Cultivating a Heart of Worship
Last week, we saw that the consistency of our habits builds and develops our character. An aspect of creating godly habits is in our worship. I love how Jonathan Settel’s song, When I Worship You, draws each of us into deeper worship of our L-rd. (Jonathan encourages each of the listeners to ‘come inside the song’; let the words voice your heart’s cry.) It’s very easy to do things ‘our way’, for us and our agendas to ‘do it our way.’ I encourage you to listen to the words of this song, allow them to penetrate into the depth of your being.
To really know Him, we must focus 100% on Him. If we allow our focus to drift, we can lose our way. In 1954, the Miracle Mile was run by Roger Bannister, who first broke the 4-minute mile, and John Landy, who just 2 months later broke Bannister’s record. It has been said that John Landy lost that race to Roger Bannister, because Landy looked back to see where Bannister was. Even a split second of losing focus can cause us to lose the race of our lives. PHIL 3:13b-14, NIV: “Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
CHALLENGE: Let’s focus on worshipping our L-rd and not allowing ourselves to be distracted.
“L-rd, mighty G-d, You are the author and finisher of our faith. Thank You that in You we have all good things. Help our focus to be on You and not on circumstances. We ask that You place a hedge of protection around our loved ones – that healing reigns over the lives of Your faithful ones. Bless Israel, Your beloved; bring Your peace. Be with our country – bring Your peace to our land. Help people to obey Your precepts. Bring a reverential fear of You back into our society. We love You, Lord! In the name of our soo-coming Messiah, Yeshua, we ask these things!
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Protection of the persecuted church.
- Pray for America.
- Deb: victory over overwhelming circumstances. Encouragement!! God will provide; prayer for wisdom and favor with all those involved in the decision-making. Protection from false accusations and that truth, victory, and peace will reign. That Deb’s spirit will be lifted up: that she will have the words and clarity of mind to accomplish what needs to be done. That there will be a miraculously successful outcome of fairness and provision for her future.
- Connie: healing.
- Jim: recovery knee replacement surgery. Please pray flexibility will increase, pain will subside, and all other parts of his back, etc will operate pain-free..
- Brother-in-Law (Norman George): healing
- Shar: overcoming and sense of purpose
- Tere: healing and wisdom
- Carla: continued healing.
- Prayer for wisdom and favor as we encounter suffering people.
- REVIVAL IN AMERICA!
- REVIVAL in Arizona
- FRIENDS: many of our friends are hurting physically and emotionally.
- FAMILIES & MARRIAGES: strong, healthy and Christ-centered; spiritual, mental, and emotional healing. God will bring families together. Spirit of division will cease. Family relationships healed! Family members who are far off will return and serve God.
- PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS: spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally whole!
- Protection of believers all over the world.
- Encouragement for the heavy-hearted
- Bevin (Les’a’s friend’s husband): physical and emotional healing.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
Read all He is doing through prayer!
- Maggie (Les’a’s sister in law): She is doing amazingly well!! Thank you for your prayers!!! Everyday she is getting strong!!! // 6 wks ago: She has awakened! She has phenomenally improved!!! //She is in rehab. Restoration is happening: her voice is almost back to normal, she has use of her hands, and she can walk a bit with a cane!
- Deb got a job!!!
- Joe & Mary Benton arrived safely in Mexico, where they are Wycliffe Translators….pray G-d will provide so they can go to Okinawa to help with the birth of their 3rd