Elul — week 4 — to love Him
Week 14, year 2 (Sunday-Shabbat)
We are beginning the 4th and final week of the month of Elul. This week, we are focusing on love. God’s love for us – and our love for Him!
Baruch haShem Adonai! (Blessed be the Name of the LORD)
Our Heavenly Father knows every hair on our heads, or lack thereof. In spite of knowing that we would fail Him (& ourselves) many times, He chose us! Think about this: the King of the Universe, the Creator of all loves us!!! Pretty amazing; I don’t know how many of us would actually choose ourselves, especially fore-knowing all the foibles we would have. But His Word tells us that “He so loved the world that He sent His ONLY begotten son …[we] shall have eternal life." John 3:16, NASB.
Yes, He loved us on Calvary, but everyday He continues to show His love to us. He instructs us three times to love the Him, the LORDour God, with all our hearts: “you are to love Adonai your God with all your heart, all your being and all your resources,” Deut 6:5, Complete Jewish Bible; Matt 22:37; Luke 10:27. Note: this command is not only in the Tanach (Old Testament) but Yeshua (Jesus) quoted it in Matt 22 and in Luke, He acknowledged that followers are to heed that instruction.
As you listen to this song, meditate on how our loving Lord chose “us”! Baruch HaShem Adonai beautifully expresses our heart’s desire.
Thank you for emailing ways He showed you His mercy. Testimonies of His mercy last week:
1. He has shown us miniscule signs of families’ and marriages’ coming together.
2. Children growing in spiritual maturity and others desiring to learn more.
3. God’s long-suffering with our resistance to change – and giving us the desire to correct our courses.
4. Favor at work.
5. God’s provision & financial miracles.
6. Physical healings.
7. Peace and strength during trying times.
8. Restoration of joy in our hearts.
Assignment: email or text me 2 ways you have shown HaShem that you love Him – this next week.
“Mighty, precious Father, we again thank You for Your amazing interventions into our lives! Help our eyes to be open to seeing Your hand at work. We bless You, our God. Thank You for Your touching our families – bring them into dynamic relationships with You, heal their lives and ours. Heal their bodies and ours. Heal their finances and ours. Heal our country. Be with our soldiers – we bless them in Your holy Name. Give wisdom to the leaders of our nation and to the leaders of Israel. Bring Your peace to J’lem. In Your holy Name, we pray. ”
Read what He is doing this year through prayer!
1. Rudy (Les’a’s friend’s son): cracked skull resulting in major mental complications – improvement and is able to have part-time job. Please continue to pray for total restoration.
2. Debbie’s and Dennis’ trips to see families: very good.
3. Deb: trip to ABQ to see father, was very special. We enjoyed our time & experiences during my visit, & seeds of love, devotion, & hope, were planted.
4. Daughter (Tere): successful out-patient surgery to remove fatty tissue cyst on leg.
5. Joe: procedure: revealed no problems! Prayers they determine what is causing him the pain.
6. Ramon (Krinskys): PSA count went from 4.0 to 0.0!! Doctor was extremely pleased and said he didn’t need to see him for 6 months.
7. Bob (Maxine & Joe’s friend): excellent report from Mayo Clinic
8. Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): appears to continue doing better. Prayers that she continues with treatment.
9. Betty& Harold: new jobs!
10. Les’a & Don: God healed our water softener – repairman asked his Bible study to agree with himJ
11. Family members are opening to the Word and prayer!
12. Matthew (Frank): decided to stay in rehab!! Pray for total deliverance.
13. Frank’s trip: good report
14. Olympic Runner Paul Ryan: announces God is his coach
15. Gabby Douglas: gives God glory for her Olympic gold medals in gymnastics.
16. Many little signs of His involvement in various situations all week – He is continuing to move – and we get to be part!!!!! Yes, we are His elite soldiers!
17. Jeff (Paul & Lynn’s son): GRE tests went very well!
18. Jeannette: camping was trip great with unexpected blessings.
19. Sylvia Powell (friend of Jeannette): family adjusting well without her.
20. Suzi (Jeannette’s friend): recovering from knee replacement – pray for continued healing.
21. Hawkins (soldier friend of Natan’s who was hurt in explosion in Afghanistan): he is doing well.
22. Infant Maxwell (parents are missionaries to Poland): 10 weeks old and over 12 pounds. Still tired and sleeps nearly all day, but nursing well. Pray his heart shows improvement, so he can go off meds. The family is “forever and a day grateful that you prayed for his life!”
