G-d of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
BOTTOMLINE: Let’s not harbor sensitivities about other’s responses to us, whether fame, esteem, or disrespect. Instead let’s focus on Him and how we can meet other’s needs.
“Mighty G-d! It is all about You! Help us to get our feelings out of the way – and to focus on You. Help our walks to reflect Your goodness. We pray that our first thoughts will be about You, and not about us. We ask that You touch the bodies of those who have had surgery or are struggling physically or emotionally. Heal our land. Help us, as individuals and as a country, to stand firm with Israel. Bring Your peace to Israel. In Your most holy Name, we pray. ”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church.
- Pray for America.
- Women of Valor Bible Study – that we will move to a new level in prayer with Him!
- Attack on our loved ones to be broken and stopped.
- Connie: surgery – total healing!
- Donna: recovery from surgery
- Jim: recovery knee replacement surgery, healing. That he will be pain-free.
- Tere: healing and wisdom in direction
- Deb: victory and direction!!!
- Paul Mann: total restoration.
- 2-year old Grandson (Mary & Joe Benton): healing miracle! Tumor to shrink. Be able to be airlifted to the US.