Elul 3: God’s Mercy
High Holy Days. Mercy (in Hebrew, rachamim, is generally translated: love tenderly, pity, sympathize with, or have compassion on. Mercy includes showing kindness to the undeserving, and forgiving the guilty. We often think of Valentine’s, weddings, and love stories as being love. But our heavenly Father has so much more for us; afterall, it is He Who created love. He is the One Who is the true lover. Only in Him & by following His example are we able to truly love and have mercy for others.
Ex 34:6-7, lists 13 of God’s attributes of mercy: “The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious,long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquityand transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.” (Ex 34:6-7,KJV).) These attributes are a terrific place for us to begin practicing extending God’s mercy to another.
ACTION: Last week, we began looking at our hearts and lives. We asked ourselves, what could we do to prepare ourselves for our Maker’s appointed Holy Days. This week, we are focusing on exhibiting love and mercy, even as He has to us.
“O, Lord, how great is Your loving kindness. Your mercy is beyond anything we can imagine or understand. Help us to focus this week on following Your example – on loving those who challenge us. Help us to incorporate Your attributes of mercy! Help us to exhibit Your love & compassion to others. Protect the persecuted church – especially those in the Middle East, Syria and Iraq. Bring Your true peace to J’lem, to Israel, to Your people. In the Name of our precious Messiah, Yeshua, we pray. ”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
1. Pray for Israel! Clarity of mind and determination of spirit for the Israeli leadership and for the citizens.
2. Protection of the persecuted church.
3. Ministers (Dawn’s daughter and son in law): encouragement& wisdom.
4. Mom & sister (Don’s mom & sister): traveling mercies as they return to Dallas.
5. Eric (Connie & Vince’s son): peace
6. Marita (Israel): time of refreshment and physical healing during her vacation.
7. Chantell & Maggie (Les’a & Don’s daughter in law and sister in law): healing
8. Maxine, Joe, Connie, & Harriett(Jim’s mom): healing.
9. Step mom (Tracy): stage 3 non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and is undergoing chemotherapy
10. PJ: total body healing.
11. John Evans: finances
12. Jobs:Pamela, Norman G., PJ, Natan and his new military assignment.
13. REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
14. REVIVAL in Arizona
15. FRIENDS: many of our friends are hurting physically and emotionally.
16. FAMILIES & MARRIAGES: strong, healthy and Christ-centered; spiritual, mental, and emotional healing. God will bring families together. Spirit of division will cease. Family relationships healed! Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
17. PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
18. Protection of believers all over the world.
19. Encouragement for the heavy-hearted
20. Paul: total restoration including walking.
21. Dan & Sara (Art’s son and daughter in law): come together spiritually and emotionally – wisdom and favor for Art.
22. Bevin (Les’a’s friend’s husband): physical and emotional healing.
23. Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
24. John: health and vibrancy
Read all He is doing through prayer!
1. Maxine’s surgery was successful!
2. God is exposing evil terror threats!
3. Lori: new position!
4. Travis (CFS webmaster): God answered his prayer!