23. Norman G: finished back taxes!
24. Bonnie: huge blessing regarding work hours.
25. Maxine: pain-free
26. Maxine & Joe: trip was fantastic
27. Marita: “Prayer Tools on your website is very popular.” It is being read in Israel, South Africa & France and is being translated into Spanish!!! May His Word continue to go forth!
28. Brian (Paul): received the Lord! Pray Brian turns to God for comfort during his grieving.
29. Men’s meeting: good food; great fellowship; interesting discussion. – if you’re a guy, don’t miss the next meeting!
30. Operation Jericho answers are coming!
31. Lori received medical report showing improvement!! Pray for 100% healing.
32. Natan came home 3 weeks ago! Thank you for your prayers for his safety and continued prayers for his re-entry into family life.
33. Jim received an excellent report from doctor!!!
34. Bonnie: mechanical miracle with medical device – huge blessing!
35. God again spared Natan and others from insidious attacks by the enemy – an explosion was only 40 meters away. (As Natan put it, had it been closer it would have been a ‘bad day’!)
36. Quinton (Art’s grandson): born healthy!
37. Family reunions continue to occur – pray that they will all be joyous!! To date, good reports from all reunions!!
38. Lori (Norman G’s daughter): approval at new job. Please pray for housing.
39. Pamela and Norman: have work – hallelujah! Let us pray they have divine appointments– & full schedules!
40. Friend (Dawn): Court ruled earthly justice. Pray for emotional and spiritual healing for all.
41. Bonnie: family visit was excellent
42. Don: trip for his mom’s 90th bday was terrific!
43. Les’a: unexpected financial blessing (insurance company suddenly paid 100% of $219 vaccine, which previously they would said they would not!) TYL! – let us continue to pray we will all be debt-free, except for housing, by the end of 2012.
44. Lynn Mann: total healing from foot surgery.
Listen to what our LORD did last year!!
1. He has miraculously saved lives physically and spiritually.
2. He has healed many from surgeries and sicknesses.
3. He intervened and a 7-week premature baby was born healthy and continues to thrive a year later.
4. He is mending many, manyfamily relationships.
5. He opened doors where there were none.
6. He has provided many with employment.
7. He has touched finances.
8. He has protected our soldier.
9. He has taught us to be consistent and persevering in prayer.
Prayer:Are we willing to continue your commitment to praying 15 minutes a dayfor a year? Reminder: Don’t forget even baby steps are answers!
· Maxine’s baptism & traveling mercies for family coming in for this special event.
· Bev & Ruben: God will restoreall that was stolen from their home. That David will turn away from his destructive ways and to the God of his parents. God’s peace will reign!
· Joanne (Dawn): 84 yrs and not well. Please pray for her salvation
· Laura (Norman G): unspoken
· Bonnie, Jim, Doc, Joe, and all others: healing and vitality.
· Brother (Doc): healing spiritually and physically.
· Ron (Debbie & Dennis): light stroke; no apparent damage; air lifted to UMC. Prayer for total restoration.
· PJ: Army National Guard transfer to Tucson& travel arrangements for training settled.
· PJ & Tracy: house and finances.
· Danielle (Phyllis): pray for deliverance, healing, stability for boys
· Joe: doctors will determine cause for pain
· Son (Les’a’s co-worker’s son): healing and motivation
· Adriana (Yvonne’s sister): will continue in therapy.
· Les’a: favor regarding Shabbat – HR woman continues to soundvery positiveJ(precedent is being set – top vice presidents and attorneys are analyzing the situation – thank you for continuing to stand!)
· Becca (Tracy’s friend): continued healing from surgery. Know the Lord as Savior.
· Krinskys: sale of home and moving mercies
· Natan: school schedule and ease of transition into classes.
· Natan and Chantell: finances and transition into ‘normal God-centered life’
· Natan: PTSD – transition home and all will quickly “be on the same page”
· Son (John): divorce and custody, know the God of his father
· John: correct medicine will be prescribed and there will be no side effects
· Families: please pray that God will intervene and bring His peace and righteousness to these families.
