Breaking Free of Wilderness Mindsets, part 1
Impatience is an attitude that plagues us as individuals and as a society. Fast food, microwaves, texting are all very convenient but have transformed us into an “instant generation”: we want everything right now! We tend to grumble when traffic slows us or clerks are inept, or phone support agents don’t understand our vernacular.
Merriam-Webster defines patience as “the ability to remain calm when dealing with a difficult or annoying situation, task, or person.” In the Word of G-d, Paul informs the believers in Galatia there are certain characteristics which are to be exhibited by their actions. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law,” Gal 5:22-23.
I love how Joyce Meyer amplifies our understanding of patience by explaining that is not merely that we wait and endure, but it is HOW we wait. Anyone can grumble and have a bad attitude while waiting, but a mature believer’s actions should remain constant and consistent, regardless of circumstances. She adds further clarification: others should not be able to detect the difficulties the mature believer is undergoing; the actions and words of the mature believer should remain constant, just as our L-rd is constant. (Please note: this does not mean, however, that we should not reach out for prayer nor encouragement. It does mean that we shouldn’t exemplify a ‘pathetic pearl’ attitude of woe-is-me.
In each challenging situation, we get to make a decision. Will we react according to our feelings or according to His Word? With patience? Or with snappiness?
MEDITATE ON: What is He showing us about our attitudes when we encounter stressful situations? Do our reactions, in those situations, reflect our L-rd and Savior?
“Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near. Do not complain, brethren, against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door. As an example, brethren, of suffering and patience, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord’s dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful,” James 5:7-11, NASB.
“Thank You L-rd for powerful men and women of G-d! Thank You for their faithfulness to deliver Your uncompromising Word. Help us to incorporate these truths into our everyday lives. Heal our friends (Tere, Josh, and April) – thank You that healing is in Your atonement and that each of these loves You. Bring Your divine peace to Jerusalem. Raise up godly leaders in our country. In the Name of our Messiah, Yeshua, we pray.”
IMMEDIATE Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Israel!
- Tere: healing!!!
- 2-year old Grandson (Mary & Joe Benton): Please pray little Joshua’s healing.
- April (Betty & Harold Olson’s daughter): diagnosed with cancer. Payer for healing and restoration.
- Sa’ed (the Iranian-American pastor who was recently released from Iranian prison) and his wife: their marriage. And unity of their family.
- Marsha (Rhonda’s friend): friend’s husband has end stage renal failure. Encouragement and peace.
- Shar (Lori and Les’a’s friend): peace and physical and emotional strength
- Prayer for ISIS to be stopped; protection of believers
- Prayer for those who are in financial or emotional difficulties.
- Pray for America.
- Paul & Lynn Mann: total restoration.
- Jessica (Lori & Jim’s daughter): return to the God of her youth – the God of her parents.
Read all He is doing through prayer!
- David Davis (pastor of Kehilat haCarmel in Haifa) has completed his extensive treatment in Mexico and has returned to Haifa!
- David (Coles’ grandson): born healthy!!
- April: good report from doctor!
- Tracy’s infection didn’t spread to her bones!
- Shar (Les’a’s friend): house sold!!!
- Peace has returned to Don’s mom!!!
- Pamela’s miracle at work.
- Mary and Joe Benton’s son is now in Tucson! Grandson’s blood counts remained steady through the trip.
- Despite cesarean complications, Ellie (Chantell’s daughter) and Chantell are each healthy!
- April (Betty & Harold’s daughter): scan came back showing no cancer in her brain!!
- Co-worker’s hubbie (Lori): released from ICU, after having grand mal seizures
- Families are being reunited!
- Grandson (Les’a and Don): spared and visited by an angel.
- Connie is getting stronger everyday … and able to come to Service last week.