· Ray & Sharon (Directors & Founders of Christian Friends of Israel): home broken into and many items stolen or broken
· Uncle (Deb): cancer
· Father (Deb): seek medical needed medical assistance to be able to regain mobility
· Friends and family (Deb): close relationship with the Messiah
· Rhonda: stress & car issues.
· Unspoken: spiritual battles. Pray that His love & truth will prevail.
· Jobs: favor and wisdom
· Pamela: job direction
· Pamela & Norman: finances. That we ALL will be debt-free by 12/31/2012!
· Leonard (Phyllis’ bro) removed lymph nodes were cancerous. Please keep him on The Call to Prayer!
· Lori: God’s intervention and total resolution.
· Bob Hart (Les’a & Don): healing.
· Bonnie: work comes early in the week – with no technical difficulties.
· Prayers for our country and revival.
· Nathan (Jeannette’s son in law): encouragement and support as he works with patients.
· Prayers for victims and their families in the heinous movie theater shootingin Aurora, CO.
· Prayer for victims and their families of the heinous acts of terror against Israeli tourists in Bulgaria.
· Tere: 2-year legal proceeding regarding mother’s care to come to a close quickly. And with a positive outcome.
· Phyllis & Maxine: pain-free, energy, and vitality.
· Tsilla (Debbie): depression
· Prayer for our soldiers: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
· Jordan (Les’a & Don): Navy Boot Camp – prayer for him & his family.
· Kyle (Yvonne’s son): heart to the Lord – heaviness of depression to lift.
· Debbie & Dennis (& us all!!): God will lead and guide our footsteps and use us to minister to others.
· Another family reunion: joyous time of togetherness
· Group in Yellowstone: prayer to break strongholds over the area.
· Cynthia: lawsuit against her parents and their food bank ministry. Pray suit will be dropped & healing will result.
· Isabel Mercedes Celis (6-year old Tucson girl who was abducted April 21): pray for safety and return to her family.
Families (all of our families):
- To be whole and walk in the ways of the Lord!
- God to continue strengthening and building family relationships!
- Josiah D: favor, protection & a heart like King David.
- God would bring godly helpmates and partners in ministry: T (Les’a & Don’s friend & a man of God), Cynthia, etc.
- Marita (in Israel): prayer for total healing from kidney stones. She does much for the Kingdom!
- Jeff & Paul (Paul & Lynn Mann): healing from knee surgeries.
- Krys (Les’a’s co-worker’s husband): serious problems caused by Parkinson's.
- Susie (Bonnie): from previous cervical fusion, one of the screws started migrating and was pushing at her esophagus threatening a puncture. Had surgery Thursday. Prayer for recovery and acceptance of Jesus.
- Bud (Tracy’s father): continued healing; insurance issues resolved.
- Bonnie: healing with oxygen levels.
- Christopher & Liz (Maxine): she has ovarian cancer, resulting in financial problems. Pray for encouragement.
- Bob & Pat (Maxine & Joe): healing.
- Jeanne (Bonnie’s friend): stage 4 ovarian cancer. Salvation and healing with the understanding it was God Who healed her.
Call to Prayer intercessors:
- Debt-free by the end of 2012!
- Intercessors for The Call To Prayer: wisdom and tenacity to continue on to see victory!
- Favor & wisdom in the work force: We would be excellent in the work place – even as Joseph, Daniel, etc. were – blessings to the companies because we are there!
- Deb and all those who not listed.
- God will give them fulfilling & rewarding employment where they will have great favor!
Relationship with our Lord:
- 5 grandchildren (Debbie & Dennis): to know the salvation and love of Yeshua.
- David (Bev & Ruben): his mom’s request “he quickly come to the end of himself and look up. Protection for him and all of his family.” Warfare is intense.
- Keith (Dawn’s grandson): come to the God of his parents and grandmother
- The hearts of Americans: turn to God! Our land will be healed.
- Peace of Jerusalem!
- Natan (Les’a and Don’s son and his family) & our soldiers:
- Pray for wisdom, accuracy, and knowledge. God will bring them home whole: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. And God will be with their families.
- God’s wisdom, power, anointing, and favor.
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS BRING GREAT RESULTS:
On the website are answers from year 1 of Call To Prayer: